It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you really think Obama will veto SOPA/PIPA, his administration has been authorizing similar measu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
ICE Seizes More Domains Today, Admin Says “We’ll Be Back”

Yesterday and without warning, US authorities resumed “Operation In Our Sites” seizing several domain names associated with copyright infringement and counterfeiting. Today, yet more domains were added to the growing list. TorrentFreak caught up with one site owner who told us that while they were taken by surprise by a “pointless” seizure, they’ll soon be back.
While undoubtedly quite busy with around 10,000 visitors a day, Re1ease.net was not one the largest sites of its type on the Internet. Indeed, others with significantly higher levels of traffic remain intact, untouched by ICE. “I don’t believe we were doing anything wrong at all. Many higher profile sites remain unaffected,” PiraCee told us. So why was Re1ease singled out? Despite being operated from outside the United States, did they have a bad attitude to DMCA takedowns perhaps?

All the way back in May the Obama administration has authorized the takedown of sites with little to no due process, all in the name of protecting the big media corporations. All SOPA/PIPA would do is give them a leg to stand on once they tried to take down the larger sites.

It seems the massive groundswell of opposition to this bill may finally cause it to die a slow death, but we know that it will only be a matter of time before a new bill sporting a different acronym will be introduced to curtail our freedoms.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
In other words, even if these acts never get passed, the US Government won't stop doing these things?

Doesn't surprise me, many CIA, FBI and Government officials have admitted that they do things that never get officially reported, so as to avoid the law.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
We both know that our presidents looking at signing bills like signing autographs, they never refuse a chance to put their name on ANYTHING. Bill to skin puppies alive on national TV, they'd sign it. Bill chaning the national anthem to Puff the Magic Dragon, they'd sign it with a statement that it must be played in D#.

Autographs, not bills, that's what they're doing.

Derek

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FSBlueApocalypse

I'm puzzled more and more. When Obama came out against SOPA/PIPA, I thought--"What the hell. They're already doing this stuff." When they first started, I knew then that they wouldn't stop at counterfeit T-shirts and bookbags; I mean, once they have an organization in place for this kind of thing, they have to go on forever simply to justify its existence.

What the hell...?

top topics

join