It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the wind alive, a living organism? (speculative)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Wind is the movement or air (that we dont fully understand)
OR
Air is moved by a yet unstudied, unknown biological entity: the wind.
Disprove.
Also what fields are you talking about? Do you have any idea what you said?
We move through fields to. Whats your point.
You missed my whole point on ancient greeks.
If you want to know, what i meant, just ask away, or make assumptions about what I think, based on what you think. Either way is fine with me.
edit on 21-1-2012 by BBalazs because: Ad

link   

Wind is the movement or air
OR
Air is moved by a yet unstudied biological entity: the wind.
Disprove.

link   
It can be scientifically proven that the wind is alive, but perhaps that relies on what your perception 'alive' is?

What about quarks?

To study the strong force, researchers turn to quarks, particles smaller than individual pieces of the atom. In fact, quarks come together to make protons and neutrons, the components of an atom's nucleus. In addition, quarks can also form mesons, particles made up of quarks and their anti-matter counterparts. And just as electromagnetism binds electrons to the nucleus in an atom, the strong force binds quarks together within a proton, a neutron, or a meson.

Getting to Know the Strong Force: One of the Four Fundamental Forces of the Universe

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric
hmmmm....

They do call Earth a Living Planet...

do I think the wind has a conscience?

No...

But is it part of the life cycle?

Yep

I never said it has concousness.
You made that up yourself.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by BBalazs

Originally posted by nineix
reply to post by BBalazs

I can see where this is going, so, instead of trying to explain very simple elementary school science concepts like thermal expansion and contraction, I'll leave you alone and let you kids play.

Have fun with all that.

What you are in fact doing is attaching feelings to a subject, and blatently showing your arrogance.
If it is so simply: explain!
And I have no idea where this is going, i guess its good you have preconcieved ideas and notions rather then actually thinking.
Just judge, man!
Just do it!

You just lost any chance of me ever taking anything you post seriously....

Am i supposed to have feelings about this?
I dont care, because i dont judge.
I think.
Its probably good you go now, as you can provide no explantions for my questions.
Good bye then.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by BBalazs

I see...it's all about control with you...narrowing the window of replies to suit your comfort zone....

Yeah thats what is about.
Judge away.
It great you know me.
But if you want to think, answer my questions to the posts.
Otherwise judge away, i dont really care.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

No, you're converting energy.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

"If you want to know, what i meant, just ask away, or make assumptions about what I think, based on what you think. Either way is fine with me."

we know what you meant , you don't understand the mechanics of air pressure + temperature. So your trying to paint your own philisophical argument against it . Even if the evidence doesn't support your theories .

I asked many questions there you didn't answer about wind in other places and forms.

the one making assumptions is you with wind and a living organism. By your logic i can turn my toilet water into a living organism too when i flush it
You see the swirly efffect . Its gotta be something we just don't understand !

Don't tell me about water flow ,and gravity , and pressures ! I won't hear of it ! you just don't get me !

sound familiar ?

"Air is moved by a yet unstudied, unknown biological entity: the wind"

What about winds on other planets ? Whats the point of being the only living organism on a dead planet that can't support life ? but it can wind? How come you avoid many of the questions champ ?

I know trying to fit a triangle into a circle hole seems fun . But eventually mommy is going to come down and tell you billy , this goes here .

edit on 21-1-2012 by yourboycal2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
One of the good things about ATS is that we are all free to post theories, ask questions and reply to others theories and questions too. As long as we can all try and show a level of respect to each other in all posts, this site can be a fabulous way to spend a few hours.

There are plenty of scientific reasons and proofs as to why the wind cannot be alive, I know as I've studied them. However there are myths from our past and our subconscious that do point to certain winds being at the very least partially sentient, if not damn right alive.

Anyone who has ever watched the wind play with an empty crisp bag or bit of litter instinctively knows there is something more to some winds.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourboycal2
reply to post by BBalazs

"If you want to know, what i meant, just ask away, or make assumptions about what I think, based on what you think. Either way is fine with me."

we know what you meant , you don't understand the mechanics of air pressure + temperature. So your trying to paint your own philisophical argument against it . Even if the evidence doesn't support your theories .

I asked many questions there you didn't answer about wind in other places and forms.

the one making assumptions is you with wind and a living organism. By your logic i can turn my toilet water into a living organism too when i flush it
You see the swirly efffect . Its gotta be something we just don't understand !

Don't tell me about water flow ,and gravity , and pressures ! I won't hear of it ! you just don't get me !

sound familiar ?

No, you missed the point entirley.
Also, i have already addressed water flow, reread.
Yes, I am making an assumption. I am setting up a speculative theory, as pointed out in title and OP.
It could possibly be part of Gaia theory, or maybe not.
You cannot explain wind movement, only air movement.
I have pointed this out many times, but you keep thinking they are the same, when they are not (even scientifically)....so what do I say to you?
Seriously?
Can you get over the fact that air and wind is not the same, or are you going to dig in, and stand by this prepostrous assumption?
Once again, wind moves air. It is the vechicle of life for wind, according to theory.
Just check the definition (scientific of wind) on even wikipedia, it is not what you claim it is. It is not air, but the bulk movement of air, whatever that is. Anyway, that has no implication on if it is alive or not.
Humans move stuff in bulk all the time. So what?
Anyway, if wind is just the bulk movement of air, what drives it?
If you know what drives it, give me he equation for the wind.
See you are just trying to superceed your idea onto mine, when you have exactly the same evidence as i do.
You think you know more, because you fail to realize, that accordint to this theory wind and air are not the same.
You are in essence whitewashing and avoiding a serious and fascinating question.
That is not science.
it is the essence of religion.
Believe what you want, i just ask questions, sorry it annoys you:-)
edit on 21-1-2012 by BBalazs because: Ed

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

Once again, wind moves air.

Air movement is wind. Wind is the byproduct of air. What does this have to do with it being alive?

Wind is air moving horizontally. It's the result of air movement over the Earth. Air moves because of pressure systems - it travels from areas of high pressure to areas of low pressure. The two reasons these pressures change around the earth are

Read more: Wind | Weather | Air Pressure | Movement www.kidzworld.com...

Wind is the flow of gases on a large scale. On Earth, wind consists of the bulk movement of air

en.wikipedia.org...

The rest of the air flows toward the poles. The air movements toward the equator are called trade winds- warm

kids.earth.nasa.gov...

Now its fun to use philosophy to give life to new ideas . But sugar coating and twisting the triangle to fit into a circle slot , is emotion filled ignorance. Espically when you can't grasp its concepts .

Anyway, if wind is just the bulk movement of air, what drives it?

science.nationalgeographic.com...

What is living about a byproduct ? Sure its part of life , just like neutrinos , plasma , gamma rays . are they alive too ?

Believe what you want, i just ask questions, sorry it annoys you:-)

its just like debating a christian , not annoying . Just curious about your mindset.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by nineix

Well dirt is alive technically. Rather, it's a host of life. Bacteria of all sorts. Dirt wouldn't be the same without the micro-organisms in it. You could say the same about air and the wind. It's an essential part of these organisms, so you could just call it an organ of Earth.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

What is air made of?
Dry air is primarily made up of nitrogen (78.09%) and oxygen (20.95%). The remaining 1% is made up of argon (0.93%), carbon dioxide (0.039% as of 2010) and other trace gases (0.003%). Water vapor (water in its gaseous state) is also present in the atmosphere in varying amounts, by up to 2%. source

We are not normally aware of it but air does have weight. The column of air above us exerts pressure on us. This pressure at sea level is defined as one atmosphere. Other equivalent measurements you may hear used are 1,013 millibars, 760 mm Hg (mercury), 29.92 inches of Hg, or 14.7 pounds/square inch (psi). Atmospheric pressure decreases rapidly with height. Pressure drops by a factor of 10 for every 16 km (10 miles) increase in altitude. This means that the pressure is 1 atmosphere at sea level, but 0.1 atmosphere at 16 km and only 0.01 atmosphere at 32 km.

The density of the lower atmosphere is about 1 kg/cubic meter (1 oz./cubic foot). There are approximately 300 billion billion (3 x 10**20, or a 3 followed by 20 zeros) molecules per cubic inch (16.4 cubic centimeters). At ground level, each molecule is moving at about 1600 km/hr (1000 miles/hr), and collides with other molecules 5 billion times per second.

The density of air also decreases rapidly with altitude. At 3 km (2 miles) air density has decreased by 30%. People who normally live closer to sea level experience temporary breathing difficulties when traveling to these altitudes. The highest permanent human settlements are at about 4 km (3 miles>)...
source

all of the above just illustrates what we feel on our face or see move through the trees:

In other words, air is an assembly of innumerable tiny particles in constant and rapid collisional motion.
source

rapid collisional motion is interesting.... as the tiny particles vibrate faster, it creates motion of which we feel and can see (the tree is bending over in the wind) Now the tiny particles are very busy and we can't see them but they are there. We generally take the invisible for granted.

anyway, my point is that well before the particles are rapidly colliding, creating energy (or wind); quarks are there doing their thing...before the particles bond to make, for eg: Hydrogen, it needs other ingredients... it is those ingredients that are the basic mechanics of matter and anti matter on Earth and in space. anti matter is only pending matter.

To say that quarks aren't alive (organic) is suicidal. We wouldn't be here. All we experience is the effects of this process and it is variable due to so many other things.

edit on 21/1/2012 by Thurisaz because: fix formatting

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
IMPORTANT!

Air: Air is the name given to atmosphere used in breathing and photosynthesis
Wind: Wind is the flow of gases on a large scale. On Earth, wind consists of the bulk movement of air.
Excellent.
Now, where does this disporove the possibillity that wind is a living organism, that moves the air?
At best wind is the "flow" of gases (meaning we have no idea), as no model replicates it percectly or eve. Close to perfectly, otherwise we would know when tornadoes etc happen, and could predict.
Anyway what drives the flow (the air)?
Atmospheric pressure?
Ok, so wind is atmopsheric pressure.
Cool.
What drives that?
No idea, right?
Well it could be solar flares.
It could also be that we should examine if the wind is alive, as we have never done that.
I am propsing a new way, a new direction of inquiry.
Most of you are just propsing a circular arguement, that doesnt even disclude that it is alive.
It makes no difference scientifically if the wind is alive.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

Atmospheric pressure?
Cool.
What drives that?
No idea, right?

No idea ? you didn't even look at the links did you ?

all your doing is sticking your fingers in your ear going LALALALA . LIke christians do .

Your trying to make something new , but you don't have a basis . Just emotionally driven ignorance . Which is quite dangerous.

If i were to take wind as alive , i would also take gravity to be alive , angular momentum as alive , lightening as alive. etc.

How about people who pass gas so many times a day ?

Hows that for "alive " lol .

The only wind here is the hot air swirling in your head

Enjoy the links good luck. Fine line between philosophy and wishful thinking

Some fun with wind
Ignore the 9/11 parts :p

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourboycal2
reply to post by BBalazs

Atmospheric pressure?
Cool.
What drives that?
No idea, right?

No idea ? you didn't even look at the links did you ?

all your doing is sticking your fingers in your ear going LALALALA . LIke christians do .

Your trying to make something new , but you don't have a basis . Just emotionally driven ignorance . Which is quite dangerous.

If i were to take wind as alive , i would also take gravity to be alive , angular momentum as alive , lightening as alive. etc.

How about people who pass gas so many times a day ?

Hows that for "alive " lol .

The only wind here is the hot air swirling in your head

Enjoy the links good luck. Fine line between philosophy and wishful thinking

I will look at sour links. I actually wrote that before sou did.
Of to lunch, then i will disprove you, you of so little faith (which i take to mean creativity) :-)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

"then i will disprove you, you of so little faith (which i take to mean creativity) :-) "

yea hear that all the time from christians. I see your on the wishful thinking part. No matter few more steps you will get to reason and logic

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by dadank
reply to post by nineix

Well dirt is alive technically. Rather, it's a host of life. Bacteria of all sorts. Dirt wouldn't be the same without the micro-organisms in it. You could say the same about air and the wind. It's an essential part of these organisms, so you could just call it an organ of Earth.

Now thats the kind of thinking that would help us live in harmony with nature, and the universe, sustainer of life, rather then just destroyin everythin, and denying the infinate possiblity and beauty of every single moment.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by BBalazs

Originally posted by EvolEric
do I think the wind has a conscience?
No...
But is it part of the life cycle?

Yep

I never said it has concousness.
You made that up yourself

well consciousness is a vague subject to begin with. We understand one part of 'consciousness' as the exhibition of order. Predominantly, we observe and base theories relative to 'what we see and understand'

if order indicates consciousness then micro-organisms are very interesting:

The consciousness of a microbe

There is a lot we do not know, we need to keep that in the back of our minds and be open to discussing these things.

peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join