It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S Government wants names of ALL who used Occupy hashtag

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
www.crikey.com.au...

Just before Christmas, she learnt that the Boston District Attorney Benjamin A. Goldberger had contacted Twitter and demanded user information about “Guido Fawkes, @p0isonANon, @occupyBoston, #BostonPD, #d0xcak3” in what is called an administrative subpoena, commonly issued by law enforcement agencies to holders of information such as telecommunications companies. The subpoena itself is bizarre and quickly became an internet laughing stock, as it got the #occupy account for Boston wrong (it’s @occupy_Boston, inter alia), it spelt @DoxCak3 wrongly, and purported to subpoena information about any account that used the hashtags #BostonPD and #d0xcak3. (“Guido Fawkes” isn’t a reference to the British blogger but the pseudonym of the holder of the account @p0isonANon i.e. it’s redundant). But in trying to subpoena a hashtag, the Boston DA, one Benjamin A. Goldberger, either through a lack of understanding of social media, or as part of an extraordinary international fishing expedition, has sought information about anyone who used the hashtags in a tweet during the dates identified in the subpoena.

NDAA, SOPA, now wanting to know ANYONE who ever used #occupy hashtag. the power hungry elite/u.s government are out of control

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Hasn't Boston been the source of other crazy things for getting information using Occupy as the pretext? Sounds like another Witch-hunt going on up in Mass and it's Boston this time, not Salem. Sometimes I'm glad to be in Missouri.

They won't even appreciate the irony in the fact that their actions are the very things which fueled the anger and frustrations Occupy was born from in the first place.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by CoolStoryMan

Well Mr Obama here is another one.... #occupy

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Look we all know it's coming, we're gonna ohh and ahh over every development, and when, oh when lord... when's gonna be our time? When SOPA is real? When the Expatriation act is real? When they start disappearing Occupiers to an undisclosed location?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
#occupy
#d0xcak3
#occupytogether
#occupy the world.

US Government #comeatmebro.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Well Mr Obama here is another one.... #occupy

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I swear - the USA is just a big preschool prison! I feel like the rest of the world is free to just BE, whilst here in the USA we 'have' to be censored, monitored, guarded, baby sat just because its ' in our best interests...' and 'for our own good....'

.....yea, right...

NO!

Not to go too off topic but still along similar lines:
- I found this paragraph while doing an info search for another post and it really pissed me off, big time!

Late Friday afternoon, Rep. Lamar Smith (R-Texas), said he planned tone down enforcement powers that would be granted by the proposed Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA). A new version would not include the most controversial provision, which would have enabled federal authorities to "blacklist" domains that were alleged to be involved in distribution of pirated content, effectively cutting portions of the Web off from all U.S. users.

"After consultation with industry groups across the country, I feel we should remove Domain Name System blocking from the Stop Online Piracy Act so that the Committee can further examine the issues surrounding this provision," Smith, one of SOPA's chief backers, said in a statement. "We will continue to look for ways to ensure that foreign websites cannot sell and distribute illegal content to U.S. consumers."

"illegal content"
aka WHAT THEY DO NOT WANT US TO SEE!!!!!

WHY do we have to be so sheltered?!? Who the hell is in charge of this zoo - a jackass?!?!

I am so sick of it! Its time for a total system overhaul - And I hope its messy!

edit on 17/1/12 by ThatGuy45 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
And that same moron who doesn't even take the time to understand his "enemy", is the same guy who will send you to the camps.

Wonderful isn't it?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Why don't they just have the boys at ECHELON figure it out?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThatGuy45
I swear - the USA is just a big preschool prison! I feel like the rest of the world is free to just BE, whilst here in the USA we 'have' to be censored, monitored, guarded, baby sat just because its ' in our best interests...' and 'for our own good....'

Well if it bothers you at all why don't you do something about it? No person who sits around while oppression grows will ever be free.

Continuing along the same path and expecting a different result is a symptom of insanity.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ThatGuy45

You're wrong that the rest of the world just gets to "be" while America is censored. You live here, so it seems that way, but it's not true. There are plenty of places, developed countries, take, China, for instance, where it's legit to block certain websites. No one says anything. It's legit there to control how many children you have, for God's sake. And countries like Pakistan have blocked Facebook entirely because of the "draw Muhammad" day. Countries in Africa don't even have internet to block because their leaders don't build infrastructure for the people. And North Korea, well, they think their leader is God and don't even realize the outside world exists. So yeah. There is some crazy stuff going down in the US these days but we are not nearly as censored and controlled as we think we are and definitely don't nearly as controlled as other people in the world. We have a remarkable amount of freedom here and the funniest thing is that people squander it and give it up.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacekc929
reply to post by ThatGuy45

There is some crazy stuff going down in the US these days but we are not nearly as censored and controlled as we think we are and definitely don't nearly as controlled as other people in the world. We have a remarkable amount of freedom here and the funniest thing is that people squander it and give it up.

The fact that you have "more" freedom than others is no excuse for sitting back while those freedoms are taken from you too.

It's like a person committing murder using "yeah, but others cut up the bodies, I didn't!" as some form of defense.

It's sensible to add that so many are willing to give it up to. Very true.

I wonder if I'm on that #occupy list? I used it quite regularly

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

.....yea, right...

NO!

Not to go too off topic but still along similar lines:
- I found this paragraph while doing an info search for another post and it really pissed me off, big time!

Late Friday afternoon, Rep. Lamar Smith (R-Texas), said he planned tone down enforcement powers that would be granted by the proposed Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA). A new version would not include the most controversial provision, which would have enabled federal authorities to "blacklist" domains that were alleged to be involved in distribution of pirated content, effectively cutting portions of the Web off from all U.S. users.

"After consultation with industry groups across the country, I feel we should remove Domain Name System blocking from the Stop Online Piracy Act so that the Committee can further examine the issues surrounding this provision," Smith, one of SOPA's chief backers, said in a statement. "We will continue to look for ways to ensure that foreign websites cannot sell and distribute illegal content to U.S. consumers."

"illegal content"
aka WHAT THEY DO NOT WANT US TO SEE!!!!!

WHY do we have to be so sheltered?!? Who the hell is in charge of this zoo - a jackass?!?!

I am so sick of it! Its time for a total system overhaul - And I hope its messy!

edit on 17/1/12 by ThatGuy45 because: (no reason given)

its because America the Great Nation has just become America the Empire. BIG f'ing difference and wish ron paul would wake up and use the term EMPIRE more...because that is what it is

as such...america's government agencies and programs went from "servicing citizens", aka post office , etc...to one as a tool of more and control or social conditioning. so the big brothering is an end result of groupthink and losing focus...its also probably because the government in all facets is INFILTRATED by traitors against the constitution. lets be HONEST about it

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The only thing that would stop these nutcases in our government from doing these things is unfortunately, physical punishment, and I'm talking whippings and multiple contusions and assorted abrasions is what it will take to get the message through to these authoritarians. Good luck using any other method...

I'm not saying anyone "should" do it, I'm just saying that's what it will take to get them to stop.

The same goes for dishonest news reporters and even the shill hollywood type hosts.

Implementation would be quite risky, however...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

The joke is that it's an absurd lack of understanding.
That list would be tens of thousands of names and be all over the world. There is nothing they could do.
People opposed to the occupation would be using the same hashtags.
edit on 17-1-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dainoyfb

Well if it bothers you at all why don't you do something about it? No person who sits around while oppression grows will ever be free.

Continuing along the same path and expecting a different result is a symptom of insanity.

What exactly can we do about it? Without getting put in prison or being harassed? What do you purpose?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
i am a proud proud member of OCCUPY BACON.

even after the posts about it causing cancer, did they also not just point out in research here on ats they lied about sunscreen and that the sun does not cause cancer?

WHO can you believe anymore

I am going to Occupy my house and BACON. till i die from cancer or some disease they spread

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
i wonder how many people used the #occupying bathroom tag???

lol...

seems like the boston PD needs more to do...
maybe they should try to 'protect and serve' the human being citizens, and not the fake human being corporate entities...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

They can get all of the names, or at least a lot of them, by looking at the registered democrats in their districts. The reason is because most of these OWS morons voted for the very politicians that are responsible for the mess that they are protesting, and they will vote for them again later this year, but they are too stupid to realize it.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

They can get all of the names, or at least a lot of them, by looking at the registered democrats in their districts. The reason is because most of these OWS morons voted for the very politicians that are responsible for the mess that they are protesting, and they will vote for them again later this year, but they are too stupid to realize it.

you heard it here folks...
all democrats are stupid morons that protest...

since i am a stupid moron, please tell me, who are you supporting???
is it Ron Paul by chance???
i am not going to tell you how i knew that... i am sure all the stupid morons of the country get it...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join