It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Inspirational Speech Ever

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Churchill delivered the most inspirational speech during the war at a time that could have seen the allies on the way to defeat and I believe this speech spurred on a nation to turn things around. Please note this was before the US joined the war

Enjoy
edit on 18-1-2012 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Thank you so much for posting this. I am reminded that our current President returned the bust of Churchill to England. Put aside for a moment that it was rude, it was thoughtless. That bust could have been a source of inspiration to him.

When I saw the headline I was seized with a fear that it was Charlie Chaplin for the fourteenth time (in the last four months). The difference between the two is stark. I'm having trouble finding the right words to use so please forgive my sloppiness, but the Churchill speech was delivered by a man you would want at your side, supporting you. The Chaplin speech is one you'd expect to see delivered at the opening session of the United Nations, where it, along with everything else done there, would be brushed aside as empty politeness.

new topics

join