It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Sounds Conklin, Alberta 12/2012 DEBUNKED - Hoaxed

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Good work buddy. Ill admit I was releasing the brown trout in my pants when I first saw these videos. Your argument is sound and your evidence supports it. Although I am leaning towards hoax and viral marketing I am still going to wear my tin foil hat until we get word. lol

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Amazing.

You can show all the evidence in the world that this video was hoaxed, and some lemmings will refuse to believe it.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

Zeeon, I find you're post intriguing and I have to say that I'm also in the tech industry and have 12 years experience with digital audio.

I really wished that you would have provided equal scales in regards to time. This is HUGELY important. You're first picture is most definitely to scale, however I would like to see the second pic/sample scaled equally as well. What's curious are the waveforms that seem "cut" or left out between the two yet leaving a steady stream of noise. This suggests that it may noy be a simple copy or cut and past job.However this can can be done by finding the zero cross and perhaps copying the background noise from some point else where in the audio.

I'm curious because it seems like the audio clips that you have sampled seems to be related to the second picture. Its that correct? If not please correct me.

What I am seeing in the first picture is proof that the sound does/may have a correlation in regards to time but not amplitude and also not pitch (a separate picture of the Hz at certain times would be most welcome) also there are peaks missing in the Kiev audio that are not present in the Conklin audio
and Vice Versa.

If indeed a filter was used can you replicate it besides comparing just the two videos? I of course would use the Kiev audio to try to recreate this as from what little audio I've heard in your samples between the two the Kiev audio seems to have a higher bitrate (and therefore resolution). I would expect that if this were a hoax that it would not be difficult to change these parameters to match the Conklin video.

Also could you make the audio clips longer and possibly do a third clip that overlays the two?

I'm not trying to be a d**k and I do know that filters could definitely alter the time, amplitude, and pitch but I am truly curious.

This doesn't look as clean to me as others may see it. Especially with the small amplitude peaks occurring at different times between the two clips as you've shown in the first picture.

Peace,

-AS-

ETA If you don't wish to do all that work could you please just add the spectrum's of the samples you took and include the pitch, time, and amplitude?
edit on 19-1-2012 by AeonStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I think I might have a probable source of the noise from these 'strange sounds' videos.

Here is a site with a recording of sounds found on Saturn, they are eerily similar.
motherboard.vice.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by StockdUp

I am still going to wear my tin foil hat until we get word. lol

As one should

ALS

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
GREAT job. I was able to tell that they were fake due to the monkey/bird in the background sounding off at identical times.

Yet this proves it beyond a shadow of a doubt that some (SOME) are fake.

Thank you very much for taking the effort to do this. You may be the only one, so pat yourself on the back.

I've bookmarked this thread and am looking forward to seeing more from you.

S+F

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Did you see that video at all OP?

www.youtube.com...

I'm sure some of the videos are fake as it can be easily made: go outside, wave the camera a bit, add sound to it but there has been real reports..

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AeonStorm
reply to post by zeeon

Zeeon, I find you're post intriguing and I have to say that I'm also in the tech industry and have 12 years experience with digital audio.

I really wished that you would have provided equal scales in regards to time. This is HUGELY important. You're first picture is most definitely to scale, however I would like to see the second pic/sample scaled equally as well. What's curious are the waveforms that seem "cut" or left out between the two yet leaving a steady stream of noise. This suggests that it may noy be a simple copy or cut and past job.However this can can be done by finding the zero cross and perhaps copying the background noise from some point else where in the audio.

I'm curious because it seems like the audio clips that you have sampled seems to be related to the second picture. Its that correct? If not please correct me.

What I am seeing in the first picture is proof that the sound does/may have a correlation in regards to time but not amplitude and also not pitch (a separate picture of the Hz at certain times would be most welcome) also there are peaks missing in the Kiev audio that are not present in the Conklin audio
and Vice Versa.

If indeed a filter was used can you replicate it besides comparing just the two videos? I of course would use the Kiev audio to try to recreate this as from what little audio I've heard in your samples between the two the Kiev audio seems to have a higher bitrate (and therefore resolution). I would expect that if this were a hoax that it would not be difficult to change these parameters to match the Conklin video.

Also could you make the audio clips longer and possibly do a third clip that overlays the two?

I'm not trying to be a d**k and I do know that filters could definitely alter the time, amplitude, and pitch but I am truly curious.

This doesn't look as clean to me as others may see it. Especially with the small amplitude peaks occurring at different times between the two clips as you've shown in the first picture.

Peace,

-AS-

ETA If you don't wish to do all that work could you please just add the spectrum's of the samples you took and include the pitch, time, and amplitude?
edit on 19-1-2012 by AeonStorm because: (no reason given)

I can answer a few of those questions. Yes, you are astute in noticing that the Conklin audio's amplitutde looks higher - because it is. I had to increase the amplitude of the recording because it was so poor, and had tremendous background noise.

Also, you are correct in noticing that the bit rates for each audio stream are different. With the source material basically ripped from youtube, I am limited by the what is uploaded. Unless I can get my hands on original source material, I would suspect that the bitrate is going to remain different.

I can indeed overlay the two. As a matter of fact, when I isolated the background noise, I played them together in sync to see if I could detect any audible differences in the clip. I could provide that.

Keep in mind that the waveforms just aren't going to look the same 100%. Unless you have the source recording and you record it in an isolated sound studio the amplitude is going to be different.
The spectral anaylsis below the waveform in each picture is to me, telling in of itself. You can see the the various background noises of higher frequency (I believe the brighter the color the higher the frequency) matches, for the most part, in both clips. They look like unique stridations in the spectra, and almost form a signature. You can even tell they look a bit diminished in the conklin audio which is indicitive of an overdub.

I'm at work right now, and I'll have to do it when I get home....assuming that I can avoid wife aggro

edit on 19-1-2012 by zeeon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I too appreciate the attention placed into some of these clips zeeon, as more and more people take notice of this phenomenon there are bound to be idiots that duplicate it and force others to start questioning their authenticity like in this case here.

I've no doubt that for the most part these experiences are real, not hoaxed, not of mundane origin and remain unexplained. The Florida rumbling in Mar 2011 is a good example of the real deal, as are some of the others from mid to late 2011. Recently it appears that the majority of Costa Rica experienced something as well, so we could expect a lot of people from there to pull our string as well as Canada, as time goes on and more people pick up on these events and get an itchy urge to hoax us.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I'm not saying any of the audios are hoaxed or not although I'm sure many of them are. Call me crazy, I can't see one identical feature in any of your comparison audio "samples". I'm not an expert and that's why I'm depending on you to show me. When someone says identical, I expect to see "identical". I don't see the same size or field or magnification. Going on your visuals alone, doesn't work for me. Sorry.
edit on 19-1-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

ALS I know you said that you were going to e-mail the makers of Mass Effect, have you any word back?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

That has to be one of the most piss-poor puff pieces I have looked at in awhile. Audio tech?!...I think not Bob.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I guess this is the one and only time Conklin alberta will be in the news..exept for snow-mobile accidents and propane trailer fires..

Poor Conklin..been there once...thankfully

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I know this is fake because my girlfriend knows the people who made the video. It is just oil rig noises.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I agree with everything you said. Its cool you took the time to do this work. I admire than and I'm sure others do as well. Much respect and love to you friend!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nuchimic
I know this is fake because my girlfriend knows the people who made the video. It is just oil rig noises.

Well ok, if you say so. I believe you

Does this mean the Conklin, Alberta sound threads are in the "Hoax" section ?
I'm asking because your title says "DEBUNKED - Hoaxed" ...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Nice job, I'm sure that wasn't an easy process. I just posted yesterday and mentioned the Kiev video since I believe that one is the closest match to what I have been hearing. Unfortunately there are always brain damaged people who dilute the waters with nonsense and take credibility away from what could be a very real occurrence.
I noticed there were slight differences in the wave patterns (if that's the correct term) between the videos that may be the result of poor quality transfer as you indicated. What are the odds of this sound being a loop that repeats but sounds different in different areas because of terrain, buildings, etc?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatientZer0
reply to post by zeeon

That has to be one of the most piss-poor puff pieces I have looked at in awhile. Audio tech?!...I think not Bob.

Hey now, no need to go that far. Why you need to do that and insult the guy? :shk: That does not breed the kind of collaboration we need around here to solve a problem such as this. I for one very much appreciate his efforts, because hey, at least the guy is trying. And I think you know what I could say next, but I won't. I am not going to insult you too. I am just going to ask you not to insult the guy for Pete's sakes.

Not to sound like an a-hole, but I have a very long time editing professional digital audio, since about 93 or so. I could go on and on, but no need. Not here to impress. Here to collaborate and figure this out. I apologize my response to OP was short without much explanation. But it did make the point it needed to. As with seismology/volcanology these days, spectrum analysis provides a whole lot more data, especially for comparison's sakes.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

Nice work,thank you for your time...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I appreciate the negative comments. I really do. I took my own time to use the tools I have available to show another analysis of a very popular video. If you think it's poor, your entitled to your opinion, but don't come here and slam me when you haven't done anything. You got mad skills? Then take it upon yourself to contribute to the community and help us all out.

Furthermore, trying to explain electronics, digital audio, wave theory and the plethora of other knowledge required to understand and analyze the audio is next to impossible in a thread like this. It takes years of training and schooling to have a remote idea of what to look for and utilize the tools to do so. I appreciate those of you in this thread that have similar experience and knowledge contributing to the conversation. I am a professional electronics technician, not audio technician. I made that clear in the OP.

Despite the negative comments, I really enjoyed doing the work, and I will continue to do so, and hopefully improve on my work. Unfortunately, I don't have all day to spend doing things like this, I have a career, family and other responsibilities to attend to in daily life as well.

Tonight the Debates on, so I'll be watching that - but tomorrow and this weekend I intend to do a digital analysis of the Kiev and Mexico audio sources documenting any patterns or anything unusual in either streams - and a comparison between the two.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join