It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First time in South Africa: Very loud sound 11:30pm 21 Jan 2012

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I've experienced the duration of the noise, but not the volume you are describing. Some people have reported it starting and cutting off suddenly.

With the sound fading, did you get a sense the source was moving away from you as it was fading? edit, oops, never mind you already answered that, sorry.

I have seen and heard military planes conduct some sort of exercises over my neighborhood and that lasts for a long time and is shockingly loud. The planes will just circle donuts up there for no apparent reason. But you can see the lights of the planes even at night. One time several planes sporting red lights chased one plane sporting green lights....or maybe it was the green lights were chasing a red light, oh me and my middle aged memory! But at least I could see something and know what was causing the noise in those cases.

Well, this surely is a mystery. Thank you for purchasing additional data capacity so you could share your account.

I am not sure but I wonder if your experience of the sound correlates in any way with the large solar flare that supposedly hit over the weekend. I have not paid close attention so I'm not sure when exactly it hit us but I know it was on my news home page over the weekend.
edit on 22-1-2012 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Dudette,

I was out & about the lapa & the braai at my Dad's house in Silverton from about 17:00 Saturday afternoon until about 02:00 the morning. The WEIRD past is that I was doing Youtube playbacks to my girlfriend on my iPhone of EXACTLY the strange noises round about the time you were hearing the noises in Centurion. DAMN I wish it happened that side as well!!

I am anxiously waiting for my change of hearing it

You should have recorded them noises dammiit!!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter
reply to post by Irish614

Aeroplane is used in the UK. My narrow minded american friend
You should really know that, considering the word in your nickname
edit on 22-1-2012 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

Narrow minded
I was joking, why go through all the trouble of Aeroplane when you can just do Air Plane

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Irish614

Because that is the correct noun as listed in the English dictionary English not american. dictionary.cambridge.org...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Unlimitedsky

Where in SA did you here this??

vvv

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Hi VVV,

I live in Pierre van Ryneveld, Centurion, Gauteng.

From her post here.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by UnlimitedSky

Hi UnlimitedSky

Where in S.Africa are you? I am on the south side of JHB. (Nevermind, SonoftheSun directed me to your post of your location ^^^)

*Just a btw . Vodacom is running a 20gig special for R500 and of course useless Telkom a uncapped one for under R700 on a *up to 10mbps* line. There are cheaper ones on 1mbps rates, too.

edit on 1/24/2012 by qonone because: added

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
What a shame you did not manage to record it.

That said, seeing is believing.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Still nothing in my neck of the woods!

Perhaps we Aussies and Kiwis are deaf?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by varikonniemi
What a shame you did not manage to record it.

That said, seeing is believing.

Not seeing is believing. Seeing is knowing!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by UnlimitedSky

hey there Jo'burg Lady

I'm in Durbs and I experienced a rumbling low vibrational tone about 3 years ago.
I was in my lounge on the net and thought I heard a plane or something. (I'm strange, okay, when I hear planes or 'copters I go outside to see what's flying over
) So, I went outside to see what was up, it was sounding from the north. After I realised it was no aircraft (the sound was too constant in volume) I went around to the North facing side of my house. As I went round the corner the sound increased in volume somewhat...
I live in a little valley, with one main road to my south (40metres away) and I am surrounded by a residential area (especially to the north/north-east). The sound seemed to be rolling over the trees on the hill (again, to the north).

I thought it was strange, but having read about these sounds I tried to listen for evidence of what it may be. People have claimed engines, oceans, winds, traffic, etc.. I can't say what it was exactly, but as it carried on longer than an hour (I eventually went to bed!) and the wind was also blowing from the same direction, I'm inclined to believe that it was a collection of sounds 'trumpeting' through my little valley

But really, who knows hey. (it would be nice to meditate to, wish it happened everynight
)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join