It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sounds in the sky...Sounds from space?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
A few people have mentioned the idea lately that these sounds people are hearing from all over the world at various times may actually be coming from Space. Now, I understand as well as anyone that from our understanding of space, sounds as such cannot transmit. It's totally silent out there as a human ear would hear it.

However, could it be that there is some other form of transmission of energy or sound that we're heretofore unaware of? Think about radio, for instance. A voice into mechanical and/or electronic equipment on one end becomes energy and then becomes sound again when just the right electronic device is bathed in the energy the first one sent out. Translated to the sounds in the sky......Is it possible these noises are a side effect and natural phenomenon which is simply manifesting this way once it's inside our atmosphere here?

There is a reason I chose this forum to raise this idea in. How would one go about comparing the data of times, dates and locations for noises to where that particular point on Earth was pointed in relation to the space above...and doing it with a lengthy list of the same data sets? What is the easiest tool (online ? ) anyone might know of on the Space side of gathering information?

If there is anything to this space idea, then it should be as obvious as black and white when the two data sets are compared and even clearly show what part of space such a thing would be streaming from, right? I'm just not sure where to start on that second set.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I just had a thought that maybe it has something to do with the "world grid" people talk about. possibly theres somwthing happening with the "intersection" spots.

this is what im talking about link

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
well, there is this OP from TX right now hearing the same rumbling noise.. may be we can crowd source.. The time is ~0200hrs .. will also keep my ears open and post once i hear such in my neck of the woods.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by OUNjahhryn
I just had a thought that maybe it has something to do with the "world grid" people talk about. possibly theres somwthing happening with the "intersection" spots.

this is what im talking about link

interesting.. will have a read on it ...could it be some form of energy passing through the cosmos at this point in time that is 'activating' some points in this grid?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
In another thread we already thought of it possibly relating to the sun and its nowadays high activity (peak of an 11-year cycle) - the sound being the results of for example a CME (consisting of a tsunami like wave of all kinds of rays) hitting the athmosphere.
I just rethought that and came to the conclusion that some of the sounds were heard at night (around one to three a.m.) - therefore, I think, it does not come from the sun... which is pretty stationary and everything she/he would throw at us would hit us in bright daylight...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by kassych

yeah i dont have a good theory on it because i dont even know much about the world grid thing. its just what popped into my head, and thought it was something I or others should check out.

not a lot to go on right now, speculations all we got haha.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by BudoSan

also I think we would see a lot of Aurora's if that were the case.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I have wondered why most people think that the sounds we are hearing are from the ground while it could easily be from the sky/space.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by BudoSan

Very true...and there is no real pattern that I can see so far on where things are heard, which class of noise people are hearing and what time of day or night it happens. There seem to be more reports in bad weather or overcast...but that could as easily have to do with the acoustics the clouds contribute to as any cause/effect.

So.. everything in space is in never ending motion and change in relation to each other and space as a whole. I'm sure it'll take a computer to even get a decent guess on whether this space energy source or whatever, holds water....but it's sure something it seems we NEED to know about and soon if there is any chance there is something to it. I'd really want to know what would generate the energy to cause this, if that is the source of even some of them.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Well, this is more like a suggestion on the strange sounds across the world could be.. I am a fan of the LISS (Live Internet Seismic Server) and over the past couple of days.. there has been some unexplained activity in Samuel, in Brazil..if you click here you will notice that the whole area appears to be under some sort of tension and whether this tension gets to be distributed across fault lines thereby creating the rumble ..I figure we can take LISS data and try to find out where does this fit in with the current yet to be explained phenomena.. my view is that it is coming from the ground and the atmosphere is echoing the same.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
The sounds could also be the result of our solar system passing through the galatic plane ?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Bottom line is the sound/sounds need to be RECORDED not for proof of its existance, but to be analized, and decoded if possible. We should be looking for tone patterns, UHF and LF waves. Comapre it to other sounds,and let computers and others like animals, children, seniors, listen to it as well. There could be a messenge in the sound itself. I am still alittle skeptic but I would like to hear this sound myself. And I think someone with a small plane might wanna fly above the clouds and document from above. I hope its something important.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
just a thought but how long would it take for the sound from that supernove the acient chinese recorded and sciencetits verifed?would take quite a bit longer for that and maybe some how its the energy where hearing that went through space....just a thought.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by punisher2012

I am of the opion that this is more likely an effect of H.A.A.R.P. more specifically project bluebeam. You need sound to go along with the visual light show, I would expect this to be an acctive test of the sound generation capabilities of their arrays. Any data on activity at at the H.A.A.R.P. sites worldwide to coorelate this? I am in Indiana and have heard nothing, nor do we have a H.A.A.R.P. site near Indianapolis, so that might explain the absence of anything being reported here.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by reddwhite

The problem there is that HAARP and it's Russian and Chinese versions are not deep black secrets for their presence..and there is absoluetly NO way to power them up without being noticed. Covert just isn't in the vocabulary when a system requires acres and acres of antennas just to function and obstructing them with clever camo schemes will bring the whole system crashing down for any degree of being useful.

I thought of HAARP months ago when I started researching the noises..and as I'm sure many others also found..HAARP is cold and quiet as often as not during the noise events.

I'd so love it to be that easy...
It just doesn't look like HAARP is the bogeyman for this one. Not unless they really have found a way to transmit staggering amounts of power in a way that meters set to detect that power, don't.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Its the dinner bell ringing, saying basically, earth is fat enough now come and get it.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
another tread about this nonsense sounds.... i know... GLP forum is closed... that's it... geeee so many treads about the same thing it's starting to make me sick

edit on 18-1-2012 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by punisher2012
Bottom line is the sound/sounds need to be RECORDED not for proof of its existance, but to be analized, and decoded if possible. We should be looking for tone patterns, UHF and LF waves. Comapre it to other sounds,and let computers and others like animals, children, seniors, listen to it as well. There could be a messenge in the sound itself. I am still alittle skeptic but I would like to hear this sound myself. And I think someone with a small plane might wanna fly above the clouds and document from above. I hope its something important.

I certainly agree with far more serious effort being put into not just standing on the ground gawking at the noise...but immediate and concrete action to record and document the occurrence.

I started another thread suggesting an idea for narrowing the sound to altitude/elevation on a shoe string budget and weekend project type knowledge levels and I am sure others can think up better ones. If only South-Central Missouri would have some events so I could do what I suggest myself. lol.....

For whatever reason, Government can't even bring itself to mention these exist at all. Media is ignoring it for the most part...and it's another 'Crazy UFO story to interview fruit loops about' if they DO mention it...so I guess it's left to private citizens to work out the problem.

It's probably just as well it's left to normal people. There are no more terrifying words spoken today than "Hello, I'm with the Government and I'm here to help'.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I don't know if this has already been posted (I should think so) anyways it's a video made by "howstuffworks" about a sound, the video dates back to 23 march 2010 (befor the sound where frequently heard)

www.youtube.com...

A short summary of the vid :

The sound (that the video calls "the hum") started to intrigue people when they noticed in the 70's that a low frequency hum could be heard when in very silent places.
The hum gained publicity in the 90's when it was heard and felt by many in new mexico, even with headphones on.

new topics

top topics

join