It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forbidden! Is Anyone Else Getting This Message?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I use Scroogle, as to avoid the regular things that happen when you search with Google, and I got this message. I'm not sure if its just me or not.

Forbidden
so sorry...
Google is temporarily blocking this Scroogle server.

Please wait ten minutes before trying again.

Yes, Scroogle is upset with Google.

1. Google handles 1 billion searches per day, while Scroogle handles 350,000 searches per day. This means that Scroogle is 0.035 percent of Google's load.

2. Google uses 900,000 servers, while Scroogle leases just six low-end dedicated servers.

3. Google has billions and billions of dollars in the bank, while Scroogle is a recognized public charity and survives on modest donations averaging $43 per day.

4. For more than seven years, Scroogle has always made serious efforts to detect and block any and all bots. Almost every Scroogle searcher is a live person clicking on a mouse. Yet Google treats Scroogle like a bot because they see the traffic from our six IP addresses as higher than normal. Searching Google with a bot is against Google's terms of service, but Scroogle users are not bots.

Is it "Terms of Service" for Google, or is it "Terms of Monopoly"?

You can tell the Antitrust Division what you think about Google.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Google messes with the system every now and then. Use Startpage or duckduckgo as an alternative when this happens. Scroogle should be sorted soon enough. ETA: however, I am not having a problem searching with it at the moment.
edit on 20-1-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
What benefit is there to searching with Scroogle over Google?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Hektik1

do a search on the "google bubble"

you should then see why it is important to shift your search engines around so that you are not dealing with filtered search results.

startpage, scroogle and duckduckgo are engines that claim not to filter results based on what the algorithms tell them you want to see.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
If you're looking for an alternative to google, try DuckDuckGo.com.
They don't track you.
They don't filter results.
They don't custom tailor results for you to make money off of ad revenue.
Plus they have a duckie as a mascot and he's awesome.

new topics

top topics

join