It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Threaten To Take Down Xbox LIVE Servers and much more!!, The UN, US Bank, Capital One, Twi

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mcdgray129

The last time I checked, Microsoft straight-up refused to join the blackout strike. Even XKCD, a comic strip, did it. Also, I must add, this feud with Anonymous is not at all new. They took Microsoft to their knees last April, when they threatened them with similar attacks that they performed on the Playstation network, and Microsoft unbanned thousands of banned consoles.

Plus, Internet Explorer sucks. Microsoft should at least be punished for that.

reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

Wait- are you really stuck to that thing 24/7? Because I am sure that the problem will be fixed within two days.

reply to post by Donahue

LulzSec did it.

And, in conclusion, although I may seem a bit snappy- I do not mean to offend. This post is just to address a bunch of people and express my two cents, not to criticize anybody.

Seraph

PS, to everyone- And no, Anonymous is not a false flag. Their targets are picked via IRC rooms, and let me tell you: not every of the 3000+ on IRC Thursday night were government moles. Go check it out yourself!
edit on 21-1-2012 by seraphnb because: ps

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by roaland

couldn't agree anymore! There's no way anon would go this long without some other hacker group, payed and bought for by the good ol' gov., finding out who is behind all these attacks from anonymous. It's as if anon. has the only hackers on the entire planet. Money is a powerful tool to use to get people to do what you want. So i find it impossible not to believe that the government has something to do with anon and has had something to do with it this whole entire time.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Ok so I have to say something here. First off SOPA and PIPA I haven't read through the bills in their entirety, but the concept of it seems reasonable to me. I mean it is not fair for you or myself to watch movies or listen to music without paying for it. I mean I realize there are those that will argue that it shouldn't have to be bought and paid for but seriously that isn't the case. That is no different then if you were to say invent something that could potentially make a living for you say a recipe or a game that you designed. So those who think that piracy is ok I suppose would just place their creation online for anyone and everyone to enjoy with no gain for themselves. This is a great concept if it was realistic, but in the real world it's not.

That is neither here nor there. Basically Anonymous is mad because the government took action against a site that was semi legit and semi non-legit, and they are mad at the government? So their answer is to shut down banks and Xbox live, and that UN. All of which have absolutely nothing to do with the website that was shut down or the actions taken by the American government. Makes all sorts of sense huh?

I saw someone talking about Microsoft supporting the SOPA bill well sure they are. Microsoft software is one of the most frequently pirated items out there. How many of you have used an illegitimate copy of windows? Don't worry not asking anyone to actually admit it. I'm just saying think about it.

SOPA and PIPA are not supposed to be about freedom of speech they are supposed to be about Piracy. Which is something I think a lot of the people lost the plot of. Now of course the government worded it in a way that works to their advantage big shocker there. So great the protests worked and the government recalled action on it, so mission accomplished. The shut down of Megaupload was for a violation of copyright laws.. So am I missing the plot here somewhere?

I'm sorry but no matter how you cut it or speak it. Freedom of Speech does not mean you have the right to see any and everything for free. A movie produced, directed, and acted for your entertainment has every right to be sold and protected from Piracy. Just like music. You could record the entire album and share it with your friends, but everyone knows that its not exactly legal and you all know somewhere that it is not exactly right either. Again back to the first paragraph of my post. If you made a cool little game that you wanted to share with your friends, and you were in the process of trying to get it on ITunes for example so you could make 1 or 2 bucks off each sale. How would you feel if you found out that one of your friends put it for free online and now thousands of people are already playing your little game and you have made nothing at all?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo

Originally posted by Epirus

Originally posted by mcdgray129

Originally posted by roaland
reply to post by ApolloBloodline

I personally don't care for Microsoft, i don't even own an Xbox and certainly don't like anything about SOPA. I was mostly being sarcastic, but now that you mention it, didn't a bunch of hackers get into sony a while back and steal a bunch of CC info and user accounts and such? Yea i work hard for my money and when i spend it on an online game for a monthly fee and some hacker comes along and breaks into the Sony servers and steals my CC info and I'm suppose to support that because i happen to agree with whatever the hacker is protesting? My money is just that, mine, politicians steal enough of it from me already...hands off...
edit on 20-1-2012 by roaland because: mis-wording

I agree 100% with both of your comments so i gave you a star for both
Some of us here are gamers, and don't deserve to have our accounts hacked etc just cos someone is pissed off at someone else...

Yeah it does suck that they are willing to affect so many innocent people in their haste to prove their point. Certainly there are better ways to send a message without disrupting others? Or maybe they feel the message is more important than the temporary disruption caused for the people...which I suppose has historically been true in rare cases. The part I can't quite understand is, if they are all about freedom and fairness then why do they release personal info of so many people. Sometimes a person works for a company in mid management because they have a family they need to support and they have nothing to do with the decision that annoyed the group yet since they work for the target company their info gets released...not fair.

I don't see much of a problem with it. I can barely write a paper without having facebook and twitter open on other tabs, AND playstation network. INEXTREMIS, this attack is justifiable. Think about it, who would've known about SOPA if it weren't for facebook and twitter.? We retweeted "STOP SOPA" and Posted it on our walls. NDAA is a much more damning bill but the response to SOPA dwarfed it. Why.? Because like my calc. teacher would say to my class once a week, "humans beings are creatures of habit." (Bout the only teacher i've ever respected :duh
" When something threatens our daily routine we will raptorously respond.! It just sucks that we care more about our facebooks and twitters than our RIGHTS.

I thought about this too and was totally gobsmacked that people barely raised an eyebrow over their rights being stripped from them but take away our internetz oh noes!!!
Well done for pointing at that great big pachyderm standing in the middle of the room.

Originally posted by seraphnb

I know that I, for one, will be joining LulzSec on this new voyage through the high seas. I got my list of pastebin LOICs favorited in TOR . . .

Feeling bridgey,
Seraph

next time in english please

edit on 21-1-2012 by HighMaintenance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by HighMaintenance

Please excuse my hip new-speak.

Translated: I will be joining Anonymous (the hacker group) in this new operation- I have a list of Low-Orbit Ion Cannons (which are used to perform super-quick Distributed Denial-of-Service, or DDoS, attacks that shut down websites) in the favorites bar of my browser, which just so happens to be The Onion Router, which blocks ALL tracking devices websites try to plant on your computer, makes your computer address (or IP address) look like it is from Russia or China and allows you access to the inner workings of Anonymous.

Hope this clarifies,
Seraph

PS- and, you can configure TOR (the above-mentioned browser) to change your IP address by adding "bridges."
edit on 21-1-2012 by seraphnb because: ps

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by HighMaintenance

While I'm still fairly new to this site, I've been screaming about my rights since bush set presidence with the 1st bailout and the patriot act.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by UkRandom

Originally posted by AzureSky
If Anon would drop some bomb data that would spread like wildfire, like conclusive proof of the elite families controlling everything, out in the open for everyone to see instead of searching all over the place for info (which the average person will not do).

That would definitely get people riles up, to know that they are looked at like slaves.

seek and ye shall find
not on clearweb(the web your using right now)

there are many levels to the internet your using the BASIC sheep level
as i said seek and ye shall find

U2U Me, I'd like to chat privately about that.
If you feel so inclined to do so. I have found a buttload of information lately, mainly from places here on ats that branch out to other places. Lots of things have popped up but i've never really considered using Tor, I don't know if i trust it or not, seeing as how it was made for the military, who's to say the military still dont have a hand in it ya know?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
If I'm not mistaken the 72 hours are up today, so shouldn't we start seeing sites go down relatively soon?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Yes I concede that
Hell I dabble on the 360 myself ( M.E, fable type stuff - but did have steel battalion on the old box
)
And my son plays .......well more than I approve of but I make great efforts to do stuff together and not let him be on it 24/7 coz it's the easy thing to do
People are not getting bent out of shape becose anon are playing into the hands of TPTB
( which I think they are - if not a false flag ) people are complaining about not having XBL of facebook for 3 days
My point is people's priorities are wrong and it enrages me
as usual the PC protesters are wanting someone to stand up for your rights and fight back
Then when they do the same bloody people complain against the action ie 3 days no Facebook !
All from the safety of their PC they don't actually do anything themselves just incite others then complain about their action
MS is a huge company I'm sure there's plenty of reasons to have a go at them
As for doing things like exposing sex offenders
How does that attack the system , bankers , corporations ?
And does it state what the crime was on that list ??
Some poor guy getting his life destroyed becose when he was 17 he had sex with a 15 year old , as has been the case
I know myself in my youth in a night club chatting to a girl ............ Your how old !!!!!
How the hell did you get in the club .....well you do look 18 but .....
How many have come close to being on that list
How many are on it for wrong place wrong time type stuff
Just sayin it happens

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Naw, he won't say much. Maybe more to you than to me. [sniffle]

But I recommend TOR personally. It has the SeraphNB Stamp of Approval. It REALLY keeps you anonymous on the web. If you keep your toes out of the mud, you will be pretty okay on it. Stay away from any mysterious links without clear descriptions- especially those posted in the chatrooms or imageboards- and your computer and your innocence should get away unscathed, if you take my meaning.

Seraph

PS- I am going to beat Mr Uk to the biscut and recommend Glary Utilities as well.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by seraphnb
reply to post by AzureSky

Naw, he won't say much. Maybe more to you than to me. [sniffle]

But I recommend TOR personally. It has the SeraphNB Stamp of Approval. It REALLY keeps you anonymous on the web. If you keep your toes out of the mud, you will be pretty okay on it. Stay away from any mysterious links without clear descriptions- especially those posted in the chatrooms or imageboards- and your computer and your innocence should get away unscathed, if you take my meaning.

Seraph

PS- I am going to beat Mr Uk to the biscut and recommend Glary Utilities as well.

TOR is really not all that privet, it is very easy to track back an IP to the original host on that, Sure it might take a little more time, but it is still no more harder then if you where not using TOR

Anyway i gave everyone a Star for posting so far
edit on 21-1-2012 by mcdgray129 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

edit on 22-1-2012 by lcbjr1979 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join