It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandatory participation in experimental vaccine trials

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The American Medical Association recomends compulsory participation in experimental vaccine trials " for the greater good" of society.
Just curious what your thoughts are on this.
virtualmentor.ama-assn.org...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by reddwhite

Well, After reading this tid-bit from your source:

A more palatable and realistic option is a policy of “mandated choice.” In this case individuals would be required by law to state in advance their willingness to participate in vaccine trials

I think: How very inconvenient, but otherwise not breaching my power to decline.. Or so it seems for the moment.
If that changes, Naturally my opinion would change..

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

If they are so into vaccines and crap they can go ahead and test it on themselves and their children. Try and force me to do something and you will not like what happens. I'm not a bad ass I just run out of ideas and get desperate very easily desperate people don't think rationally.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
They put enough of their experimental crap in our foods anyway.it already is mandatory you either it it or starve,they even have started pumping chemicals in our waters like fluoride.it wouldn't surprise me if they even contaminate the air we breath.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I think that forcing people to take part in vaccine trials may go against basic civil and human rights... But they won't care, they'll do it anyway. I personally will be leaving the United States if this occurs. We're already having enough of our rights stricken as it is as the government and media begin controlling everything there is to do with the United States. If it gets much more unfair or just plain stupid, I'm out. I bail.
edit on 18-1-2012 by Myomistress because: Spelling error. :3

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
"Mandatory" and "experimental" should not go together.

Isn't there a law against being forced into experiments?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
This would be a great way to put implants into humans. Disguise it as a vaccine, than chip everyone?!! ANARCHY!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Soon American men will have to present for a mandatory shot in the bottom to vaccinate against homophobia (in the interests of society as a - hole.)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
There are three God given inalienable rights spoken of in the Declaration of Independance. Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness. To REQUIRE me to be injected with an experimental vaccine COULD possibly deprive me of my life and deffinetly takes away my liberty. So they come knocking on my door I will defend my life and liberty reguardless of the cost.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by candcantiques

The worst part, all doctors take the hypocratic oath, the firs line of he oath is " I will do no harm"

I never saw the line where it says unless it is for what I think is the greatest good.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
As a biochemist, I have performed contract work for 6 vaccine manufacturers, one of which is now defunct and was one of the scariest sites I have seen in my 17 year pharma/biotech career.

My opinion of vaccines is represented by my avatar although my avatar has other meaning to me...

I had to leave one site prior to completion of my contract because vaccination was required to remain on site. If you don't mind having something injected into your body that has minimal clinical trial testing and is protected under a different judicial system for redress of contraindications, more power to you. Taking their shot wasn't worth the loss of income to me.

As for me, not a chance in hell a vaccine will be injected into my system with my consent.

In my opinion, mandatory participation in any experimental parenteral is akin to something Josef Mengele would have done.
edit on 18-1-2012 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

I think this law might cover it...it's the fourth amendment to the Constitution of these great United States of America as envisioned and written by our founders that wished to secure us from just such "mandantory" requirements!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

It's taken me a while, but I am learning that headlines and Opening Posts are often sensationalized to get a discussion going. That's what seems to have happened here.

The American Medical Association recomends compulsory participation in experimental vaccine trials " for the greater good" of society.
The AMA has not made such a recommendation. That was just one of several options discussed in an opinion piece. That option was not the one that the article concluded with, as inquisitive1 pointed out in the second post of this thread.

So, set aside the OP and headline as having misread the piece, what was in it? A discussion on various ideas to make sure there are enough human subjects to test vaccines.

Giving money as an incentive is tough, either the researchers give too much or too little. There is a discussion of mandatory participation, with both the pros and the cons being presented. It's possible that this might be read to mean that in the case of a dire emergency, a killer disease spreading rapidly with little time to stop it, mandatory participation might be the solution. But that's not what the article is recommending.

The article suggests two things, consideration of a plan to have people declare whether or not they want to volunteer, before volunteers are needed, and more education to reduce irrational fear of vaccines.

I'm sure the AMA would be pleased to get any suggestion on how to have an adequate supply of volunteers.

top topics

join