It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attempt being made to reduce hurricane Ivan's power

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I don't know if this has already been posted, but....

The Associated Press
Posted on: Friday, September 10, 2004

JACKSONVILLE � A South Florida businessman says he's going to try to reduce the strength of Hurricane Ivan by flying a Boeing 747 into the edge of the hurricane and dumping thousands of pounds of an absorbent material into the storm.

Peter Cordani of Jupiter plans to try to knock the storm down by one or two categories by dropping tons of powder that absorbs 3-thousand to 4-thousand times its weight.

Cordani is chief operating officer of Dyn-O-Mat, a company that sells environmental absorbent products such as mats for mechanics. He believes his product, SK1000, would cause a shearing action and a 15 degree cooling of the storm.

Cordani has been working on his plan for five years. He has assembled a team of experts, including two former astronauts, moonwalker Edgar Mitchell and Scott Mac Leod, who tested the lunar module.

Cordani is in contact talks to lease a 747 tanker from Evergreen Aviation in McMinnville, Oregon.

www.nbc-2.com...

This "sounds" like a good idea, but does anyone know what the environmental impact of the material used would be? I find it unsettling that a private citizen could unilaterally dump tons of some material into the Gulf without at least someone vetting the potential down-side�.

[edit on 13-9-2004 by loam]

[edit on 13-9-2004 by loam]

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Yep,

I saw a program on the discovery science channel where he drops his powder into a storm cloud and the powder mixes with the moisture in a cloud, the powder gets heavy and falls as rain.

the problem was, it would take a fleet of aircraft to cover a hurricane, but it made the storm cloud dissapear with in minutes.

I would not want to be under the storm when all of this rain is released.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
How do we nwo as the U.S. that this isn't the perfect opportunity for the rest of the world, to take it to U.S. When he dumps this powder in this hurricane then it comes to florida and Small Pox ... breaks out or something along those lines. The U.S. people are goign to be affected in so many ways. If the people were smart they would put some kind of diasease that actually takes about 48 hours to set in therefore the diasease will be all over the country in a matter of hours, before we even know that it hit us. What better way to attack the U.S. with Chemical Warfare then through natural diasasters.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
does every thing have to be terror related.

What if dyna-gel works.

A hurricane could be stopped at sea.

just think about it for a minute

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Ok, back on topic....

What is this dyna-gel composed of? Is this like dumping several tons of absorbant plastic in the ocean? Anyone know?

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Yep....already posted....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 9/13/2004 by LadyV]

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1
does every thing have to be terror related.

What if dyna-gel works.

A hurricane could be stopped at sea.

just think about it for a minute

You're at a conspiracy-related site. No matter what the topic, somebody is going to be paranoid enough to think it's a sinister plot. You just sorta learn to ingore them.

On-topic, this is a cool idea, although I do wonder how it's going to affect weather as a whole, with a hurricine just up and disappearing like that.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a dissappearance in a hurricvane would no doubt mess up wind patterns.. which just made me think of something..

a hurrican is like a giant spinning storm.. So what i even if you drop this dyna-gel on it.. Wouldnt the excess wind do something?

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Is this the same material they use to insulate cars with hard-hitting subs??

At any rate...

1. Why mess with nature?! You're not going to win in the long run...
  2. How is this guy going to get clearence from the USAF to fly over this thing?
  3. We've had plenty of hurricanes before Ivan and we'll have plenty more after...what's the rush?

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
they should try to heat a line of water for the hurricane to follow and lead it away to australia or something

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun

• How is this guy going to get clearence from the USAF to fly over this thing?

• Unless martial law has been declared, I assume he'd need FAA clearance, not USAF.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 09:30 PM
    link   

Originally posted by Kakarox
    they should try to heat a line of water for the hurricane to follow and lead it away to australia or something

Hurricanes are fueled with warm-hot water.....

top topics

join