It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voluntary Governance - How Do We Achieve It?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I just finished watching Thrive, and it was very interesting to say the least, one of the best documentaries on the workings of the world (especially the idea of Torus and Vector Equilibrium etc. !!).

Just one thing, the only way we can achieve ANYTHING in terms of change to things such as education, healthcare and free energy, we would have to get rid of the Governments that that are forced upon us, and we would have to Govern ourselves.

Thrive states (on their website) that Involuntary Governance is this:

Today, involuntary governance is all that exists. When you step back to look at what government really is, it basically comes down to a group of people who are granted more power than the rest of us. They are able to make laws that we have to obey, they are able to charge us money in the form of taxes without our consent, they are able to put us in jail if we don’t go along with their self-proclaimed power, and they are able to go to war – with our money – without our approval.

The article then goes on to explain that we would have to get rid of our Governments. Here's my problem ... HOW?! In Egypt and such places, they went through a revolution, with violent protests, to be able to topple their Government, but another involuntary Government will always replace it. Thrive states that one solution is through Electoral Reforms (like that's ever worked), and there are other solutions, to other problems, put forward for speculation in their "Solutions" tab at their website:

www.thrivemovement.com...

I agree, that we must get rid of our Governments and Govern ourselves, at the community level, but I just don't see it happening anytime soon. People are brainwashed into thinking that they need the Government for protection, but as the website states, Government is the leading cause of deaths in the world, over 200 million in just 100 years through wars alone (think how many more through Eugenics/Medicine etc.).

I would ask this kind of thing on Facebook, but my family are just as much "sheeple" as the regular people we talk about here on ATS, so I put it forward to the brilliant minds here:

HOW do we get rid of a Government? Would it take a violent revolution? Would it simply be a case of storming our Governmental buildings? WHAT?

...let's see some imaginative ideas. I don't condone violence, but if that's what it would take, then that's what it would take, I can accept that the world wouldn't be free unless it was the only way.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Self Governance is a great idea...and among like minded people, it's realistic on a small scale, I suppose. Occupy Camps are/were a modern version of it...and communes are/were another. It takes work though. Self-Governance isn't for lazy people, as odd as it sounds..but the alternative is having others do the work for you. That means a government..and I agree, isn't it staggering how quickly it reverts back to that when people realize the fun is over and work sucks..they want to return to normal life.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
First, the oligarchs need to put down their guns. You cant voluntarily participate in a thing when there's a gun pressed to head encouraging your participation.

Second, we need to trust our neighbors. Too many people seem to believe that without that gun pressed to everyones head their next-door neighbor would turn into a flesh-eating child rapist over night.

Third, we need to stop pussy-footing around the ones who are in fact flesh-eating child rapists. Exile or termination.

Once these fear hurdles are jumped voluntary cooperation with trust can begin.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Self-Governance isn't for lazy people, as odd as it sounds..but the alternative is having others do the work for you. That means a government..and I agree, isn't it staggering how quickly it reverts back to that when people realize the fun is over and work sucks..they want to return to normal life.

I agree, self-governance isn't for lazy people. I see involuntary governance like we have today as lazy, as people are willing to live with everything on a plate for them, such as healthcare (in Britain anyway) and benefits. Could you picture today's society having to actually do some work, such as their own farming and building

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
First, the oligarchs need to put down their guns. You cant voluntarily participate in a thing when there's a gun pressed to head encouraging your participation.

I agree, but the question again, how do we get them to do that? If we went near them, then the guns we're talking about would be fired at US

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by domasio

That's the number one problem. They have all the guns and all the prisons and as far as popular opinion is concerned they have all the righteousness.

Hopefully the economic situation just collapses the whole thing into oblivion so we can be free.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by domasio

To a degree we have Voluntary Governance, but it is just at a local level (Mayors, City Council, etc.). And it is not perfect as can be seen through all the investigations going on concerning corruption at the local level.

But the people of those cities and towns have access to their representatives. On a micro level, the populace can and do influence what their reps can and cannot do.

The people rarely have access to those at a National level and it is a rare bird that actually represents them at a national level.

Another big obstacle to Voluntary Governance is political correctness. No matter what decisions are made, there will always be someone who is offended.

Just a opinion that may show my ignorance in this matter.

S&F for ya. This is something I will have to look into much further. Crap! Back to school!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Political correctness could surely be easily sacrificed if EVERYONE is getting the fair share of everything, with free energy, and total freedom?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by domasio

I give to charity, but who is to say I gave a "Fair share?" I give what I can afford. I could probably give more, but if a life changing event were to happen to me, who will give me a fair share? In the long run, I am accountable/responsible to myself, first and foremost. After I have taken care of me, then I can look out for those less fortunate.

And I practice freedom everyday, by doing or saying what I want, where I want, and I can tell you from experiance that I piss people off from time to time.

edit on 17-1-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Start with your neighbourhood, the only way something grassroots can be implemented is from the grassroots. Working examples need to be evidently better than the system they are trying to replace for more people to wanna adopt it.

Start neighbourhood co-ops - things like everyone growing vegetables in the backyards, those who are unwilling or unable to do so themselves, giving permission for others to work their land. If a whole street did this, most of a streets fruit and vegetables could be grown locally and for free (or very cheaply) - the income liberated from this could then be directed to buying solar panels in bulk for example.

And when the streets surrounding the co-op street begin to notice the transformation they too may wish to adopt it.

The only way any of the changes that need to take place will actually happen is by leading examples.

But direct democracy for the most part is only good on a local/communal level - once it starts getting larger in scale problems arise. Experts are needed in the 21st century to make decisions on specific areas, not everyone is capable of understanding every thing.

top topics

join