It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFC.com hacked. Is this Anon?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Well, I was visiting www.UFC.com and I saw a big Nazi on the screen, so I thought something was up.

I saw they had been hacked, and I knew they were a huge supporter of SOPA and PIPA.

I checked twitter and saw 'mayhem' Miller was making fun if it.

I just thought I would bring it here and see if anyone knows if this is Anon or not.

UFC

Any thoughts?

Pred...
edit on 22-1-2012 by predator0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I know many people do not like the UFC but this is kind of a big deal. They are a billion dollar company.

I just thought it was a big deal, to me anyway.

As a fan since the inception this has never happened.

Pred...

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I'm not sure why ANON cares about the UFC? Except for the fact they're a monopoly that has virtually consumed all of the other MMA leagues....

Out of curiosity, why were you on UFC.com?

edit on 22-1-2012 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The link you posted...

works fine for me Pred..

link   
Haha, thats funny
I think thats just someone screwing around for the lulz.

link   
reply to post by predator0187

The site is up and running on my screen but if they are a supporter of internet regulation there are definitely a target of Anon and other hackers. There's a lot of companies out there who support internet regulations and some of those companies I enjoy but if they support those bills I boycott them.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Checking upcoming fights. UFC on Fox.

The UFC was huge on the SOPA and PIPA bills, I thought that might have something to do with it.

Pred...

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

good work... if they supported sopa they deserve a slap on the wrists...

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
wow, that has definatly been hacked much O_o

it seams fairly clear that the aliases are there at least, anon is unvarifiable by definition as we discovered in another thread after some thought, are they related? *shrug* you tell me.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Maybe it is just through google then, because it is still not working.

This is what I get.

Link

Try going through google.

Pred...

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Interesting .... when I click on that link this is the page I get:

Also there is an audio clip playing i the background. Don't know who is responsible!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
AWSOME!!! For now, I hope this does not get out of hand. More and more people will learn how to do this type of stuff and it will lead to the internet being changed. If SOPA was never made this would have never happened. No way around, this type of stuff will lead to more internet laws. In a way they are helping but in another way they are destroying the internet.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Earlier today CBS.com was deleted and about a half hour ago twitter was down. Both sites are back up now but today is the end of the 72 hour window anonymous talked of in their video. It would not surprise me if anon was responsible for ufc. Could be an interesting couple of days.

venturebeat.com...

dont have a link for twitter take down right now.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Checking upcoming fights. UFC on Fox.

The UFC was huge on the SOPA and PIPA bills, I thought that might have something to do with it.

Pred...

UFC.com is probably the worst site to go to, ironically, for upcoming fights...

At least in terms of a buggy and terribly designed website full of advertisements that is painfully slow to load...

Try mmajunkie.com... instead...

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Defacers are not hackers, most of the time they are script kiddies.. as a sysadmin since 1998 for a large ISP .. I've learned to expect it.

Seriously.. security is an important thing to maintain as a systems admin and the fact is most are pretty bad about it.. You have to stay up to date with security bulletins and system patches..even then you can't guarantee that some third party software ( A content management system is often to blame ) won't have some vulnerability in it that allows precisely this kind of thing.. SQL injections, weak passwords.. it's something you can't be lax about.

I wouldn't attribute this to anon so quickly .. a lot of these "script kiddies" merely run scanners that identify vulnerable servers and in many cases, will even automatically deface the site for you.. then they will go to a group website and post their link and / or screenshot .. get cred ... some of these sites even give their hackers points and maintain a leaderboard... a lot of these people are probably 13 year olds who's voices aren't even cracking yet.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I just went to UFC.com and this is what I saw:

ETA: Someone else beat me to it.
edit on 22-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

Twitter is not known for their reliable uptime ... ever

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

LOL I always use Twitter and it is ALWAYS down!! No need to hack it to crash it!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
That is certainly interesting... Nazi hack group?

I doubt it's anon....I just have trouble believing that even anon would compare them selves to nazi's.

I love Rucka rucka though ( That's who does the song that plays).

Look him up in youtube. Funny guy that does spoofs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join