It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If God is love then why do animals kill each other?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Animals do not have the intelligence of human so they can not fully understand the abstract concept of "God". God is love and there are loving animals but why do the animals have moments of being unloving if they are so connected with God and don't have complex thinking for ego?

Maybe God is Joy since all beings are seeking that...

What do you think about all of this?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I believe before The Fall animals did not kill each other and we lived in harmony.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
If it's wrong to kill animals, why are they made out of such delicious meat?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
(face palm)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
I believe before The Fall animals did not kill each other and we lived in harmony.

So what did they eat then? What did the carnivore animals eat?

Originally posted by nineix

If it's wrong to kill animals, why are they made out of such delicious meat?

This is spam. You didn't answer the question and your response doesn't even relate to the topic.

I'm not asking about humans eating meat and I never said it was "wrong". I said that if God is Love and it is our "ego" that separates us from God and makes us think of ourselves, why do animals with such simple minds still kill each other and stuff , you would think that they would be connected with Love without the complex mind...

Originally posted by PFCStryker
(face palm)

And this is spam as well. Come on people!
edit on 18-1-2012 by arpgme because: For more response

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Something must die so something can live. First Rule. Can't get away from it. You don't eat, you die. Applies to animals too. Humans on the other hand kill for a variety of reasons that have nothing to do with why animals do it. It would appear that animals(other than humans) are actually closer to God because they rarely kill except for food. Humans slaughter themselves in unprecedented numbers, create bombs that would kill us all, create biological weapons that would do the same, the list goes on. So maybe animals have a better concept of God, judged be their actions, compared to us? What on Earth makes you think that animals have no concept of God? I think all we have is a concept of ourselves and put that off on God.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

So what did they eat then? What did the carnivore animals eat?

I believe they were not original carnivores but adapted that way after the flood. There was an abundance of food before The Fall and they most likely eat shrubs , plants , fruits, etc... sharp teeth doesn't necessarily mean meat eater... For example piranhas are often known to eat nuts at the bottom of river beds.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by bwcawaterbear
Something must die so something can live. First Rule. Can't get away from it. You don't eat, you die. Applies to animals too. Humans on the other hand kill for a variety of reasons that have nothing to do with why animals do it. It would appear that animals(other than humans) are actually closer to God because they rarely kill except for food. Humans slaughter themselves in unprecedented numbers, create bombs that would kill us all, create biological weapons that would do the same, the list goes on. So maybe animals have a better concept of God, judged be their actions, compared to us? What on Earth makes you think that animals have no concept of God? I think all we have is a concept of ourselves and put that off on God.

Yes, but dying does not equal killing. Why do animals kill is what I'm asking. If God is love, why do we and animals have to kill in order to survive? Animals can not think about God, they don't think in complexities like us, their mind is too simple.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
We've got carnivorous animals that, if they were designed, were designed specifically to kill. For an example.

There are 2 problems with "The Fall" argument. The first being, that there's very different structures composed for herbivores and carnivores. They weren't all designed for the same thing. The second thing, is that it implied God would inflict unnecessary animal suffering to deal with human issues. Oh wait, that's not an issue, he did that many times throughout the old testament. Drowning all animals to death to kill a couple humans being only the most notable example of that.

Still, the first point. Spiders with webs that catch flies. Snakes with horribly painful and paralyzing venom. Parasites that lay eggs inside other animals that eat them alive from the inside. Fangs, Canide teeth, claws, all the agility. Poisonous animals.

There's so much that shows animals have the design to kill each other. It's not that they''re acting up after the fall, it's how they're hard coded.

~
Possible answers:

The God described in the old testament seemed to have very little value in the lives of animals. Maybe all that suffering they go through means nothing to him.

You just can't question God's design, you're not as smart as him. He's smart enough to know that it's perfectly ok to create a system where animals strive on suffering, you're a lesser minded human.

Natural Selection created them instead of any god. Natural Selection being neither loving or malevolent, ultimately creating creatures based off how well they survive instead of creating "what's good".

A different God who isn't love created them, and a different religion is right.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Animals kill each other because it is what they have done for billions of years, they need to eat food. Simple as that.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Sin had entered the world through Adam. The bible says there will be a day when a lion will rest next to a lamb.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
"You just can't question God's design, you're not as smart as him"

sounds a lot like when hitler was in power.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

You're asking some mighty difficult questions there.....

I've got no clue why animals eat eachother other than they're hungry, and we all know vegi-food tastes like s**t

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure this is a question my sister asked in pre-school....she answered it herself in kindergarten.

Come back from lala land OP.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Animals do not "love".

Man "loves".

Thats why humans do not eat other humans.

The emotion of "love", not the concept of God is what seperates Man from animal.

Yet, Man kills Man in the name of God.

edit on 18-1-2012 by Frankenchrist because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by 547000

When would this be? When both man and animal have risen to heaven? there quite a dilemma here, think about it...

link   
Animals kill each other to survive. How else are there gonna be animals? There is a food chain for a reason... and it just so happens we r on the top of it!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
God is a storyteller. What kind of story doesn't have some conflict and excitement? If you say God is joy then why is there sorrow? God is a storyteller and he needs the full spectrum of experience to tell his story.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
Animals do not have the intelligence of human so they can not fully understand the abstract concept of "God". God is love and there are loving animals but why do the animals have moments of being unloving if they are so connected with God and don't have complex thinking for ego?

Maybe God is Joy since all beings are seeking that...

What do you think about all of this?

If the title is your actual question then the answer is: Balance.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
Animals do not "love".

Man "loves".

Thats why humans do not eat other humans.

The emotion of "love", not the concept of God is what seperates Man from animal.

Yet, Man kills Man in the name of God.

edit on 18-1-2012 by Frankenchrist because: (no reason given)

I know you're just expressing the standard human view, but it's so obviously wrong.

Humans are animals. Chimpanzees share most of our DNA. Humans do eat humans. Animals do have emotions like love. (IMHO)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join