It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rape in the Military

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Warpspeed perhaps you can answer a question for me since you have been to prison yourself.

Are male inmates with feminine features often the target of these gang rapes?

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
If you think about it, there are many similarities between prison and the military environment.

You are enclosed, have your individuality deliberately and completely removed. Hard discipline and a very regimented lifestyle. Everything has to be done exactly the same precise way, and so on. It does not surprise me at all that these same stresses cause people to react in similar ways.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Shadow, the bullying that goes on in prison is exactly the same as the bullying that goes on in every school yard. The guards are like the teachers. We have all seen this.

It is the weak and weedy kid, the shy kid with no friends, he is the one that gets his lunch stolen. It has nothing to do with masculine/feminine characteristics. It is a POWER thing, it has nothing to do with sex either.

Every prison is divided into sections for different types of offenders, and every section has its "King" or bully. The trick is to not challenge the King, or be the weakest. It is all pretty basic mob psychology. Packs of wild dogs behave in exactly the same manner, and who ever heard of gay dogs !

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Well I have one thing to say about rapists.

... Kill em slowly by roasting over a hot fire.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Shadow you should watch American History X prison sequence. The elements of humiliation, control, dominance, and pain inherent in rape are why its done among inmates and gang members.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Warpspeed
Shadow, the bullying that goes on in prison is exactly the same as the bullying that goes on in every school yard. The guards are like the teachers. We have all seen this.

It is the weak and weedy kid, the shy kid with no friends, he is the one that gets his lunch stolen. It has nothing to do with masculine/feminine characteristics. It is a POWER thing, it has nothing to do with sex either.

Every prison is divided into sections for different types of offenders, and every section has its "King" or bully. The trick is to not challenge the King, or be the weakest. It is all pretty basic mob psychology. Packs of wild dogs behave in exactly the same manner, and who ever heard of gay dogs !

You may not believe this but even animals have Gay sex.

"Although no definite research has been done on the subject, homosexuality has been observed, in both zoos and in the wild, among many species including dolphins, gorillas, orang-utans, chimpanzees and elephants."

www.rnw.nl...

I dont think rape in prison is so simple as its a control thing. Just the fact that rape goes to sexual release is proof of that. If you wanted to exert your power that can be done with rape but why the need to rape until orgasm. There is a sexual part to rape that cant be overlooked.

Think about street gangs that is all about control and power. But people in gangs dont go around raping other men like they do in Prison. This is because they have access to women and sex. So when a street gang member wants to exert power or control the beat up or kill someone they dont rape them.

When a man in prison is sold as a sex slave against his will in prison for a pack of cigs or whatever that is still rape. The person that paid for that person is raping that man as often they are tricked or forced into these situations against there will. I dont think thats about control as much as sex.

Rape is not a simple black and white thing there are many grey areas

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Originally posted by Warpspeed

When a man in prison is sold as a sex slave against his will in prison for a pack of cigs or whatever that is still rape. The person that paid for that person is raping that man as often they are tricked or forced into these situations against there will. I dont think thats about control as much as sex.

Rape is not a simple black and white thing there are many grey areas

Hey Shadow, just tell 'em to read the posts you and i had going earlier in this thread... i think we covered it pretty well...

[edit on 14-9-2004 by thethrall_nb]

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by thethrall_nb

Hey Shadow, just tell 'em to read the posts you and i had going earlier in this thread... i think we covered it pretty well...

[edit on 14-9-2004 by thethrall_nb]

Yeah thethrall_nb that was the best debate I had on a ATS thread
I got to hear some great views and got to share some of my own. It didn't turn into something where we both not listening to each others views. I addmitt I learned from your views and I think I walked away with a better understanding of the topic.

Denying ingorance at it best

top topics

<< 1   >>

join