It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Holes and the possibilities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Think if man could possibly conceave what truely occurs within a black hole and how to control it. Just been reading some stuff on Stephon Hawkins and got really fascinated. A pretty awesome thought as well as a very VERY scarey thought.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
well what do you Think goes on in a black hole?

If you cant post a theory about it.. whats the use of the topic?

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Stephen Hawking writes some very good stuff which is easily explainable to the dumbest of us in his writings. Black holes are fascinating however do you not have anything more to post on this topic.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Sorry about not getting indepth at the time. I didnt have time to write what I wanted, so I got it up in an attempt to get some thoughts from everyone else before tonight. I see from rereading what I had written, that it was quite unspecified.

But on what I was going to describe as to what I believe would pose scarey is as follows.

Think about a day when we finally understand such a magnificent occurance. The power of a black hole is at this time inconsievable. But if it were eventually discovered think of the frightening possibilities. With a mass equal to our sun occupying a mere 3 kilometers, if man could harness such power, Bombs would be a pointless afterthought. My thoughts are that if man were to really harness such a powerful energy source, by human nature, I believe that before it was used for good our so called leaders which I would like to believe are smarter than myself (emphasis on "would like to believe") would use this massive energy as a force to overthrow others which in turn would be a possible downfall of themselves as well.
Just my thoughts.

Resource cosmology.berkeley.edu...

[edit on 9/13/2004 by unknown_artist]

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
using black holes as a source of n.w.o... Now THATS a good theory

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
actually, that's an extremely SCARY theory. I've always been afraid of what would happen if some nutcase amatuer somehow made a black hole and couldn't contain it... then I try to think happy thoughts, like flowers, and fields, and... damn, there's that black hole sucking everything in! GRRR!!!

Seriously (actually I was serious, but...), read through some of Michio Kaku's stuff... especially if you liked Hawking. Since Hawking got your brain working, you should be able to comprehend some of Kaku's ideas:

www.mkaku.org...

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
By theory i meant his question
... but.. it just depends on your P.o.V.

top topics

join