It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Speculation starts - Michelle Obama ... US Senate Run in 2016

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Oh gawd ... :shk: I can see it now ... we'd need a whole new forum here .. 'The Obamas'

She told Gayle King that she isn't interested in running for office.
But since when has that stopped anyone? Speculaton begins. God help us all ...

The Daily Caller

Newsmax

Some trial balloons float, while others pop. It may be 2016 before we know whether “The McLaughlin Group” TV show host John McLaughlin’s fearless prediction that Michelle Obama will run for U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk’s seat four years hence floats. Or pops.

At this point, though, the first lady says she never has been interested in holding political office. At least, that’s what she told Gayle King during an interview in her White House for “The Early Show” on CBS last week. Yes, in the same interview in which Mrs. Obama rejected descriptions of her as an “angry black woman,” she also said she never will be interested in becoming a politician, either.

In November 2016, Illinois voters will decide who they want to occupy the U.S. Senate seat that Barack Obama once filled, and Republican Kirk now holds

More speculation here

Honestly .. I can't see her running. She can sit back and gather in the perks of having been 'first lady' for the past four years and not have to lift a finger. She can get big $$$ by giving speeches or whatever, and that'll keep her in those $700 sneakers and $1200 sundresses. She might have to cut back on the multi-million $$ vacations, maybe only spend a few hundred thousand (sarcasm). But it is the easy life for her and if the reports of her saying that life in the white house is hell are correct, I'm sure she wants no part of staying around Washington or having to work for $$$ she could get handed to her as a private citizen simply for showing up at some function. EX-politicians make a fortune on the circuit giving talks etc etc. She could easily do the same .. without the headaches or hard work of being in office.

For reference -
UK Daily Mail - Michelle Obama on being first lady - 'It’s hell. I can’t stand it!
Michelle Obama has ... of course ... denied saying this.

And of course, who can forget the 'all that for a damn flag' comment while shaking her head.
www.youtube.com...

She isn't senate material ... but I suppose that wouldn't stop people from voting for her.
Anyways - my prediction - she won't run. She'll take the perks and run to the nearest hammock to relax.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
She sees the path of Hillary Clinton and wants a return trip to the White House as the Head woman in charge far more even even Hillary did. That is all that makes sense. Michelle as a Senator would be a demotion from the Queen Bee she's been playing as the grand entertainer and vacationer for the last 3 years....unless it were a means to and end at returning.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
A Nightmare? How's this for a nightmare?

Hillary running for Prez with Michelle as VP?

Cat fights in the Oval office? What would the Secret Service do?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
A Nightmare? How's this for a nightmare? Hillary running for Prez with Michelle as VP?
Cat fights in the Oval office? What would the Secret Service do?

Well, there is that, isn't there? It would be entertaining. Prez Hillary telling everyone that her husband was really the first black president and then having the 'angry black woman' vice president get mean all over Hillary ... oh the fun we could have! Yes .. I can see the two of them going at it. You are right. Entertaining.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
Hillary running for Prez with Michelle as VP?

Heck, that would solve our problems. lol.... Michelle would try and pull some community organizer kung fu on Hillary while she just called the crew that did Vince Foster and has Michelle taken for a little ride.... Who knows how these things happen, right? lol... Hillary is JUST ruthless enough to where I'd never trust her if I were in her chain of command either directly below OR above her.

top topics

join