It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Sounds Conklin, Alberta 12/2012 DEBUNKED - Hoaxed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by zeeon

Thank you. I'll be watching your posts from now on. I've been lurking on this one waiting for something like this to surface. Good job.

Thanks very much for the compliment!
I really appreciate it!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Well I tried it again so we'll see if there's anything different.

Mass Effect Space Ship
i.imgur.com...
"Groaning" Sound
i.imgur.com...
Almost the exact same thing both times. Well I still don't know if I'm doing it right.

Oh and really good thread zeeon. I'll be watching as well.
edit on 19-1-2012 by Diseased because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diseased
Well I tried it again so we'll see if there's anything different.

Mass Effect Space Ship
i.imgur.com...
"Groaning" Sound
i.imgur.com...
Almost the exact same thing both times. Well I still don't know if I'm doing it right.

Oh and really good thread zeeon. I'll be watching as well.
edit on 19-1-2012 by Diseased because: (no reason given)

It's getting late here, and I have to be up early tomorrow but I will be happy to a look at what your comparing. I just need the two source audio files that you want me to compare and I'll do it after work. It takes about four to five hours to do a decent analysis. Thanks for the compliment as well!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

Hi zeeon,

Based on what you have presented I am pretty sure we can send this one to the hoax pile as well. The 'trumpet blasts' at the beginning are almost identical to Kiev as far as I can tell. Thank you for helping us begin to dismantle this.

What do you think of this one?

Thanks again.
edit on 19-1-2012 by Frater210 because:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Hi zeeon

Here are the audio files I was trying to analyze, www....(nolink)/?l6zz14lwg393dza, sorry its a zip in a download. In the mass effect one the space ship is heard around the 6:50 mark. The other audio is of Kiev I just exported both to mp3 if that helps at all. Tried sending you a private message but guess that's only for staff...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

Hi! I will take a look at these too soon. I was wanting to do a audio analysis of the Kiev audio, and point out some characteristics of the audio / sound that we could use to identify other legit or fake videos.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Those waveforms are NOT the same. And if you're going to get serious about analysis, frequency content, in addition to waveforms, is a must. And I am talking spectrum analysis. I'll be waiting.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

Having a very similar background as you Zeeon...on the subject of the hoax videos...I agree totally with your findings. I will fire up the studio gear and check this out myself. But I think you hit the nail on the head about the hoaxer taking the audio from the Kiev vid. Now what I want to understand is...what were they hearing in the Kiev vid original?
I will probably get flamed for this statement, but I have heard/experienced the noises/feelings myself...sadly no near enough to my recording gear to get a sound cap, but I have had the experience. And let me just say, by experience I mean just that....a few vids represent the sound, but so far nothing has come close to what it actually is we are experiencing. I am kind of on the line whether our recording media can truly capture is with any validity.
Just my 2 cents worth.
Thanks for the research zeeon....good find and well presented.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I can see this being on the next season of fact or faked

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

No the waveforms wouldn't be identical 100% in the wave image. Due to how the audio was re-recorded, what sample rate and how it was reproduced with the new audio background in the second (hoax) vid. They won't look totally alike, but their structure will have similarity and length. It's a good start on zeeeon's part.
I too would like to see the spec analysis graph...I will try and plug mine in and take a look. Would really be nice to have the original audio on all these and not the compressed distorted youtube variety...but...we will work with what we have.

But on the actually noise itself. Let's talk more and throw ideas around when more people have had a go at it. It will leave you scratching your head for sure. In this day and age...personal experience is still the only true way to know...unless of course the sound is being beamed direct to your grey matter...but that is a whole new thread, topic and forum subject there

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Strange sounds in Conklin HOAX'd....

People are bored and stupid it seems.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The sound waves are from mass effect 3. This is all a viral marketing campaign from the video games company Bioware:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

ALS

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
They look pretty different to me

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
The sound waves are from mass effect 3. This is all a viral marketing campaign from the video games company Bioware:

ALS

I play the Mass Effect games, there is no way they are the same sounds, quite the stretch of the imagination. Why is everything a viral marketing campaign lately? It's the new fad for conspiracies it seems.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
great thread zeeon! awesome job analyzing that, I kept thinking someone surely would do that sooner or later, and I do not have the technology...

It's not very scientific but the only 'sounds' clip my pet parrots have reacted to is the one from mexico. I've listened to all of them I think and the mexico one multiple times (for my parrot test), and every time my parrots react to that one with warning sounds, yet ignore the others.
not very scientific at all, but interesting none the less.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Thanks man.
one fake exposed, now to expose the others.
s+f

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

All I have to say is.....YEAH BUDDAY!!!
Love the compare & contrasting of your thread. I for one stand behind you that it is a hoax. Just like UFOs these days, some are hoaxed. Way to debunk this with your software. Keep up the good work!
*S&F*

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
OP, MOST excellent work my friend. I can't tell you how comforting it is to know that we have at least one audio expert on ATS who can help us debunk what is being faked in re: The Sound. (Dun Dun Dunnnnn)
I'm pretty sure that there is something being heard in various places around the world, and like UFO footage I suppose it was only a matter of time before hoaxers start to come out of the woodwork.

One main reason I say that I believe these sounds are real is because I heard something very weird myself last week and the noise was even accompanied by lights in the sky.

Here is the thread discussing it: Strange Roaring Noise In Northern Michigan - Light Show Too! Most people are thinking that the lights are military flares; the only problem with that theory is that I live nowhere near any active military installations.

The sound is what first attracted my attention anyway. It lasted for about ten minutes, but by the time I was able to grab my camera and get outside it was already starting to fade and I only caught the last minute or so of it. I was hoping that you could analyze the sound in my video, perhaps enhancing it, so that we can get a better idea of what it is. If it is a jet engine on afterburner (which is what it sounded like to me, except the source of the sound was steady and unmoving) then surely there is a waveform on record to which we can compare it.

I make no claims about this video other than I do not know the source of the sound OR the lights. Theories have been put forward, but I'm hoping that a little scientific investigation might just answer the question: "Wut the hell was dat ting?"

I uploaded the video to Youtube directly from the camera; I didn't even de-interlace it or add titles. If it would help, I can make arrangements to upload the original file to Megaupload (It's a 180MB MPEG2 file) so that you can work with the pristine file as it was before even Youtube got hold of it.

Thanks.

edit on 1/19/2012 by OldCorp because: Added, "Dun Dun Dunnnn" LOL

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I do not see the wave forms matching up at all. What are you looking at?

Can you layer one waveform on top of the other in an image editing program so we can see them match up perfectly?
edit on 1-19-2012 by groingrinder because: Edited for clarity.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL

ALS

I play the Mass Effect games, there is no way they are the same sounds, quite the stretch of the imagination. Why is everything a viral marketing campaign lately? It's the new fad for conspiracies it seems.

Really?

Also if you go to my thread you will see that many of the locations that these 'hornlike' sounds are captured. Actually have Bioware studios in them.

ALS

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join