It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Petitioned to Investigate MPAA (Motion Picture Association of America) Bribery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

A petition has been created to ask The White House to investigate charges of corruption and bribery by former Senator and current MPAA CEO Chris Dodd.

The charges came about after Chris Dodd’s comments to Fox News where he threatened to withdraw money to US lawmakers, including campaign funds to President Obama’s re-election effort, if they didn’t support laws written by the MPAA. The bill in question that was recently dropped due to massive online protests to it, was of course SOPA which have now been shelved indefinitely.

Those who count on quote ‘Hollywood’ for support need to understand that this industry is watching very carefully who’s going to stand up for them when their job is at stake. Don’t ask me to write a check for you when you think your job is at risk and then don’t pay any attention to me when my job is at stake,

Harold Feld, legal director of Public Knowledge, said in a statement

Threats like that are no way to conduct the serious, sober discussions needed to figure out exactly what ails the movie industry and to come up with solutions,” Harold Feld, legal director of Public Knowledge, said in a statement. “It was Hollywood’s arrogance in pushing bills through Congress without proper vetting that caused them to be withdrawn; these threats also are not helpful to figuring out what ails the industry and how to solve their issues. As the Blackout Day showed, that type of thinking is how the old politics works.

Do my eyes deceive me, is this the tables being turned on the MPAA? It appears as though the MPAA (or at least Chris Dodd) has a "holier than thouesque" sort of attitude towards the "indefinite" decision to postpone the SOPA bill.

This guy has some gall huh? This is what happens when you start threatening the money Sir.

Article Source
edit on 1/22/2012 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I feel this is textbook "cutting off your nose to spite your face"...

...if there is such a textbook in existence that is.

I have always found though, that cutting off one's nose in this manner really makes it difficult to smell the roses.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
What is Dodd crying about.

They can shut down the pirate sites anytime without any new laws.

The Hollywood industry is screaming because revenues are way down.
(let's hire a violin quartet)

I guess that means Dodd TOOK bribes when he was a politician too.

I always thought this bonehead was vermin.

Look back at his voting records and you might see WHO paid HIM.
(Dodd-Frank ring any bells?.....Healthscare?)

edit on Jan-22-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Its pay to play, donations taken away, so they send in the DOJ, to get donations back, someone went to jail on the claims that this is how HE works, no seal team movie before the elections, what he suppose to do, send in the DOJ, secrets in hollywood should be expose by them on how many Pols in Washington, DC have given up secrets for donations, like at the Ex-CIA worker in the White House giving the Press info, not the first time people died because of Democratic loose lips, it our children dying, because of failed policys. thats why he has corprations run the White House, He's Killing off the Unions, by endosing them in the public eye, yes, every time he states unions for work, non union worker get upset, NOW the occupy movement is being ask to throw rocks, and molly's (molotovs) this in America under Him. But YOU ALL keep quiet, remember the truck driver in L.A. who in your family will get hurt and YOU just sit there, saying he's done good the the country. IT'S time for hollywood to pull hard on those Purse Strings tell the POLS we played NOW you PAY

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Why would Obama turn on his cheerleaders? It won't happen.

join