It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Alien contact is made to stop WW3 (no real theory here just an interesting "what if" scenario

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
with all the talk of america and isreal ready to strike Iran for building a nuclear weapon, and all the simultaneous talk of alien visitation in 2012, i realised that it would be pretty interesting if the aliens somehow stopped what would become ww3 by simply revealing themselves.

I have always been a writer and one story that replayed over in my head was the one i just mentioned. if theres one thing that would turn EVERYBODYS attention away from each other it would be an alien visitation. I imagine it would be a grand light show. all the flights would be grounded worldwide for a few days. churches, synagogues and mosques would be flooded beyond capacity. lines going down the road a mile long to get to church because everyone thinks its god and the world is finally ending. and then the aliens calmly reveal themselves somehow. maybe in a broadcast saying they are benevolent. for the rest of what my imagination says would be cool to happen search "first contact daydream" by me on here. its either that or something similar to "first contact daydream"

Reagan made a good point when he said hw quickly things would change on earth if we knew we werent alone. maybe in a wierd way its what humanity needs to keep from destroying itself and the earth. to know that humanity is not alone. to know that someones race or religion is essentially meaningless now that we know there are (hypothetically) millions of civilizations in our galaxy alone.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Caioneach

i'd have to agree with reagan (and you) about this. When you take a step back from all the world's drama, and think about what would make everyone quit navel gazing and say 'huh, this is some heavy blank we got here"

the only thing that comes to mind is some ridiculous conspiracy being brought into the light (which is done everyday here
, or an other worldly experience- some type I+ civilization being like "yo, get over yourselves- you're only one planet.. grow a pair, and get along k?"

all the peoples of this world are far too interested in what's going on with their little fiefdom to care about others.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caioneach

. . . to know that someones race or religion is essentially meaningless now that we know there are (hypothetically) millions of civilizations in our galaxy alone.

Not sure I quite understand your reasoning here. How would knowledge of 'alien' existences render these things 'meaningless?' You are one of billions on this planet, but that doesn't make you meaningless, does it?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by WellMaybe2007

i'd have to agree with reagan (and you) about this. When you take a step back from all the world's drama, and think about what would make everyone quit navel gazing and say 'huh, this is some heavy blank we got here"

the only thing that comes to mind is some ridiculous conspiracy being brought into the light (which is done everyday here
, or an other worldly experience- some type I+ civilization being like "yo, get over yourselves- you're only one planet.. grow a pair, and get along k?"

all the peoples of this world are far too interested in what's going on with their little fiefdom to care about others.

exactly. this world is like a grain of sand on a beach. like a leaf in the forest. iremember that scene in Contact where Jodi Foster was talking about how small and precious and fragile we are. something like a benevolent alien visitation would really open our eyes to things. the human race suddenyl being aware that there are thousands maybe millions of other civilations and species would be a very, scary, beautiful, exciting thing

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer77

Originally posted by Caioneach

. . . to know that someones race or religion is essentially meaningless now that we know there are (hypothetically) millions of civilizations in our galaxy alone.

Not sure I quite understand your reasoning here. How would knowledge of 'alien' existences render these things 'meaningless?' You are one of billions on this planet, but that doesn't make you meaningless, does it?

because it would turn the attention away from the differences in humans and graduate us into a different way of thinking. we would all be human beings we would all be one. (not to say that we are all human beings now but too many people are cuaght up on race and religion to see it). and viewing each other as human beings would then be a neccessity it wouldnt be something thats just the right thing to do.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if this actually happened.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

With your permission i would like to play the devil's advocate.

The possibility of humans unite under a threat from outer space or from an open alien visitation is a possibility,but from my point of view,i don't see it happening.
Let me explain:
From what i have seen in all the years i'm alive is that humans don't react well to changes.They finally adapt but it takes time.Even small changes in everyday life,can turn a human into an animal.
The classic scene from science fiction movies,when an alien invasion or a great destruction is announced or takes place,you don't see humans to try to survive,but to break into stores and steal things.Destroy,burn and even kill each other.That is what i expect in a case of an open alien visitation.
Also you must have noticed how religions react to changes.When they had more power,they used to execute the "heretics" for bringing new ideas,that contradicted their beliefs.If you search ATS you will find dozens of threads on how aliens are demons(and their existance is theoretical).In the religious agenda aliens races don't fit in the picture.
Politicians and all types of authority,they will attack the aliens,before they even know their intentions.The idea of them losing power will drive them insane.

There are many examples that i can write,that unfortunatelly show that humans aren't going to react very well to an alien visitation.

I have lost faith in humanity for some time now and i personally believe that some of the reasons that aliens don't show themselves is that they are afraid that we are going to destroy ourselves,before we accept their existance.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Great thread, I wish there´d be more threads like this in ATS. I´ve had the same vision or daydream all my life (and I´m writer too btw
). There are so many paranoid and negative info (not info actualy, but controversial claims with no evidence) about aliens, but I´ve always felt, that most of them are too simplified, violent, baseless and boring. I´ve always seen alien theme like something deeply beautiful, different, amazing and phislosophical. I even have naive idea, that maybe no race can travel though Universe before they have overcome violence.
It would be fantastic thing to see, if benevolent alien race would make contact with humankind. It will change a lot on this little dot.

Anyway, I think we might have hope for first contact soon:

Monks remote view 2012

Mayan elder speaks about return of the wise people in 2012:

There is also interesting correlation between Venus transit and developement in human communication:
Venus transit and communication

I´ve been thinking, that what would be the next step in cooperation and communication if we can communicate with anyone around the world instantly? It´s probably the first contact with extraterrestrial race. Not primitive invasion, but communication and cooperation. At least beginning of this. After all Mayans also said, that 2012 is the year, when someone will descend from above:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
As a fellow (unpublished) writer I know what you mean about the daydreams. Personally, I would love to see something like this happen, although this fourms "devil's advocate" does raise a good point. When have you ever seen the human race, as a group, react to change well, ever. To quote an awesome and epic person :

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

Isn't /that/ the truth... Maybe if we're lucky the aliens will take all the ATS members away and leave the humans to fight their pointless wars... Hey, can't hurt a girl to dream, right?

top topics

join