It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman fired for supporting Kerry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Moulton woman says she lost job for sporting Kerry sticker on car

By Clyde L. Stancil
DAILY Staff Writer
[email protected] � 340-2443

MOULTON � Lynne Gobbell never imagined the cost of a John Kerry-John Edwards bumper sticker could run so high.

Lynne Gobbell said her boss fired her last week because of the Kerry-Edwards campaign sticker on the back of her car.
DAILY Photo by Clyde Stancil
Lynne Gobbell said her boss fired her last week because of the Kerry-Edwards campaign sticker on the back of her car.
Gobbell of Moulton didn't pay a cent for the sticker that she proudly displays on the rear windshield of her Chevrolet Lumina, but said it cost her job at a local factory after it angered her boss, Phil Gaddis.

Gaddis, a Decatur bankruptcy attorney, owns Enviromate, a cellulose insulation company in Moulton.

Gaddis did not return phone calls from THE DAILY about the alleged Thursday firing.
Decatur Daily

I think Drudge is reporting this as: "JOHN KERRY RESPONISIBLE FOR JOB LOSS"

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme

Ah ha ha, aint that the truth. I expect duplicate posts here with that title any minute now.

That owner is a tool. Especially considering he puts GW04 flyers in everyone's checks, but she can't have a bumper sticker on her own car. This is what it's come to people.

The "right to employment" free economy dream. You can fire people for anything... not supporting your candidate, being the wrong color, wanting to join a union, having a bad haircut.

But conservatives say "it all works out" ... uh huh, sure does for someone.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Originally posted by curme

Ah ha ha, aint that the truth. I expect duplicate posts here with that title any minute now.

Here's the Mudpit version: Employer of the Year!!!

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Fabulous! I have no doubts whatsoever that she can get a pretty good shark to take her case and soak this moron. Bonehead.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Here's the Mudpit version: Employer of the Year!!!

Noooooo, Republicans have a "Big Tent" and everyone is included. It amazes how these guys are the very best "ANTI" ad against themselves, everytime they open their mouths! Great post SIRR1 !

Young Republicans: Mice on the internship program to becoming rats........

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
And of course, this story is 100% factual..the woman just couldn't be lying, now could she? Only one side of the story, but hey, that doesn't matter, does it?

Disgusting....

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
This really doesnt suprise me at all, and its part of the reason I dont put any political stickers on my car; because as sure as crap stinks someone would key my car or knife the tires. People say theres no risk of civil war in the US, but it sure does seem pretty heated between the suppoerts of the Big Two. I wonder how many relationships have suffered because of the highly polarized political climate?

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Affirmative Reaction
And of course, this story is 100% factual..the woman just couldn't be lying, now could she? Only one side of the story, but hey, that doesn't matter, does it?

Disgusting....

The employer denied comment to the newspaper. Reading makes a country great you know? I saw that somewhere.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Disgusting....

The employer denied comment to the newspaper. Reading makes a country great you know? I saw that somewhere.

Exactly. Unless the boss decides to comment I'll have to take the woman's word that she is telling the truth.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
this year we have people who will actually fire others or divorce them or beat them up for not voting the way they want...
when in actuallity... neither one of them is worth pi$$ing on if they were on fire...

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Disgusting....

Ever heard the phrase "innocent until proven guilty"? Mrmulder is correct, the boss declined an interview and until he does only her version can be considered valid. I wouldn't be at all surprised if something like this happened here, and will probably happen somewhere else before the election. I'm not saying that she is telling the truth, but until proven guilty her story should be considered the truth.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Double post...whoops! Delete this if needed!

[edit on 13-9-2004 by Jazzerman]

new topics

top topics

join