It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help please.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I'm trying to post a thread for the first time, my thread was removed because of a url problem??? I'm lost, i tried to put a video from youtube on here. any advice is appreciated, thank you.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SaMgLo87

The only person that can help you with why a thread was removed are members of Staff. You can U2U/PM them, you can hit the complaint button after clicking on Tools in the top toolbar or...well, 2 isn't bad to start with. Hope it helps.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

when you go to youtube and click on 'share' you get something that says http:// you.tube /blahcxoifadoi

In your post, where you got the button for Link, quote, image and such, theres the button for VID Youtube.
Click that.

the only thing you put in there is the blahcxoifadoi

click OK and your video will be embedded in your post.

Make sure to read the rules about posting videos regarding descriptions, and letting us know all the who what where when and why of your posting.

I also strongly recommend using the SEARCH feature BEFORE you post ANYTHING.
Quite often, 10 other people have already tried to post what you are trying to post, and well, we can't have all that nonsense now can we?

edit on 18-1-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

thank you i appreciate the help. if you don't mind ( i really dont want to be a bother) can you tell me if there is a way to post a thread from the main page? Only way i can find to do it is to go to a thread and click "post new thread" rather than "reply to post" or "quote" .....this site is so confusing haha.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaMgLo87
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

thank you i appreciate the help. if you don't mind ( i really dont want to be a bother) can you tell me if there is a way to post a thread from the main page? Only way i can find to do it is to go to a thread and click "post new thread" rather than "reply to post" or "quote" .....this site is so confusing haha.

No. You actually have to be in the section where you want to post. For example, if you want to post on UFOs, then you click on that forum, where at the top it will say "New Thread." If you posted from the "Main Page" (unsure exactly which main page you mean) then there would be no way to determine in which forum it belonged. Getting a thread into the correct forum is crucial. There is some leeway and overlap, but not much. You don't want a UFO thread in the 9/11 cforum and vice versa.

Take it slow. New places are always a little perplexing at first.
edit on 1/18/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

You are totally not a bother. But..I'm not sure I understand the question.

To post a thread you need to enter the forum you want to post it in and then click new thread. As far as I am aware anyway. Creating a new thread is not the same as replying on a thread or to a particular post if that makes sense. Creating a thread is creating your own "story" entry on ATS. I'm guessing you know this part already but just in case...

You may have been confused, after having looked at your avatar area, because you have only just made 20 posts (it now reads 23) and only after having made 20 posts are you allowed to make your own thread. Maybe that is why a "new thread" was missing?

Hope it helps a little, I know I'm kinda rambling.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Thank you everyone for the advice. I think I have it figured out now. I will def do the search before posting a thread that may already exist.

top topics

join