It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survivor: One World (starts Feb.15th)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I know most here claim to not be a fan of the show.
Which is interesting, given the Machiavellianism displayed on the show....

Still, the new season starts next month.
Judging by the pic of the cast, seems they are trying to get even more people who look like they should be on the cover of fitness magazines, vs. "normal" people, with the exception of the Little Person.

This time, the two tribes live on the same beach, so it may lead to less of the "which tribe has the numbers going into the merge" syndrome that has plagued recent seasons. Then again, may not.

At least it doesn't seem as if they are bringing back any former players, so that's a good thing.
edit on 15-2-2012 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I'll admit it. I am a fan! Although I haven't been real thrilled with the last few seasons. Your right about them bringing back former players, I don't like that part. I also agree that they seem to focus too much on the way people look.

I was actually fascinated with Rick last show, and wish they would have shown more about him. He seemed like a "real" guy.

It may be interesting with them all on the same beach. Lots of "secret" alliances and backstabbing.
edit on 20-1-2012 by chiefsmom because: afterthought

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I liked the first couple of seasons of the old survivor and then
it just got boring for some reason. I will give this one a try in
hopes it is better than the last one. The people look like
models and athletes but I suppose those are the type of
people that sign up. Thanks for letting us know OP.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
These "reality" shows help TPTB distract the sheeple from important issues. Why do you waste time watching these stupid shows? In the interest of full disclosure, I watched the first few episodes of the first season. I was very disappointed. I think they should give you your bob and put you in the wild. Whoever lives the longest wins and gets the million bucks. That would be an interesting and educational show.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

The social game is the most important part of it. The trick is to not only be the last one standing, but then to get the same people you voted off, to vote for YOU for the million, over whoever else is left.

As for distraction...I work a long day, and spend all day using brainpower to resolve issues, etc. This kind of fluff entertainment is perfect at the end of the day.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
New season starts tonight on CBS.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Cripes, I almost forgot, thanks for the reminder! I usually read the bio's before the show starts but I haven't this season.
For some reason, just from the commercials, I like tarzan, and can't stand troyzan!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
So, are they intentionally spinning the show to make the guys look like complete jerks, or do you really think they are? Man, if they really are that bad, they are going to have a problem when the merge comes.

I'm still wanting Troyzan gone!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Possibly. Personally, I would have traded the fire for the chicken, but that's me.

As for the challenge, can't blame them there. Your whole goal is to NOT go to Tribal, and you achieve it? You stop!

I hope the women were smart enough to weave a top roof for themselves also! If anything, they seem to be portraying the women as pretty unintelligent. Granted, some are that dumb (like the one who didn't know what ambiance meant), but still.

Whether or not the weird chick was injured, she was going to be the vote off anyhow. The gay guy is just annoying though. I'm sure he'll go soon, but having the idol will save him at least once.

Kudos to the guy creating the fire from scratch. FINALLY, somebody obviously researched and practiced this before going on the show! Never could get that...why more don't.

Thank goodness, no redemption island, no returning cast members, just good old-fashioned nobody Survivor.

Also, one of the players "Monica" is Brad Culpepper's wife (former Tampa Bay Buccaneer, now a lawyer)....so she certainly doesn't need the money. Brad was one of the high-priced NFL players too, so they are swimming in it. (this is my local area...can't go a day without seeing her hubby's commercials).
edit on 16-2-2012 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I would take the fire but they can keep the flame...know what I mean. Its pushing my social tolerance.

speaking of chickens why not leave them alone. egg value, insect extermination.Somebody wasn't thinking things through.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Wow. Just Wow.
At this point, I am just about done rooting for the women. They all talked about how embarrassing it is? Then they vote off Nikki instead of Kat. I'm sure there is more going on behind the scenes, but shouldn't the main goal right now, since your getting your butt's handed to you, be becoming a strong team?
At this point, they don't even seem to have common sense.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

The five are sticking together, that's what that was...regardless of it not being made up of the best 5.

Kat's an idiot, and no doubt, cost them completely that challenge. I mean, she's a Pharmaceutical Rep, pretty much the go-to post-cheerleader job. Monica seems to be the only bright one in the bunch, but if the others find out she's the wife of an ex-NFL player (who is now a lawyer), they certainly won't want her around.

My bet is that soon, they will reshuffle, and not have it a guys vs gals anymore, just as they've done with similar ideas in the past. That's when the girls will really regret sticking with the 5 (once it's broken up), and the guys will regret being such a-holes around the gals. If that happens, the best position shifts to the gay guy, as much as I can't stand him. Of course, his desire to be one of the girls, and his drama queen antics, will force him to use that idol the first time he's in tribal.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

That is another thing I did not understand. "Now he is like the king"
Hello, no he is not, make him use the stupid thing when you do go to tribal and then he is right back to nothing.

Again, common sense.
(Yes, I do realize that this is something that very few who have played this game display much of!
)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

True, assuming they aren't shaken up though.
However, in recent Survivor history, whenever one tribe is running away with it, the producers tend to do a shakeup, where they basically remake the two tribes. I bet this will happen either next episode, or the one after.

So, in THAT scenario, he's sitting pretty with an immunity idol. However, with the idol being tribe specific, what happens if he's switched to the other tribe?

Yeah though, once someone gives it up they have the immunity idol, it's time to throw enough votes their way to force them to USE it. (especially when it's someone who is failing to bond with others). This guy is the stereotypical "I'm so great" flamer type that others really hate.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Ok, so what is wrong with the men? I cannot believe they went to tribal, just because Colton is a spoiled 5 year old. And a racist ass.
I seriously hope they continue their loosing streak. I believe that is what happens when a team does something that stupid.

Alicia drives my crazy, I hope she goes soon.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I haven't seen the last episode yet (I'll have to see it on demand).

Sounds interesting though.

top topics

join