It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Re:Why I Hate Religion, But Love Jesus !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Watch this video ( to expose who tell you anything other than the truth !

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymousman

Please use the search function before posting. This is like the 80 dozenth post of this (exaggeration).

I comment because it's getting really annoying this has been posted so often.

If you get tempted to post the Charlie Chapman video, well, that one has been posted to over abundance too.

Please use the search function.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

2 Things: First of all that was obviously made for the younger generation. What I can't figure out is why they just didn't put a drum mix in there and make the rap complete. I like the message, I'm just not into the way it's presented.

Secondly OP, when you start a thread and put a video or video's in it, it's common that you actually state your own point of view to get the converstaion started. A title for the thread doesn't count as a converstaion starter.

So that being said, what is YOUR opinion of this?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

edit on 20-1-2012 by treespeaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
perfect example of how belief separates us. The whole world is lying to each other and themselves about god.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
im sorry but anyone who calls Jesus god is a moron

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by nineix

Please use the search function before posting. This is like the 80 dozenth post of this (exaggeration).

I comment because it's getting really annoying this has been posted so often.

If you get tempted to post the Charlie Chapman video, well, that one has been posted to over abundance too.

Please use the search function.

That's what I thought too, at first, but this is a rebuttal to the original one that has been posted 80 dozen times!

Anyway, OP, I like it. I like what it says and I agree with this guy. But prepare to get hell fire flamed from some here.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Thank you so much for giving us this video once again, or so I read. This is actually the first time I have viewed the video and I love it! It is sooooo true and it was made out of love. SO....I LOVE IT and also LOVE the way it was presented. The poetic rap form is pretty cool to me and it reaches the younger crowd as well. We need to reach everyone, but the younger crowd is our future!

Amen and AMEN!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Respect to Islam.
But personally I don't agree fully with the clip - there may be one God, but that God has many facets and avatars.
Jesus to me was a very special avatar and incarnation of God for our age.
Islam had a very nice prophet, but many Hindus and Christians believe that they actually experienced God on earth.

Then I also don't get the whole rap about drinking wine - so we must just drink caffeine and chew a vine all day, like all the strict Somali Muslims here?

I can drink wine and still think about God, and be a good person the following day.
I'm sure Muslims can be too, but let's not be patronizing...

Sure one can make an idol of God.
It does not have to be a physical idol.
I'd say there is no religion without some imagery, whether from sound or sight.
To say you can become devoted to this form of God, but not another, is simply a cultural judgement.

You cannot remove Christ, or the idea of Christ as an idol, without pushing another one.
One can perhaps choose to worship another concept of the divine, or a greater version of God.
It becomes a word game.

I was first thinking: is this man speaking an American accent, or Arabic?

I'd say if one makes such a clip in a Western medium, then tell us a bit about human rights and Islam, or one should stick to more traditional forms that not only elucidate a supposed spiritual superiority, but also a culture which reflects that.

There are still sects within Christianity that say pretty much the same; simply preaching against the divinity of Christ is not a convincing argument for Islam in itself.

edit on 20-1-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I have a similar view. I don't hate all organised religion as such, just prefer people who inturnip (yes internip! In a sillt mood I'm afraid today!.....) it themselves rather than go along with what people assume. Just assuming the local priest or whoever has got it dead on is madness imo. Don't get me wrong he'll be great help in teaching you, but you want to make your own mind up about why he did this and that etc. I think it's awful how when someone questions a story in the bible and asks if it actually means something else you are treated as foolish and silly, (in the churches my schools visited anyway)

Open discussion should be a regular theme when it comes to worship for those who want to explore religion more. I'm not into Christianity, but I'm, sure J.C was a kool guy though and a bloody good neighbour loke Ned Flanders! lol

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
What does the gentleman mean in the clip at 2:33: "You see, nobody used to worship Jesus"?

Could somebody qualify that or explain that statement?

As far as I know Jesus was worshiped since Calvary.

Perhaps it would be more correct to say that nobody worshiped Allah (except for one Arab tribe), or people who very nearly made a cult of His Prophet (if it wasn't forbidden, at least visually) until 700 years after people first worshiped Jesus.

Yes love can be blind.
And sometimes God does not return our affections (as is said in the last few moments of the clip).
So that's when another group of God's people have to take pity, and allow the poor women, the religious dissidents, the gay people and the minorities from certain countries; because Jesus said we should see Him in the faces of the oppressed.

Be that as it may, but how can the OP claim to "hate religion", when he bases the thread on a missionizing Islamic clip?
I'm confused.
Is he suggesting that he hates Islam (as a religion)?

It seems that nowadays "religion" is a dirty word, but essentially people sell the same old thing under a different heading, usually a superior "lifestyle", or a "personal relationship with God".
Different labels; same cults and religions; same churches; same temples and mosques as always.

You pay.
The priesthood enjoys.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
The gent in the clip said that when Jesus said he must do something, he actually does it.

Considering Jesus's teaching on marriage and divorce, how does that tally with having up to four wives?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
The gent in the clip said that when Jesus said he must do something, he actually does it.

Considering Jesus's teaching on marriage and divorce, how does that tally with having up to four wives?

I'm not sure what you're getting at here, with the "4 wives" thing....

But, I always found it questionable that Jesus wasn't married. Jewish law required a man to be married with children in order to be respected socially. He must show that he is control of his family before he can lead a congregation.

Also, Jewish law is clear about "getting busy" and reproducing and stuff. Jesus should've had a wife.

And another thing, if Jesus was born of a virgin, and therefore had the DNA of God, why didn't he reproduce? What was the purpose of being human with God's DNA and not passing it on to future generations?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

What I'm getting at is the OP clip, which is a Muslim sermon.
Typically they deny the divinity of Christ, but accept Him as a prophet.
Yet they would still claim to follow His instructions.

Now, Jesus made certain rules on marriage and divorce.
In that respect they are not following His instructions, or are they?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by definity

And this is based on . . what?
You are talking about all Christians and saying they are morons.
Christians believe Jesus is the son of God and son of God in being a god himself, in that he existed in that form as a spiritual being equal with God, but became a human to bring salvation to those who live in the world.
If you believe in another version of Jesus then by creating an alternate version, you are not actually believing in the real Jesus but an anti-Jesus of your own creation.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Typically they deny the divinity of Christ, but accept Him as a prophet. Yet they would still claim to follow His instructions. Now, Jesus made certain rules on marriage and divorce. In that respect they are not following His instructions, or are they?

Firstly, muslims dont just accept Jesus as just another prophet, but also as the messiah born of a virgin, who will return to slay the AC. (See how similar it is to whats there in the bible?)

Secondly, muslims have this concept of people being sent a prophet who is of their own kind, speaking their language.

Moses was sent for a specific people, who were supposed to listen to them.
Jesus also was sent to a specific people, and they were to listen to him.

and similarly,Mohammad also was sent to a specific people, who listened to him.
So muslims do not particularly have to follow rules on everyday living set by previous prophets.

As for the marraige/divorce laws in Islam, it may have been better suited for their situation back then in the desert wilderness.
Another example - The Israelite prohibition on camel meat did not have to apply to muslims living in the barren desert... where camel meat was easily available.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Thanks for that, and the interesting information.

Of course I was referring to what the guy in the OP clip says, which only discusses Jesus as a prophet.

So thanks for a wider perspective.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Just wondering, since all the usual old religious drivel is now claimed to be "non-religious", does that mean the IRS can finally tax these groups?

I mean if you claim publically that your organization hates religion, you shouldn't have tax-exempt religious status.
Right?
edit on 21-1-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by definity

And this is based on . . what?
You are talking about all Christians and saying they are morons.
Christians believe Jesus is the son of God and son of God in being a god himself, in that he existed in that form as a spiritual being equal with God, but became a human to bring salvation to those who live in the world.
If you believe in another version of Jesus then by creating an alternate version, you are not actually believing in the real Jesus but an anti-Jesus of your own creation.

Mark was the first gospel ever written about Jesus and we know (Biblical Scholars) that Mark 16:9-20 was a forgery.

so...
Jesus did not exercise 7 demons out of Mary Magdalene.
Jesus never rebuked his 11 (not Judas) deciples for not believing the rumors saying that he has risen.
Jesus never went up to the right hand of God (at least that we know of and definitely not in physical form)...
You don't need to believe the story and be baptized in order to get to heaven.

According to Mark, Jesus was "The Son of God" NOT God himself.

Jesus says "Why call me good? There is no one good but God". Jesus said "Hear ye Israel for God is ONE".
Jesus tried to get a rich man to give away his wealth and he wouldn't and his disciples complained saying "How can anyone get to heaven?" and Jesus said "with man this is impossible but with God all things are possible".

Jesus said that these are the most important things for going to heaven. The most important commandments:

- God is one and love him with all your heart
- Love your neighbor as yourself

But, Jesus also said that it was not him who healed it was our FAITH.

So the Jesus of the original first gospel of Mark is way different than what the bible says of him today.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Jesus said "Hear ye Israel for God is ONE".

You can find a similar verse in Deuteronomy 6:4
Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.
What this means is all the various concepts that the Israelites had at an earlier time, where you had several different names for "god", all those were gathered together under the single all-inclusive heading of the I Am.
So this was the earliest exposition of the "godhead" principle.

So the Jesus of the original first gospel of Mark is way different than what the bible says of him today.
The earliest writings about Jesus, that are currently in the Christian Bible, was the letters of Paul.
edit on 21-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join