It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Threads lately .

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Is it just me noticing it or are there more and more anger issues with topics that are drawing out some deep hatred from each other here ?

Is it a specific topic that brings out the nasty in people or have they all gone wacko ? Not that my opinion has any weight to it but some of it seems deliberate to push peoples buttons . No wonder flushing it all could do more good than bad .

Is it the season or does it happen all year round ? ( question for the long timers here )

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by watchdog8110

There are some very heated topics happening now, that are polarizing in nature.

Iran is basically pro or con on military action, no real middle ground.

GOP debates, at the moment four different people to support, no middle ground.

But you are correct about hostile threads, I sometimes miss the Fema Camp, Coffin threads, they were fun, not stressful.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Just wait until November.

It'll be a blood-bath then.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

I Think the Main Reason for that coming from some U.S. Posters here is the Dismal State of our Economy and the prospects of it Not getting Any Better in the Forseeable Future . There is alot of Hostility being brought out by People who are Barely Managing to Pay their Bills and having less Disposable Income to Socialize and Shop for the Basic Necessities . They are Mad , and just Need Someone or Something to Vent it from their Minds . Obama's Hope And Change Idealogy kinda is the Main cause of it if I were to Hazard to guess........

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

And ironically the US and US citizens are still the richest nation on Earth. Half the population of the planet lives on less than US$2 per day and one third less than US$1 per day.

The seeds of the current US situation were sewn long before Obama. It's not his or Dubya's doing....

The US economy has been artificially protected by progressive governments for well over 100 years.

It's only just now becoming unstainable, hence the US sovereign debt problem.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I can relate to the ripple effect of tensions from one country to another with families being torn apart from within when a family member is dying . Placing blame that someone has not done enough , they themselves became detached of what was necessary .

Quick fixes sure do minimal good , but for the long term health of our global family it needs some serious medical attention . Not the kind that keeps everyone in a haze with rose colored glasses .

Have we regressed to the point of going through puberty again and all the struggles that were endured then ?
edit on 20-1-2012 by watchdog8110 because: (no reason given)

TEENAGED ANGST

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
You know, I don't know if its just me, but in general I have noticed people around me being on a hair trigger, not necessarily anger, just a sort of on edge emotionally, friends, coworkers, family, customers etc...

Hard times I guess, it wears on people.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
You know, I don't know if its just me, but in general I have noticed people around me being on a hair trigger, not necessarily anger, just a sort of on edge emotionally, friends, coworkers, family, customers etc...

Hard times I guess, it wears on people.

Nervous breakdowns are sure to be on the rise . People going postal again , I hope not .

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I also would postulate that the increase in negative vibes(thats my perception anyway) is partly due to the site becoming more mainstream(blasphemous I know), with increased traffic and visibility comes more trolls and idiots looking to get some attention. I could be looking through rose colored glasses, but when I joined back in 08 it seemed waaaaay more civil around here.

But that's just me.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
there was hard times and anger in 2007 too.

nothing much has changed.

Write a happy thread... see what happens. Bet you it just falls off the front page and into oblivion...why? cos this way of releasing frustration is harmless and is not actually hurting anyone. People need to vent and the internet and various forums are a way of doing that.

Maybe your feeling angry and those threads are being noticed by you because you need to rant on a bit, for a while instead of taking your anger out on people who are in your face?

People want to argue and this is a great outlet... they prolly can't say really what they would like to in real life so come on here and be nasty and argumentative.
edit on 20/1/2012 by Thurisaz because: bla bla

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
As the world's population grows it only adds love
and hate and statistics grow even higher.

it's nothing new friend.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I was going to author a thread on this also.

As an American, I feel that if you have ANY stance that is anywhere near supporting America,you get labeled a "warmonger,or peacehater".

The Labels are ridiculous.

I see Americans hating Americans.
I see the world hating Americans.

I see those claiming that they love their country,and then say:

I wonder if the USA has the balls to attack a country that is a nuclear power, and not some third world farming country.........

I see those using words like JEWSA.

I see outright revisionist history.

japan wanted to surrender the terms of the surrender where in dispute. The fact that japan want to is not...

When in reality..............

The "broad terms" are never defined. In fact, they did not exist. Japanese approaches to the Soviet Union began in mid-July with what Truman in his diary called a "telegram from [the] Jap Emperor asking for peace." Alperovitz and other atomic revisionists have attached great importance to this communication, which did have Emperor Hirohito's personal interest. Yet Alperovitz's own summary and quotation shows that it contained no more than the emperor's hope that in order to end suffering the war might "be quickly terminated." It then went on to express Japan's resolve "to fight on with all its strength" so long as the United States and Great Britain insisted on unconditional surrender. It concluded by asking the Soviet Union to receive Prince Fumimaro Konoye as a special envoy. Because the Japanese neither presented an agenda nor specified any basis for discussion, both Washington and Moscow dismissed the proposal as meaningless and perhaps a stalling tactic to prevent Soviet intervention.

I see it the threads............daily.

Deny Ignorance Indeed.

edit on 20-1-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Not like we all have to be la la la prancing through the forest without a care in the world . The movie the Breakfast Club comes to mind with what is going on .

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
people are becoming more and more desperate, pretty much everyones blown through there savings now with the economic troubles, a lot probably even the majority of people on this site have made plans to deal with one disaster or another they are so worried.

Its psychologically tiring to constantly be worrying about all these things going on in the world especially as they get worse and worse.

Also everyone has opinions and since the stake keep getting higher and higher people are getting more and more desperate to get their points across.

Look back 10 years ago things were bad but compared to now, things in 02 were a lot better no economic collapse, no detention of American citizens without trial, no attacks by America on the Internet, no arab spring, no riots in greece etc...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
More analysts to look over the same tired old issues that never got fixed . How to recycle the same thing time and time again . Depressing for sure , when leaders turn out to be like parents not knowing how to raise the kids they brought into the world . There is no manual yet knowing when you messed up should be an easy fix if they took the steps to do before it got out of hand .

Procrastinating ?

No matter who wins the election , they are basically adopting a very troubled child that has been abused .

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Can't we all just focus on the upcoming "World War 5" thread????

After all, what are we going to do after "3" and "4"????

I'm also looking forward to "2012 what happened" thread, and the obvious, " UFO's finally arrive, but ship's made of ice cream, and melt" thread....

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by freetree64
Can't we all just focus on the upcoming "World War 5" thread????

After all, what are we going to do after "3" and "4"????

I'm also looking forward to "2012 what happened" thread, and the obvious, " UFO's finally arrive, but ship's made of ice cream, and melt" thread....

If they do arrive on mass , they are a day late and a dollar short .

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by monkofmimir

Its psychologically tiring to constantly be worrying about all these things going on in the world especially as they get worse and worse.

Also everyone has opinions and since the stake keep getting higher and higher people are getting more and more desperate to get their points across.

Well said. There is a lot going on now and whether you believe in it or not the whole 2012 thing is ramping up the hysteria. Plus it seems to me that opinions are getting crazier and crazier. But also I am on another (well known) forum where it is 'no holds barred'. Rudeness is pretty rampant on there. Maybe it's just me but I sometimes find it difficult to make the switch!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchdog8110
Is it just me noticing it or are there more and more anger issues with topics that are drawing out some deep hatred from each other here ?

I do on some but not all or most. Most of the time by people who can't force their views on others. So, they resort to name calling. All this does is make them look bad and make the other person upset.

But doesn't win any Arguments.

Is it a specific topic that brings out the nasty in people or have they all gone wacko ?

If IMO somebody feels passionate enough about a certain topic and meets resistance or feels their paradigm is threatened they will often lash out with name calling etc

We see this often in the 9/11, Middle East forums etc.

Not that my opinion has any weight to it but some of it seems deliberate to push peoples buttons . No wonder flushing it all could do more good than bad

I've seen people carry anger from one thread, topic and or forum into another completely separate topic and go ballistic on an unsuspecting member who had nothing to do with the cause of their anger.

Is it the season or does it happen all year round ? ( question for the long timers here )

It is cyclic IMO for some forums "Politics" for example.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
The world will grow weary, and love will decrease, as was foretold, no matter which believe you follow...

We are headed in the right direction, although to some it may seem.... the wrong one...

All must end, for a beginning to take place...

For a story cannot begin, if one is already being told.... No?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join