It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couple Finally Reveal Child's Gender, After 5 Years. Wait... What?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The 1st picture says it all

And, could someone PLEASE tell me, what is gender NEUTRAL? Was the boy born without a penis or vagina...or born like Lady Gaga? hahahah I'm sorry. But i have to laugh. People these days, will do ANYTHING for their 15 minutes of fame.

Look how the boy is dressed. Does it LOOK "neutral". It looks like they wanted a girl. What other reason could you have, for naming your SON, 'Sasha'. Why didn't they name him something like "JO"? That's a 'gender neutral' name. Sasha, seems to lean more towards the feminine side.
edit on 21-1-2012 by nuttin4U because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by nuttin4U

Why do you think so? Sasha is a perfectly suitable name for either male or female. See here. I have only ever known males named Sasha. Maybe it depends on where you're from, eh?

Why should he be more toward the feminine? Is that a problem? Maybe he won't commit date rape or beat up guys at the pub or join the military or kill his wife and kids when he grows up. Maybe he'll be a landscape artist or a astrophysicist or an electrical engineer. Of course he could just be a regular guy with a regular life. But maybe since he was allowed to find his own way through who he is, maybe he'll have a leg up on the rest of us who maybe felt a little confused about who we are ultimately because we were put into roles that may not just entirely suit us. That's what the adolescent rebellion is about and that's what middle crisis is about. This kid might not have those at all.

Time will tell.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

Sasha dresses in clothes he likes -- be it a hand-me-downs from his sister or his brother. The big no-no's are hyper-masculine outfits like skull-print shirts and cargo pants. In one photo, sent to friends and family, Sasha's dressed in a shiny pink girl's swimsuit. "Children like sparkly things," says Beck. "And if someone thought Sasha was a girl because he was wearing a pink swimming costume, then what effect would that have? "

so "hyper-masculine" clothes are off limits, but a shiny pink GIRLS swimsuit is an attempt at gender neutrality? he dresses in clothes he likes...except for this, that, and the other. as others have said, this poor child has become a kind of lifestyle accessory that makes the parents feel trendy and up-beat.

i think a girl would be able to cope better with this treatment than a boy. sadly i think it will be detrimental to his well-being.

humans are primarily social creatures, and working to isolate your child by controlling what they wear will only hurt them in the long run. if the whole world started doing this with their children, and it became "normal", then a family started dressing up their girl as a girl, and their boy as a boy, they would be social outcasts at best. when in rome.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
reply to post by nuttin4U

Why do you think so? Sasha is a perfectly suitable name for either male or female. See here. I have only ever known males named Sasha. Maybe it depends on where you're from, eh?

Why should he be more toward the feminine? Is that a problem? Maybe he won't commit date rape or beat up guys at the pub or join the military or kill his wife and kids when he grows up. Maybe he'll be a landscape artist or a astrophysicist or an electrical engineer. Of course he could just be a regular guy with a regular life. But maybe since he was allowed to find his own way through who he is, maybe he'll have a leg up on the rest of us who maybe felt a little confused about who we are ultimately because we were put into roles that may not just entirely suit us. That's what the adolescent rebellion is about and that's what middle crisis is about. This kid might not have those at all.

Time will tell.

So adolescent rebellion is about being forced to be a wife killing, date raping, bar brawling marine? I suppose the "middle crisis" is mostly about letting your fight wounds heal and coming to terms with all the dead wives and raping?
If only men could wear a dress as a child, then they'd know.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
This type of parenting scares me.
Why not raise the child as it was born, a healthy boy and nurture him, and teach him about people's differences rather than making him different and making him a social outcast.

I have felt more often than not lately, that children are not allowed to be children anymore. Parents attempt to raise them in the weirdest ways, allowing them to grow up too fast, too slowly, without normal social boundaries.
Kids aren't accessories that you can show off to your friends to prove how cool you are.
They're awesome little people with their own personalities, who should be loved and encouraged, and also taught in an age sensitive manner about people around them.
edit on 21-1-2012 by Lulzaroonie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

It is perfectly apparent that these parents are biased as to what they wish the gender of their child to be. Not only is the name feminine, but they do not let him dress as he wants. The "no-no" outfits are "hyper-masculine," but yet they let him wear "hyper-feminine" outfits. These years of his life are extremely critical to his psychological development. There is no such thing as "gender neutral." You are either male, or female. If you do not abide by gender appropriate norms, social life will be dramatically affected in the future. See here. This is the period in life in which he is supposed to be finding himself and adopting socially accepted norms. I feel bad for him. His parents are dictating the way he will think the rest of his life. This is a transvestite in the making. Not that there is anything wrong with people who have that problem, it's just wrong that he will have no control over it. His parents should be ashamed of themselves.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
A shiny pink girl's swimsuit is ok, but cargo pants are not? These parents are nuts.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
This is so wrong imho.
Gender should be celebrated, not denied.
Gender equality, has nothing to do with wath gender you are.
I also happen to think there is a difference between men and women, and this should be celebrated, not de ied.
Nature created gender, embrace it!
Inequality is in the mind!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

I used to feel sorry that I had no girlfriend. Until I met Ken who had no genitals.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by r3axion

That is going to be one messed up kid. I could understand it if he was a hermaphrodite though.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
reply to post by r3axion

That is going to be one messed up kid. I could understand it if he was a hermaphrodite though.

"Going to be"....nah, the kid is already messed up. Now, he'll never know whether he was "born that way" or not. I think people, should be REQUIRED to take parenting classes. This way, we can ALL be on the same page. Let's AT LEAST, learn the basics.

And for the person that said: "Sasha is a perfectly suitable name for either male or female".....let me just say....."Sasha"...is the name of one of the Bratz Dolls. How will this little BOY....ever deal with the ridiculing, he's about to face....because of his name?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
his parents keep blogging about his life and forcing outfit choices on him hes gonna have THE worst childhood what will bullying on the rise kids are gonna tear this kid apart either hes gonan get tough and distant soon or he will be a whipping boy for all the not so nice children would not be suprised to hear this poor child ends up ending his life in 10-15 years.......hope the parents enjoy there expirement.....

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
[color=dodgerblue]There are so many good replies here, I don't have time to reply to each of you.

I have to agree that what they are saying is 'gender-neutral' isn't really neutral at all. My opinion would be that gender neutrality would mean neutral colors, uni-sex type style of clothing and non gender specific activities.

I don't see what is wrong with celebrating the differences between men and women.

edit on 21-1-2012 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
[color=dodgerblue]There are so many good replies here, I don't have time to reply to each of you.

I have to agree that what they are saying is 'gender-neutral' isn't really neutral at all. My opinion would be that gender neutrality would mean neutral colors, uni-sex type style of clothing and non gender specific activities.

I don't see what is wrong with celebrating the differences between men and women.

Would it be wrong of me to say you have such a lovely smile?
, sorry just couldn't help myself had a few beers hahaha
still doesnt change the fact you have such a nice smile
Back on topic
This is going to be one messed up kid imo, like what was already said in this thread. It seems to me the parrents wanted a girl, but instead got a boy and then said "Damn that lets make him like a girl anyways" and then when asked why they dress their kid in girls cloths (Nothing neutral about whering a pink shinny dress imo) they say "We just like to keep the Child neutral" But yet they wont let him wear cloths for boys
And to the people defending the Parents actions, how are they rising the kid how he wants to be when its clear he is not let where boyz cloths if he wanted to only girls??. Seems to me they are trying to turn him into what they wanted in the first place, and that was a girl... S+F for you daryllyn

edit on 21-1-2012 by mcdgray129 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-1-2012 by mcdgray129 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I have to agree with most who have posted already. This seems like a cry for attention!! I don't understand how they could raise a gender neutral child and allow him to wear a shiny pink swimsuit, but "oh no cargo shorts are a no no".... I really hope the child will grow up normal, but I think his parents already screwed him up!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Well that kid's gonna be messed up. Some people should not be allowed to parent children.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mcdgray129

Would it be wrong of me to say you have such a lovely smile? , sorry just couldn't help myself had a few beers hahaha still doesnt change the fact you have such a nice smile .

[color=dodgerblue]Thanks for the reply... and the compliment (:

I think this social experiment that they are running with this poor child is nothing more than a ploy for attention on the parents part. The sad thing is that this little boy will bear the scars of his parent's actions for the rest of his life.

The only one that is losing in this mess is Sasha.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
[color=dodgerblue]I have two little boys. Ages 2 and 4. They are trucks and tractors all the way. Which is just what they like, and totally their choice.

But...

They also have baby dolls with blankets and bottles.. and they carry them around, pretend to feed them and put them to bed. They tend to play a lot less with the dolls than they do the trucks and tractors, but they have the option of less masculine toys as well.

I think that there is a balance that can be reached. Let them be boys (or girls as the case may be) but let them explore that other side as well. I think this can be accomplished without gender neutrality. I think that poor Sasha is going to be eaten alive by the bullies and it's no one's fault but his parents.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
My cousins parents did something similar but not this extreme to this.

They'd dress him in pink things and treat him as if he were a girl. He'd also play barbies with us girls.

This (in my opinion) led him into a troubled teenage life and he was in juvenile detention for awhile.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
gender is the only thing we have left..

Even transsexuals want to be a gender and will go to extream lengths to become who they want.

that kid is officially messed up.....

Dont want to be labeled a homo-phobe......but these parants??!! ... wanted to create a gay kid.....

sorry gay dudes..

not being anti-gay...

Likely.. most gay couples would find this just as awful as I do.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join