It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The use of nukes, a discussion on America

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The biggest problem with Iran having nukes is that they have stated publicly that as soon as they get the power of a nuclear bomb they will use it on Jerusalem.

It's not the development of the bomb that's a problem for the USA, it's the stated desire to develop and USE the bomb that's the problem.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
The biggest problem with Iran having nukes is that they have stated publicly that as soon as they get the power of a nuclear bomb they will use it on Jerusalem.

It's not the development of the bomb that's a problem for the USA, it's the stated desire to develop and USE the bomb that's the problem.

One of the reasons why I made this thread is to illustrate the differences as stated in your post.

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Well theres 2 ways this can go:

Iran gets nukes and/or someone takes out New York and Chicago or some other city and they say we deserved it but those are the same people who say no one needs nukes and they are evil.

Without the push for nuclear weapons nuclear,power and medicine and sheilding technologies would not exist that is what we and the west have done with that power.

What will a Islamofascist theocracy who has said time and time again they want to wipe us off the face of the world and bring back the Persian Empire and a Caliphate?

All infidels must convert or die no non Muslim may sit foot in the Holy land only one way for that to go down we have seen how effective a decade of war has been.

Maybe it is time the world be reminded of the "horror of nuclear bombs".

edit on 19-1-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Well said. Too many are afraid to voice honest statements anymore. It has to be couched in politically correct terms in case someones feelings get hurt.

edit on 19-1-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Getting late for me but I thought I'd open this up for a discussion. I didn't do a search (so forgive) but I feel this topic needs to be debated since so many are using America's use of nuclear weapons as a reason why Iran should feel justified to build the same.
I've heard countless times in the myriad of Iran threads that the wests reluctance to allow Iran nucear weapons is invalid because only Amerca has actually used them.

But what many are doing is using 21st century lenses to view a 20th century action. It's easy to sit back and judge a countrys' use of nukes with a background of PC indoctrination, years of weak-kneed apologists droning on and on, but what no-one considers is that the use of Fat Man and Little Boy probably saved millions of lives. It stopped an all out ground invasion of the Japanese mainland.

We didn't START a war using nukes.

We ENDED a war using nukes.

Big difference kids. Big, big difference.

Now I'm sure there are many who are chomping at the bit to further disparage America, and it's decision.

Feel free to chime in. Will be up a while but will always try to answer any pertanent questions.

beez

It takes a special kind of evil to burn kids in an inferno of heat, I will never forgive the people who dropped the bomb. it also takes a special kind of evil to try and justify it, how dare you!!!!!
Try to imagine your own childs face being burnt off. Jeeze americans you are run by demons.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by allintoaccount
It takes a special kind of evil to burn kids in an inferno of heat, I will never forgive the people who dropped the bomb. it also takes a special kind of evil to try and justify it, how dare you!!!!!
Try to imagine your own childs face being burnt off. Jeeze americans you are run by demons.

War is, by definition, evil.
There's nothing nice or noble about it. We're just lucky to have decent, honerable, noble people fighting. Sometimes the hard decisions have to be made.

Always appreciate another opinion, though.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

There is a movie i watched long ago that has stuck with me granted its a Hollywood flick but it gives people something to think about.

It's called Deterrence.

www.imdb.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by beezzer

There is a movie i watched long ago that has stuck with me granted its a Hollywood flick but it gives people something to think about.

It's called Deterrence.

www.imdb.com...

Gonna have to check that out. Thanks! I'll hurry in case SOPA gets passed!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

War is, by definition, evil.
There's nothing nice or noble about it. We're just lucky to have decent, honerable, noble people fighting. Sometimes the hard decisions have to be made.

Always appreciate another opinion, though.

I would rather surrender to the most barbaric dictator ever then murder innocents, in fact I let them torture me and my family forever then having burning children on my conscience.
I suppose that's the difference between being human or not.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I would rather surrender to the most barbaric dictator ever then murder innocents, in fact I let them torture me and my family forever then having burning children on my conscience.

I wouldn't consider myself human if I stood by and did nothing while they tortured my family.

But hey, I'll fight and kill for your rght to feel that way.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I wouldn't consider myself human if I stood by and did nothing while they tortured my family.

But hey, I'll fight and kill for your rght to feel that way.

kill hundreds of thousands or let your family be tortured? I'd choose the latter wouldn't you?
And I doubt you would actually fight for me if your answer is not the latter.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by sonnny1

no it is not bull # i am sorry if i hurt your countries ego and you find the need to justify why you dropped a nuke of civilians... funny how european history is taught different than american history.
considering you are the most spoon fed western nation on the planet i know what side of the fence i would choose to sit..
japen wanted to surrender the terms of the surrender where in dispute. The fact that japan want to is not...

learn you history son....

Its called revisionists history,and you, "son" are full of "personal" interpretations.

The "broad terms" are never defined. In fact, they did not exist. Japanese approaches to the Soviet Union began in mid-July with what Truman in his diary called a "telegram from [the] Jap Emperor asking for peace." Alperovitz and other atomic revisionists have attached great importance to this communication, which did have Emperor Hirohito's personal interest. Yet Alperovitz's own summary and quotation shows that it contained no more than the emperor's hope that in order to end suffering the war might "be quickly terminated." It then went on to express Japan's resolve "to fight on with all its strength" so long as the United States and Great Britain insisted on unconditional surrender. It concluded by asking the Soviet Union to receive Prince Fumimaro Konoye as a special envoy. Because the Japanese neither presented an agenda nor specified any basis for discussion, both Washington and Moscow dismissed the proposal as meaningless and perhaps a stalling tactic to prevent Soviet intervention.

For many Japanese leaders, preservation of the emperor meant preservation of the imperial system, and with it their own positions. After the destruction of Hiroshima, the military leaders still rejected an American military occupation, disarmament, and war crimes trials conducted by the victors. News of the Nagasaki bomb was decisive, not in changing their minds, but in motivating the civilian leaders and Emperor Hirohito to face reality.

LINK

edit on 19-1-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

kill hundreds of thousands or let your family be tortured? I'd choose the latter wouldn't you?

No. I am a selfish, human bastard. Sorry I can't be as enlightened as others.

But I have and will continue to do so.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by beezzer

Nukes are dangerous.

Religious psychopaths have no business deciding how to use a nuke. Iran's leaders are religious psychopaths. Therefore, Iran has no business having a nuke.

Just common sense people.

Irans leaders are psychopaths ?

Tell me.
Which country on this planet are more likely to use a Nuclear weapon ?
Which country has over 700 bases spread across the planet ?
Which country has bombed, invaded and occupied at least two countries ?
Which country is sending drones into at least three countries and killing innocent civilians ?

I could go on.
The US are the most dangerous country on the planet.
A corrupt government being ran by a criminal Cabal.

Lets not kid ourselves about Iran.
They`re no danger to anyone and never have been.

Russia have what, 2, 3, 4000 nuclear warheads?
The US have the same, maybe more ?

Yet the whole world is in panic because we`ve been told that one country, who by the way, have never attacked another country in over 100 years, may be developing one in the near future.

All these nuclear weapons on the planet and the only time they`ve been used was over 60 years ago by the US and now we have all this rubbish about Iran.

We all know the west and Israel are using this tale for alternative reasons.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Who in the hell wants Nuclear War?

No one, but madman...............................

No one but madman would be trying to build them,in a world of treaties designed to limit what we have already,to destroy what we have already.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by lambros56

Yet another I-RAN(T).

So you see a difference between the two countries, their use/attempted ownership of the bomb?

You see America as something worse than a nuclear capable Iran?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

If there is any truth to this thread Ah ha! Iran: Not about the Nukes, its about the Rods! than yes or at least not much better. All the talk about nukes is a false flag and the US public, right on cue, seems to be falling for it.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

No. I am a selfish, human bastard. Sorry I can't be as enlightened as others.

But I have and will continue to do so.

Your fighting because you have been brainwashed or simply your own bloodlust.
Know your enemy.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

reply to post by Iwinder

It's not just the US. The US has the biggest voice, but what about all the other surrounding countries? Wouldn't they have a say?

Of course, if you're just bashing America, then regardless of its (Amercas) position, it'd be wrong.

That is a weak statement and you know it Beezzer, if you take the time to check my posts I am very critical of our Government here....( Canada)
Easy out for you to claim I am bashing America when you know I am not doing any such thing.
I believe the "Other Countries" do not have much say because the US has got them by the short hairs and is pulling upwards .....LOL
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

reply to post by lambros56

Yet another I-RAN(T)..

So you see a difference between the two countries, their use/attempted ownership of the bomb?

Yes, i certainly do !

America is the super power.
No-one on the planet can compete with them.
It`s just a shame that the ones who are pulling the strings of the Presidency and Congress don`t deserve to walk alongside true Americans.
They dont care about the US or anyone else for that matter.

I don`t believe Iran are a threat to anyone......especially the US or Israel.
No proof.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join