It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Astronauts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Hi there I would like to direct everyones attention to Lord Pacal/Pakal's sarcophagus lid particularly the glyphs that border it the actual engraving is really cool and I wonder if it sometimes draws attention away from what is happening around the edge of the lid ,if you look at it as if he were launching a rocket vertically then the glyphs in the lower left corner are what caught my eye ,to me there is two that look like a standard dress diving helmet or similar to rockwall paintings found in other parts of the world that seem to display helmeted figures this is what a standard dress diving helmet looks like:

and now here is an enlarged section of the coffin lid:

I know that the one on the left might look a bit like it but the one on the right definitely has a face plate with rivets going around the outside ,I noticed this because I am a commercial diver and have used similar equipment here is a pic of a Kirby Morgan dive helmet which is what a modern diving helmet looks like:

What do you think?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by cookiemonster32

Ancient astronauts would have to be one of my favorite topics

I have a book somewhere about the place that goes into trying to decipher
the border on Pakals sarcophagus. I think the glyphs refer to Mayan gods.
But I could be wrong, I'm gettin old

edit on 22-1-2012 by LeLeu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Try www.legendarytimes.com

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

It is a favourite of mine too there is just too many wierd sculptures and statues around that could only be visitors from elsewhere this one is one of my favourites:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ballisticmousse

thanks for the website it is awesome a huge amount of info

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by cookiemonster32

The whole thing is a bit of an enigma I think-If I remember correctly the lid is made of a material(mica?)which was not found in the local area,and its not known how they fit it into the tomb or transported it there..

Been a while since I read the subject though.

It is this one right?:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

yip that's the one all right ,the first time I saw it absolutely fascinated me I could not stop looking at it

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

There is a church in spain that has a craved astronaut on one of its walls outside photos where posted on this sites years ago. in the space suit with air hose attach.

top topics

join