It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antartica 2012

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by cookiemonster32
Anyone considered that they might release a super virus that has been locked up in the lake down there that will wipe us out???

Don't know if I'm doing this right. Please be patient with me as I figure out how to respond to who. Anyway I agree with you. If they are going to do this, they need to be very careful. Sometimes taking a risk can bring you gain, but sometimes it can bring you pain. Hey that rhymes, Sorry, I get silly sometimes. But this thread is definately food for thought.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Doesn't Godzilla rest in the icy waters off of Japan,Pinky are you pondering what I'm pondering.

Great post OP this has been one of my favorite topics on ATS over the past year or so.Unfortunately I suspect if they find something groundbreaking we will never hear of it.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Thank you very much for posting this!
I found it very interesting to read

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I just wanted to thank you also for an entertaining,interesting post which also as REAL evidence to back it up and plenty of informative links provided. Ive always believed that there will be huge discoveries to be found in that region and whether they are the more mundane(new species etc) or the fantastical(hollow earth etc) I hope that we do get find out whats down there and not have to keep speculating due to the authorities keeping us in the dark.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Great post - please keep us updated on any more information you come across. I really wonder how tapping into those would affect OUR immediate lives...oceanic/coast level changes and affects on animals? Interesting!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Well even if you tap into an ancient lake that contains a dormant virus that humanity hasn't been exposed to in thousands of years, why not just load it into an anonomous jet and spray the lake water around the globe as a chemtrail. Why not? No one will know unless you tell them. Maybe it is the T-cell virus that animates the dead, yay, zombies to kill!!!

No really, if they want to spray ancient lake water from Antarctica on me I'll volunteer. I'll even drink it, as long as there is no drilling oil in it, just water from the lake. Scientists who are not historians seem to be ignorant of history.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSleepCreep

Hi! New around here. Is there an scientific explanation on that metal mass? also. how exactly do you know that it is top secret now?
What kind of source gave the information?
What kind of metal?
I have a lot of questions of course but any "normal"indivvidual would. Isnt that right?
If someone says that that and that is made top secret then that someone must explain how the information was obtained and where the next information are coming from if the matter is "top secret"
Sorry for all these questions but I think that you will agree on the matter.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthIncarnate

I tend to believe that they have already completed drilling. Like all major governments of the world they would withhold any information until they saw fit to release it.

Makes me think of "Project Blue Book". Just a thought.

Hoaxed "Discoveries'
What is important to understand in the first step is that those earthquakes will hit at different parts of the world where scientific and archaeological teachings have indicated that arcane mysteries have been buried. By those types of earthquakes, it will be possible for scientists to rediscover those arcane mysteries which will be used to discredit all fundamental religious doctrines. This is the first preparation for the plan for humanity because what they want to do is destroy the beliefs of all Christians and Muslims on the planet. To do that, they need some false 'proof' from the far past that will prove to all nations that their religions have all been misinterpreted and misunderstood.

Source

I do not have time atm to look into earthquakes in that region but, it would seem worth considering.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by panda001
reply to post by TheSleepCreep

Hi! New around here. Is there an scientific explanation on that metal mass? also. how exactly do you know that it is top secret now?
What kind of source gave the information?
What kind of metal?
I have a lot of questions of course but any "normal"indivvidual would. Isnt that right?
If someone says that that and that is made top secret then that someone must explain how the information was obtained and where the next information are coming from if the matter is "top secret"
Sorry for all these questions but I think that you will agree on the matter.

Yep! I agree...
It's a bit the downside off all the information contained here. It's all a bit disorganised and not very structured.
Quite frustrating sometimes!
Nevertheless the thread is interesting. Donno about the whole James Bond approach to it though... maybe it's just a place of great scientific interest because it has preserved traces of historical life.
Maybe the magnetic anomaly is just... a magnetic anomaly.
My guess is that the little impatient, fame-thirsty, neglecting, amnesic human beeings we are will soil that last piece of virgin Earth at the exact moment we will pop that ice cap...

A next subject for a topic: "Why can't Humans process/learn from History?"

Peace

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
...First one to skinny-dip in one is the winner.

hahaha

thanks for making me laugh, been hungover all day and needed cheering up!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I have no doubt they will find microbial life. I like to HOPE that they will find some more advanced organisms, but I just don't know that they will.

I'm curious as to the depth of this lake. It's mentioned how long and wide it is, but how deep is it? Deep as in, from the surface of the lake, how far down is solid ground? Is the surface of the lake pretty much butted up against ice? Is there 15-20 feet of air between the surface of the lake and ice? Those, for some reason, are the details that I would be interested in. Also, how are they going to explore it and find out what the metal concentration is? Robots? Are they gonna just drill straight down to the metal concentration?

I know they were worried at one point about the drill bit contaminating the waters when it broke through the ice... Just makes me wonder how they're going to do their exploring without contamination.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qemyst
I know they were worried at one point about the drill bit contaminating the waters when it broke through the ice... Just makes me wonder how they're going to do their exploring without contamination.

Last I read, they had plans to use conventional drilling until they were close to the surface of the lake--say within ten meters or something--then stop drilling, retract all of the drilling equipment out of the shaft, and lower a specially-constructed probe all the way to the bottom. The probe looks kinda like the stub of a pencil, and they lower it "headfirst" or with the tip pointing down because it is designed so that the entire "nosecone" tip stays warm. The warmth of the tip of the probe will allow it to sink, very slowly and gently, through the remaining few meters of ice, without making a tunnel that would expose the lake to modern surface conditions, because the ice melted by the tip of the probe will reform behind it.

Finally, the probe will stop within a few feet of the lake boundary, anchor itself into the ice, and open a cargo area that contains the probe that will actually enter the waters of the lake. This smaller probe was built in one of the best "clean room" environments available, and sealed hermetically in its cargo box before leaving the room. It's never been touched by human hands and has been made as sterile as human tech can make it.
After it is released from the cargo box of the larger probe, the smaller "clean" probe will slip through the ice in the same way the first probe did, and eventually, after moving far enough away from the first probe for the ice to seal it off, the second probe will enter the lake.

$10 says it breaks right after that. Murphy was an optimist.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I do not believe there are any "clandenstine" motives behind the Lake Vostok drilling endeavors, and I would offer this as evidence:

Popular Science, October 2011, pg. 39 "Drilling for extreme life"

Direct quote from the article "The Search is On"

"For the past 20 million years, Lake Vostok has been sealed beneath the Antarctic Ice Sheet. This winter, after nearly 22 years of work, Russian researchers will use mechanical and thermal drills to punch through the final 100 feet before liquid water. Microbes found in Vostok could inform the search for life on the Jovian ice moon Europa, for which a mission could launch in the next decade, and other moons in our solar system thought to contain bodies of liquid water, such as Enceladus and Ganymede."

There are other descriptions on the page detailing the processes they are utilizing to minimize environmental impact, etc. Unfortunately, I do not have a scanner, or I would provide a complete article for consumption.

Seeker

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Addendum:

www.popsci.com...

I was not aware of this...
Seeker

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Tsurugi

Not challenging your input but have you got a source for that? Would be a good read..., Cheers mate!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TOMFROMOZ
reply to post by Tsurugi

Not challenging your input but have you got a source for that? Would be a good read..., Cheers mate!

Originally I read it in some science magazines, one of which was Popular Science. Dunno which issues exactly.... I will see if I can dig up some info on melting probes tho....

Not sure how much info this one has...
ueaeprints.uea.ac.uk...

These articles say the Russians plan to use a melting probe, but a bit different from what I read. The probe would allow lake water up into the bore, then after it freezes, they would pull it up as a core sample.
failinggracefully.com...

www.physorg.com...

I'll have to go dig through my old stacks of nerd magazines and see if I can come up with the articles. I know one was Popular Science. But I recall reading several articles on the same subject, several years ago, with great illustrations. Not sure if they were talking specifically about this Russian project tho, doesn't seem to be the same.
edit on 1/30/2012 by Tsurugi because: Punctuation fail.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by KaiserSouszay
...Pinky are you pondering what I'm pondering.

HEY! Thats my line!!

But seriously... I think antarctica has many discoveries awaiting us. I cant wait to hear what they come up with down there...
edit on 31-1-2012 by jta79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
OMG I know what's down there! As soon as they breach, it'll fart out a rainbow of higher frequency light power that'll go to the different dimension! Or at least, that's what it'll look like when the viruses are causing hallucinations...

Honestly though... if there is life down there, it's probably similar to life as we know it, with mutations to compensate for its particular environment. And it is quite possible that they'll ruin an ecosystem - foreign conditions introduced into a closed system could upset its entire balance. We've seen evidence of this in many cases - introduced species have ravaged the lands in which they are not native, because they have no natural predators; and viruses have threatened to destroy entire civilizations because they had not been introduced to them before, and thus their immune systems didn't have the capability to fight them off.
Or maybe this will be nature's way of destroying the plague that is mankind... by introducing the most deadly and contageous virus we've ever seen!!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthIncarnate

The first thing I thought of was isostatic pressure explained in detail in Graham Hancock's book Underworld.The pressure is indeed great upon the flexible mantle.If the ice were to melt due to some kind of pole shift the surrounding seafloor would sink and the Antarctic would rise to tremendous heights increasing the sq.miles of the continent quite a bit.The pressure of the ice upon the aquifer would make a very powerful artisian spring.With no pump needed,only a valve,they could have a large source of safe drinking water for certain individuals.Nestle would have incentive to poison all the Earths water sources and reap maximum profits if it fell into their control.Doubtless there is vast quantities of oil deposited on the continent as well.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Russian scientists preparing to explore the "most alien lake on Earth," Lake Vostok, have reportedly not been in touch with American colleagues in over five days.

Source

It could just be bad weather... or it could be much worse. Probably bad weather, but the sci-fi feek in me can't get past The Mountains of Madness or The Thing...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join