It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old White Man versus Young Black guy in US election - no bet.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

obama is a black man, he considered himself black so he is black

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

he's BLACK
edit on 21-1-2012 by sam_inc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
You guys are being over the top at this point to be honest.

I fall into the "I'm a Paul supporter but..." Category that you tell to get away.

It's people like you that take the public away from Dr Paul. Over the top, aggressive supporters, that are just stealing his votes.

I support Paul, I donate every week. I spread his views wherever and whenever possible. But I am respectful of everyone and their views. When people start to have a mild stroke everyone someone has a bad thing to say about Dr Paul it doesnt make us supporters look good as a whole.

I believe Ron Paul IS the only option, but the way to get him in office is by donating time, and money to spread the word in a positive manner.

Back to the RP supporter but category...
This is me, I support RP BUT I acknowledge the fact that there are things people don't like about the man. For example, I accept the fact that he is getting up there in age. Does he have 8 years left? I hope, but I acknowledge that it is something to think about.
I support Ron Paul outside of these forms more than most, but understanding that there are going to be hurdles to clear on the road to the whitehouse is common sense.
Everytime someone brings an issue against RP let's atleast admit it is a valid concern, instead of getting aggressive with posters or crying conspiracy.
Even if someones complaint is insane, there are going to be other people out there with the same views, which creates a valid issue in itself.

G R G

edit on 21-1-2012 by Mindcrime30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
And this thread should be in the trash forum, utterly ridiculous and racist
edit on 21-1-2012 by sam_inc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sam_inc
reply to post by butcherguy

obama is a black man, he considered himself black so he is black
I am 3.2 percent black.

How far do you think that will take me if I 'consider' myself black?

It isn't about what he decides, it is genetic fact that he is not black.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
A lot of black people seem to be supporting Ron Paul and not Barrack Obama.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Ron Paul will carry out the same agendas Obama was carrying out. When will people understand that it really does not make a difference. Ron Paul is promising things just as any other does and guarantees the changes he will make or try to make. Its the same sham everytime, he just puts his worm on his hook a little differently, but the hook still hurts the same when its in your lip.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Why is it that so many people are falling for the Ron Paul myth? How long has he been in office again? He is just as much a part of the status quo as the rest of them. It's like the 2008 election all over again. Obama talked a good game and did not deliver, what makes anyone think Paul is going to be any different? Why because he said he would?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I think what he's trying to say is that the majority of people don't really care what the candidates political views are, or what he says he's going to do for the country, they just care what he looks like and vote for the most attractive/dominant one.

Gotta remember that like 80-90% of the world is at least mildly retarded.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Old White Man versus Young Black guy in US election - no bet

Obama isn't that 'young'. Have you seen the gray in his hair? He was looking haggardly just two weeks in office. He's tired (or lazy) and he's disengaged. Seriously ... Ron Paul or even Newt can run circles around Obama all day long .. Obama just strolls through life while those two fellas (like 'em or not) tackle it!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

That's why I said it isn't raciest, it's political. Not even negroid persons like Obama. Generally, if you're white and if you don't like Obama, then you're being raciest, or so it seems.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

So you basically bought all the BS they've been selling? Of course they want to be president, but its not because they know they can do a great job.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr treg
Even if Ron Paul faced Obummer in a stand-off such is the schizophrenia/demographics in the US at present it is highly likely that Ron would be slaughtered in the election.

Why is this site obsessed with an obvious 21st century loser? Maybe 20 years ago he may have had a chance.

Move on Ron Paul supporters into the real world.

Trolling much??, im Both surprised and ashamed you got flags or stars for such a Thread

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kutthroat
reply to post by FlyersFan

So you basically bought all the BS they've been selling? Of course they want to be president, but its not because they know they can do a great job.

Facts are facts. Obama isn't a 'young black guy'. He's just a black guy, who has gray hair, and who is so disengaged as to appear lazy. (perhaps he really is lazy). Both Newt and Ron Paul are MUCH MORE qualified than Obama. They both are very engaged and have energy. Obama doesn't. Stating those facts isn't 'buying the bs they are selling'. It's just stating facts.

Side note - the field sucks. Newt? NO! Romney? NO! Obama? Hell no!

Jon Huntsman was the most qualified and he didn't have baggage.
But he didn't have a moronic catch phrase (like 'yes we can') to bamboozle the crowds.
And he didn't have the media on his side like Romney.
And he didn't have a high profile name like Newt.
It's a shame. He would have been the best POTUS in a long time I'd bet.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Obummer was Time Person of the Year 2008: "David Von Drehle’s masterly story on our Person of the Year not only sketches out what’s on Obama’s mind but also reveals new details about how and when he realized that his first 100 days had to start on Nov. 5, the day after voters elected him to become the 44th President of the United States and the first African American to hold the office. Von Drehle also tells us — with Obama’s help — how we should hold the new President accountable."

Obummer is a young black guy who is proud of being black and achieving presidency. This is how he is sold to the US electorate i.e. represents all US citizens whatever their hue.

Ron Paul is an old white man. These are used as selling points to the US electorate i.e. the old school.

Ladbrokes have Obummer at 8/11 and Paul at 28/1 to be next prez. Hence dont bet on Paul - waste of money.

The US is gradually segregating i.e. California becoming mexican, the main cities having different ethnic quarters etc. Obummer appeals to all sorts whereas Paul has limited appeal.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Old man is right. On January 20th, 2013 (Inauguration Day), Ron Paul (whether he's elected or not) will be 77 years 5 months old. That's only 6 months younger than Reagan was when he left the Presidency at the end of his second term (77y 11m), by which time Reagan was showing serious signs of senility.

If Ron Paul is going to be some party's nominee, pay Very Close attention to his VP running mate because that person may be running the country before the end of Paul's first term.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Shoonra

I know a cowboy who just turned 90. And he is showing so signs of senility at all. But we can't box anymore because his bones are too brittle.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kutthroat
Ron Paul will carry out the same agendas Obama was carrying out. When will people understand that it really does not make a difference. Ron Paul is promising things just as any other does and guarantees the changes he will make or try to make. Its the same sham everytime, he just puts his worm on his hook a little differently, but the hook still hurts the same when its in your lip.

Ron Paul has been shouting the same agenda to anyone that will listen for the last 30 years. So you're saying the way he "put the worm on the hook" was by spending his entire career repeating the same politically unpopular rhetoric to anyone that will listen, get called crazy, only to be proven 100% correct at the very end of his uncompromisingly consistent career in order to get elected and sell out?

But you probably wont even bother watching.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sam_inc

Well, I've got about as much Cherokee in me as he does black in him. Is it okay for me to call myself Cherokee because I consider myself as such?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr treg
Even if Ron Paul faced Obummer in a stand-off such is the schizophrenia/demographics in the US at present it is highly likely that Ron would be slaughtered in the election.

Why is this site obsessed with an obvious 21st century loser? Maybe 20 years ago he may have had a chance.

Move on Ron Paul supporters into the real world.

Wanna know why you are wrong? Because this time, people are listening to his views. Unlike when younger people voted for Obama. Obama was a political fashion trend. I'd guess 80% of Obama voters in 2008 voted for him because they gave into the peer pressure of friends, and the seduction from entertainers and the media.

2008: "I'm voting for Obama because he brings us hope and Jay-Z likes him. Woooo!!"

2012: "I'm voting for ron Paul because he understands and believes in the American spirit and liberty we were founded on. He believes Americans can make decisions for themselves without government intervention. He believes that investing in our own country, rather than spending billions occupying multiple countries will allow us to thrive."

Big difference.
edit on 21-1-2012 by capone1 because: typo

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join