It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Issue with the Chat Room

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Well the issue is simple.... how come nobody ever joins the chat room? It's a perfect place to exchange ideas about threads that may have been overlooked due to threads pushing them down the list and makes it easily missed. Also a good place just to talk instead of constant posting off topic which isn't allowed n/e ways. Jus sayin, Chat Room is under appreciated. F+S if you're pro chat room!
edit on 19-1-2012 by ZeroUnlmtd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
There's a chat room???

I used to like irc chat rooms, they were uber popular 15 odd years ago. Not sure what happened, although I'm sure they are still grooving along.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I haven't made 200 posts yet but I'll be jumping in there as soon as I have. S&F

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Well, I have a net book... and use Mozilla.. so my issues are: it doesn't work so well with Mozilla, and my net book i not big enough to display the entire screen.

So I can see the chat, but can't write anything (the thing to chat is at the bottom-- can't see it-can't scroll down).. so its not worth being at a chat room I cannot chat at.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

scroll up, you'll see ^Chat next to Search

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroUnlmtd

Well I just attempted it, it did not work out. I agree it could be very nice. However... I think too many people go thier specifically to abuse it.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroUnlmtd
reply to post by Qumulys

scroll up, you'll see ^Chat next to Search

WAIT!!!

THERE'S A "SEARCH" AS WELL????

;-)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
i think theres a conspiracy with the chat, making us use lesser browsers to get it to work so they can have a back door into our computers.

that and i need more posts

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Took a new look at it. Which reminded me I had tried it once a while back. All I get is java-plugin not installed. even though I have java installed already. (On Chrome browser)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
This is what I get when I try to enter chat...So that may be why no one goes there.

Server closed.
Chat is temporarily close due to reports of abuse.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by lightmere

This is what I get when I try to enter chat...So that may be why no one goes there.

Server closed.
Chat is temporarily close due to reports of abuse.

I get the same message when I click on "Chat Voyeur" at the bottom of the page, is that what you're clicking on?

Instead try the Chat button at the top of the page to the right if 'tools'. That should get you in - It should do anyway.

...Or just click this.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I tried the link but then it says I need 150 post to join chat. I am still a Voyeur. So I guess I will have to get my post count up before I can join any conversations.
Thanks for your help

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I can't get in. I have installed Java 3 times, and it just won't work I guess. I have decided I don't need to be in chat after all.
If they wanted us in there, they would make it easier.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by lightmere

Ahh, that'll be another reason why you can't get in then, lol.

Anyway, trust me you should post to some of those thread's listed in the above post by 'Casandra' there. You can really get your post count up quickly that way.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Update. I uninstalled IE9, re-installed Java, and a different browser and I was able to get into chat, but only one other person was in there.

top topics

join