It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

white smoke before closing eyes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Last couple of weeks my older friend has been seeing like a shadow or cloud of white smoke before closing eyes. It doesn't happen all the time and she doesn't smoke anymore. She's not in the best of health and her husband passed 10 years ago. Does anyone in this forum know what it could mean?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

I have no idea but when my wife had cancer, her and I were praying and when I opened my eyes there was a clear as day white smoke that floated from the top of her head and through the cieling. She saw it as well and it scared her. (She has been cancer free for 8 years BTW.
)

I am not suggesting it was a ghost but strange non the less.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Tell her to go get her eyes checked, it could be anything like glaucoma or old age if she is old lol. But better to be safe than sorry and go blind one day.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I would check out the medical side of this problem first as it would be the easiest to check out when narrowing down such causes. A quick Google search of Smokey Vision turns up a few hits that points to medical, not saying it is, but if it turns out not to be medical than at least you can check it off the list.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
It's swamp gas...or maybe an eye problem.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Phosphene

A phosphene is a phenomenon characterized by the experience of seeing light without light actually entering the eye. The word phosphene comes from the Greek words phos (light) and phainein (to show).[1] Phosphenes are flashes of light, often associated with optic neuritis, induced by movement or sound.[2][3] Phosphenes can be directly induced by mechanical, electrical, or magnetic stimulation of the retina or visual cortex as well as by random firing of cells in the visual system. Phosphenes have also been reported by meditators[4] (commonly called nimitta); people who go for long periods without visual stimulation (also known as the prisoner's cinema); or those who are using psychedelic drugs.[5]

edit on 20-1-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Must be so used to smoking that she still thinks it is there. Unless it really is there which may or may not be the case.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

How old is she? I believe older people or people close to passing, just like young children, can see things we cannot.
Why just before she closes her eyes? can she fight it and keep them open to see more?
is she hearing anything?

top topics

join