It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six parallel lines across the sun this morning?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Brandon88

I know the difference bewteen contrails and chemtrails ....

You do? SO do I.

Contrails are real, and come in some different varieties, depending on the specific temperatures when they are formed, as well as the air's saturation levels and what winds are present, in terms of up/down drafts and/or wind shears. Contrails are essentially a form of cloud, a cirrus cloud to be precise. In fact, they are part of the same "family" of clouds considered to be "high", in the science of cloud identification and classification. The "genus" is cirrus, and just one sub-type of cirrus (of many others) is:

'Cirrus Aviaticus'

And, here is another source

So, that is just a brief description of contrails.....the difference between contrails and "chemtrails"??

Contrails are real.

"Chemtrails" don't exist.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus

Explain to me, oh wise science worshipers, how it is that one jet leaves a contrail which evaporates, and the others leave a bunch of crap in the sky which turns milky and coats the sky?

Sigh.....

Next you'll be asking how we know the world is round. It's not exactly a secret. We've know the reasons since long before you were born. All you need to do is ask. And listen. Or, maybe research yourself?

Anyway, this explains the basics:

www.airspacemag.com...

You could try the science section of your local library from some weather books for more info.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I invite anybody to come on down to where I live on a day when a weather front is expected to pass through.
[...]
I know what I have seen, and I know when I can expect those aircrappers because I watch the weather reports. Our weather is being manipulated, and God knows what else.

You see contrails ahead of a weather front for the same reason you see other clouds ahead of a weather front.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d053cdb78c11.jpg[/atsimg]

You can use contrails to predict the weather. They are just cirrus clouds, but they can form at lower humidities than natural cirrus, as the plane exhaust supplies a bit of extra water.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

This business about people saying that chemtrails are "make believe" really chaps my hide.

I invite anybody to come on down to where I live on a day when a weather front is expected to pass through.

Do you mean when conditions are perfect for persistent contrail formation? Because that is exactly what you are talking about. I can understand if you are an extremely paranoid person who needs to have a boogyman to blame. If that's the case, please ignore my post. Otherwise, I invite you to do a tiny bit of research into this phenomenon. It's not magic, or sorcery, it's science. The same stuff that proved the Earth was not the center of the Galaxy and that it was indeed round.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Thx for the pix, Brandon 88, and I've got to agree with you on your assessment. That's how I look at it too. I live in the southwest and the air is so dry it shrivels up your skin if you're not careful. It's so dry that I can't even remember the last time it rained except that it was months and months ago. And yet, where I live, EVERYDAY, according to the psuedo-science in this thread, is conducive to persistent contrails. Not buying. I think the NSA is writing the NASA science articles these days. Their moto seems to be - give them enough hard to understand jargon and they won't know if it's right or wrong.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
They are spraying trails that are not visible to the naked eye after a few minutes. The light of the sun makes them visible for a moment. The trail is invisible to our eyes but they are still there performing whatever function the globalists prefer whether it be aluminum spray or a greenhouse gas. People just pretend it is not real.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Spartan1776

They are spraying trails that are not visible to the naked eye after a few minutes. The light of the sun makes them visible for a moment. The trail is invisible to our eyes but they are still there performing whatever function the globalists prefer whether it be aluminum spray or a greenhouse gas. People just pretend it is not real.

Please tell me your not serious are you? I would suggest that you may want to post up some evidence to back this up, because chemtrails need to actually be proven to exist before making this type of comment. All we ask is for a little scientific evidence and then you may have something until then chemtrails do not exist.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

double post
edit on 20-1-2012 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

Originally posted by woogleuk
Given that chemtrails are make believe,

??
if they are make believe...then why are there patents?

So that people can get protection for their ideas - same reason there have always been patents.

As for contrails disappearing quick, and chemtails staying around - the guy who made "What in the World are they Spraying" says that isn't actually true - that contrails CAN hang around for ages, and that he can't actually tell the difference just by looking at them, and the only way of differentiating between contrails and chemtrails is by chemical analysis of the trails themselves.

AFAIK no-one has done that sort of testing have they?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spartan1776

That's nonsense - people are perfectly aware that aviation creates pollution - the IPCC so hated by anti-AGW sorts has several papers on exactly that topic - as a simple google search shows

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Its a different photo, so very likely different atmospheric conditions (and altitude) . If its colder, i would presume the contrails last longer. Obviously wind will have a big impact on how long they last.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mcsteve

It's not a different photo I promise, you can see the cloud cover beginning to form off to the left in the second one that is present in the first picture. You think it is cause one was taken threw the car window I was in a couple of feet away from where I took the second. Deny it or not Im telling you all the truth.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

OK, gotcha.

The two photos only differ because one was taken through a car windshield or window, and the other was snapped after exiting the car.

The second photo, showing clouds to the left of the frame, means that the first photo would be the continuation of the second photo, to its left, correct? A sort of mini-panorama of the sky, then?

OK.....in the second photo, the shorter and dissipating contrail is acting that way because the atmospheric conditions are different, there. Over to the "left" of that point (the 1st photo), the conditions not only can sustain the clouds, as they are there ---- those SAME conditions mean that the contrails are longer lasting as well.

I's that simple.

BTW....you said you were on your way to class. Does your school or university have a meteorology department?? If so, you could get corroboration of the science of contrails ( and the nonsense of "chemtrails") there, by someone who isn't an anonymous stranger on the Internet.........

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

Yes exactly right with the pictures, and yes they have a department good suggestion because I haven't even thought of that. I'll have to stop by there on monday and check it out, maybe I'll take a course on the subject.

And thank you for the explanation much appreciated.
edit on 21-1-2012 by Brandon88 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join