It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Africa Can Expect Strange Weather

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Another weird and awesome year of strange weather could lie ahead for us South Africans? So, it seems.

Source

Johannesburg - South Africans in most parts of the country should prepare themselves for heavy rain and “strange weather” in February, March and April, the South African Weather Service says.

Those whom are still saying that the weather is normal, well.. i will just say, i do not agree with you. 2011 proved it is changing. From snow to tornadoes, hail in Winter, winds like we have not experienced, all in a calender year in South Africa? But, there will always be those to whom it is just normal weather. Not to EVEN mention the weird weather all around the world. We should open our eyes.

edit on 1/18/2012 by qonone because: spelling

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by qonone

its winter... it was 60 degrees a week ago. it snowed the next day and delayed schools. rained yesterday and was mild out and all the snow melted. i live in northwest indiana.

it also snowed in iraq last year when my brother was at his base.

strange weather? definitely
edit on 18-1-2012 by Bonkrh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by qonone

thanks for sharing..this means that i should brace myself for a cold April instead of July in E.Africa... this is geting stranger by the day..when a weatherman says 'strange' ... its time to duck 'n hide !

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Strange weather seems to have appeared increased over the last few years pretty much around most of the world,

Now what we have to think about is the aspects that may have caused these sudden changes... Global warming? Increase in tropical storms? La Niñaall? of which affect the weather stream, Some of these cause warm pockets of Air that can intern cause interesting weather changes,

Also something else to think about it that are we just more aware now? Everyone talks about it, Social networking sites ect so it almost engulfs the fear of something very abnormal happening,

Has this always happened and we just have not noticed it so much or just in our life time?

Who knows, Interesting topic and i look forward to reading what others have to say about it,

Also look in to if the reasons are self induced?

The climate of South Africa is affected by the changes in global climate mentioned in previous sections and more information on this is given below. However, South Africa is also itself a contributor to the global climate change problem. In 1990, South Africa was responsible for about 1.2% of the total global warming effect which placed it within the top ten contributing countries in the world. The carbon dioxide equivalent emission rate per person in South Africa (about 10 tons of CO2 per person per year) is above the global average (7 tons pppy) - although this is still considerably below that of developed countries such as the United States (20 tons pppy - 1991). The burning of fossil fuels in South Africa is the primary source of this carbon dioxide.

www.environment.gov.za...

www.environment.gov.za...

edit on 18-1-2012 by asala because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

Correct, no doubt that certain sites & certain social networking ones do "engulf" fear or will increase the fearmongering. But, in my 39 years in South Africa i have not experienced weather as i did 2011. Over many years, yes. We have the odd tornado and snowfalls. Last year we had snow storms, one after the other. Two tornadoes in one day, one touching down about 40-50km from me in Johannesburg. One thing, as any S.African here will know, to get thunderstorms in Winter is a no-no. Last year we had severe thunder and hailstorms in Winter time.

In Summer we usually get our late afternoon thunderstorms, thus far i have counted 6 that would be seen as our usual late afternoon thunderstorms & 7 which started between 2 and 4am. That is not normal, imo.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
It's impropable, but not impossible weather.
The last 2 or 3 years we had ENOURMOUS masses of snow, 2 or 3 times of the norm. This winter, there was none. Zilch. Nada.

So what? Its called weather, not climate. Climate says that its going to be cold here at this time of the year for maybe 8 out of 10 years. So we are in one of the two years when its not cold.

Climate takes the larger view. Weather itself might change and does so even on the long scale. Then its called climate and we can observe a climate change.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by qonone
Another weird and awesome year of strange weather could lie ahead for us South Africans? So, it seems.

Source

Johannesburg - South Africans in most parts of the country should prepare themselves for heavy rain and “strange weather” in February, March and April, the South African Weather Service says.

Down at the coast we now have a new saying... 'We have four different seasons in one day.'

Some days, literally... It will be mild and sunny in the early morning, summer-warm a little bit later, raining the afternoon and cold and stormy in the evening...

We were declared a disaster zone (due to drought) last year, now we can't get enough rain... Not that we're complaining, of course

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Agreed. I have on other boards attempted to warn people of South Africa (though I want to move there) about the weather changes that may occur this year. there may even be a large EQ (the size of last march's earthquake) and tsunami in the coming months.

though I point more towards Antarctica because not only will South Africa see this I believe most of the globe will experience some real heaters this year (winter this year has been less then cold and very odd, cold as hell in the morning, but at night its up 10 degrees from the day???) .

Antarctica weather has hit record highs this year in temperature, wind velocity, and earthquake activity.

Antarctica is something to keep a close eye on.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by StrangeCottageCheese

Which coast, South/North? Got family on the South and i know what you are saying.

reply to post by ImmortalThought

I know now that scientists are aware of things to come. Spoke to one myself earlier today after being introduced by my girlfriend. They are aware of the strange noises/sounds and that it is affecting the earth's magnetic field. Climate has been affected in a big way. The professor's opinion is that we (South Africa) have "European" weather now. He said our clouds here are European. He believes it could take up to 5 years for all to come into effect.

I understand this is all his opinion and theory, but for now i will take his word over others. Maybe also cause i woke up to a 13 deg chill this morning, in the middle of Summer.

*I also remember the quake we had last year, but i am sure it was in May.

*After some research i see we had a few

edit on 1/19/2012 by qonone because: added

edit on 1/19/2012 by qonone because: added

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Im so damn scared these days to leave my computer and my internet on during when Im at work. Our lovely Jozies highveld thunderstorms appear out of nowhere these days and fry my equipment.

Also, it is flippen middle of summer and I wake up three oclock in the morning freezing my extremities off. Our weather, mind you, the whole is screwed up anyways. Weird weather... Fact of life

top topics

join