It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Footage Caught on 03/21/2011

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Original Video
www.youtube.com...

Cropped & Enhanced Video
www.youtube.com...

This is footage I captured from my home using my hp laptop webcam (propped up on the bed, quite unprofessionally
My sister and I had been recording for EVPs as well as visual for a month or two prior due to some voices and knocks being heard in our home. This particular night/morning we had left the webcam on motion-detected auto-record in her room (as she slept in mine - as we're both chickens.) In the morning, there were 11 clips. 10 of which were around a minute in length and were in complete darkness, so useless (we never turned a light on), and the 11th was from around 6AM - when we were all up and about getting ready for school and work.

In the video, at 3 seconds you see a white "mist" come out of the open closet door on the bottom left. You will notice during the duration of the film, the room gets lighter with sun, so it gets easier to see. At 12 seconds it moves over to the right and is in the center of the panel of wall between both doorways. It sits there until 3 minutes and 45 seconds until it moves "onto" the bed as it appears. I realize the film quality is horrible and will gladly post other videos to show you how much my HP cam sucks. But apart from the obvious low film quality spots and specks, the object I am referring to is clearly seen. Notice how the shadow on the bed moves even before the "mist" moves towards the bed. It appears to sit there the rest of the video. At 4 minutes 40 seconds my nasally sister can be heard talking to my mom. Then shortly after the motion-detection stops recording.

We have a theory - if in fact it cant be debunked (with technology, not opinion, by any of you.) We had a family pet, a cat named Charlie who in his last year of life spent much time sleeping on a pillow in that closet. That room was used as an office at the time and he was in there often. Charlie died about 6 months before this was taken. Its my only ghostly explanation - and you can even see as it leaves the closet, it does so in a very feline manner. Just a theory, please share your thoughts and feel free to bombard me with questions!!

edit on 20-1-2012 by SweetSomnia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
That was pretty cool!

I do see some activity--lots of small flashing blink-like lights, and at the end it appears that there is a "cloud" in the air to the right of the screen that gets more active as the video continues.

I saw a ghost once in my life standing next to my bed---and she had a definite appearance. I could make out her face and body perfectly--even though she sort of "glowed." So---it was a lot different than what you've filmed...but still---this is interesting.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I've rewinded & replayed the video several times, & I don't see any white mist coming from the closet 3 seconds into the recording..

Maybe it's just the camera quality that is making it difficult for me to really spot anything.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
it would appear to be just light from the tv

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SweetSomnia

OK...I got the part you were using a laptop to film it with motion detection on. I want to make sure, was there anyone in this room when this was filmed? Also, was the room door open? So light could possibly have gotten into the room from movement in the hallway or another room?

The reason I'm asking is not the light thingy you're talking about, and what's in the thread, but what I see is almost from the beginning, and for quite a bit of the footage...off and on...I see a shadowy movement on the left of the room.

It looks like there is a table there with a clock and a turned off light. But I swear I keep seeing shadow movement around that table. That...for me...stood out more than the light/mist you were referring to.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schwalbe
it would appear to be just light from the tv

There is no television in that room.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate

OK...I got the part you were using a laptop to film it with motion detection on. I want to make sure, was there anyone in this room when this was filmed? Also, was the room door open? So light could possibly have gotten into the room from movement in the hallway or another room?

The reason I'm asking is not the light thingy you're talking about, and what's in the thread, but what I see is almost from the beginning, and for quite a bit of the footage...off and on...I see a shadowy movement on the left of the room.

It looks like there is a table there with a clock and a turned off light. But I swear I keep seeing shadow movement around that table. That...for me...stood out more than the light/mist you were referring to.

Hey thanks for the observation. No one was in the room at the time. There is a window behind the laptop and on the left side of the room. That was the only light source in the room. As for hallway movement, I can attest that there was no hallway movement interfering with what was being caught on camera as that is the last bedroom at the end of a very long hallway.
edit on 20-1-2012 by SweetSomnia because: typo

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Maybe it's just me...but watch that area all throughout..and only that area where the table is...but I swear I see shadow movement in that area.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate

Maybe it's just me...but watch that area all throughout..and only that area where the table is...but I swear I see shadow movement in that area.

I re-watched the video, I do see what you are referring to but it just adds to the strangeness of it all. The reason I didn't pick up on it is because I'm really focused on the "moving mist" coming out of the closet then hopping on the bed! Its all really interesting. I definitely plan on investing in some good recording equipment though, i feel horrible that my first contribution looks like it was recorded in 1991!
Keep sharing your thoughts

PS to other readers - as I said, that room is the "spare room" in essence as my sister and I are constantly back and forth to that house. Its minimally filled with a tall black dressing mirror on the right, the bed in the center of the room, and a small nightstand in front of the closet. There aren't any pictures or television or chairs or anything extra like that.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I hope this thread and video doesn't get lost on here. It definitely looks mysterious and is moving like some kind of animal. It's white, creates a shadow and looks slightly transparent. As for what it is is anyone's guess. I believe it's something paranormal.
edit on 20-1-2012 by B0Bthrob because: typo

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Way cool! Good catch I saw the mist and like the blinking lights pretty creepy Have you had any more exoeriences Like The evps are pretty creepy has your sister caught any children voices on the evp? Those are really troubling and sad.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1loserel2

Way cool! Good catch I saw the mist and like the blinking lights pretty creepy Have you had any more exoeriences Like The evps are pretty creepy has your sister caught any children voices on the evp? Those are really troubling and sad.

They moved out of that house about two months ago and I currently live out of state, but while we all lived there, my two younger sisters both claimed to have experiences where they heard the other on their cell phone upstairs, assuming they were home after school, only to go upstairs and find no one there. My mother, the skeptic even if one bites her in the butt, had a night where my younger sister was running down the hall laughing loudly at around 4 am so understandably she got up to freak out and found the hall dark - my sister goes no where without seventy lights on. So mom goes in her room to yell and finds her snoozing. Another time my other sister was on the computer and looked out the window to her right only to see a small girl standing in our kitchen archway, when she turned around nothing was there. It was pretty awesome living there and hearing their tales but sadly I never had any myself. I feel like maybe staying in contact with the new residents and see if they get any action.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I can definitely see the "mist" way better on the enhanced video. I'd love to spend the night in that room!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
that is some dark, grainy low res video you have there

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaveNorris

Yup but still im liking this thread.
I watched the vids a few times now but so far i cannot fault it for much.There are 2 things though.In the first video there is a cut out and the image comes back with different lighting and more detail.And those white specs that keep popping up (not the ones that dimm slowly).It is almost a VHS effect but on a webcam,i dont get that unless the cam has some sort of fault.

finally something to see in the forum that does not seem fake or sounds amazingly preposterous right from the start.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
i was going to post something but ..No first i have a question for the Op

Which light source(s) were active in the room near or around the laptop outside of the window in the room?

edit on 21-1-2012 by Rafe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I agree.
Not the best execution of that. We forgot to turn a light on AND were using my horrible HP compared to her brandnew one. I do apologize but make no claims that its the end all be all of ghost videos. Just something I wanted to share with you guys.

I always assumed if I got something on cam it would be way obvious, not something my little sister saw after watching it 18 times. If it wasnt for her I wouldnt even have seen it. But I plan on uploading a close up I have of the mist and a picture of Charlie (our dead cat) so maybe you guys can see what Im seeing. I say IF its anything - I think its the cat. That was his hang out and even though I never expected to get a spirit let alone one of an animal - its what makes most sense to me.

We had one other set of videos from a while ago from my others sister bedroom - this was very cool. We had left it recording because thats when they first started complaining about weird stuff happening. Come to find there were a few videos of her lights turning on and off by themselves. The cameras pointing right at the light switch actually so that was pretty cool. Since then I think she might have had her computer worked on because of a virus but she MAY still have it. If I can find that one, itd just be nice to add to my collection I plan to start on here.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rafe_

Yup but still im liking this thread.
I watched the vids a few times now but so far i cannot fault it for much.There are 2 things though.In the first video there is a cut out and the image comes back with different lighting and more detail.And those white specs that keep popping up (not the ones that dimm slowly).It is almost a VHS effect but on a webcam,i dont get that unless the cam has some sort of fault.

finally something to see in the forum that does not seem fake or sounds amazingly preposterous right from the start.

Hey, glad to hear youre keeping an open mind about it. im not techie. I have an old HP laptop that got dropped down the stairs so the screen is cracked. At the time we used it as our cam for recording so we had our other laptop free for use. It IS indeed horrible and like I said above - I really didnt expect that if we got anything at all, wed have to search for it through grit and grain. (I was a hopeful - assuming itd be obvious.) The original vid has NO special treatment, just straight from my computer. The cropped and enhance version - you are right in that the very beginning is lighter and brighter for about 5 seconds compared to the rest of the vid. My boyfriend used Power Director to enhance it and that VERY beginning was so hard to see so he brightened that part. We plan on playing around with it some more. Read above - Im gonna add a side by side of ol' Charlie and a still we got. Im going with animal apparition. But loving all of your contributions.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rafe_
i was going to post something but ..No first i have a question for the Op

Which light source(s) were active in the room near or around the laptop outside of the window in the room?

edit on 21-1-2012 by Rafe_ because: (no reason given)

Hola! Okay so we had the computer in a sparsely furnished spare room at the end of our long hall - as you can see from the door on the right (the one to the hall - we didn't even turn that light on yet so none of the light in the room is coming from inside the house). From the start of the video its pretty dark then gets gradually brighter because it was about 5:50 something to 6:00 AM in that video so the sun was in fact rising. The door on the left is a closet door. The camera is sitting on a bed against the back wall in the center of the room. There is a window directly behind it with blinds, no curtains. Same with a window right in front of the closet door on the left wall. All that light was moon/sunlight. The specks and spots are a bad camera basically. But if you're seeing what I'm seeing, there's an independently moving mist like mass that brightens as the light in the room does and moves from the closet to the bed! Any more questions, just let me know.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join