It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The world may hate the U.S., but what would they do without us?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
On another thread I asked the following question:

The world may hate the U.S., but what would they do without us?

I want to know your opinion. Keep in mind that this thread's parameters are: The U.S. had never come into being.

What would be different (in the "hate" department)? Would we be "hating" some other country?

Of course we would. So, is it the country they hate or is it the system (worldwide) they hate????

Food for thought...
edit on 16/1/2012 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

well the fault is in the false "we"..

so further "we" only despise a certain amount of "yous" while on the other hand "we" only embrace another certain amount of the other "yous"

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

They would continue to build without the influence of America. The problem is America does not allow a lot of developing countries to expand.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unvarnished

They would continue to build without the influence of America. The problem is America does not allow a lot of developing countries to expand.

And that is different from what was before the U.S. how?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Just a theory but in all honesty probability switch their attention to China (as the superpower in waiting).

Look at history - it was us before you, Spanish and Ottomans before them, Byzantines before them, Romans before them, Greeks before them - if you rule you get the vitriol.
edit on 16-1-2012 by Flavian because: inability to spell ;-)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Just a theory but in all honesty probably switch their attention to China (as the superpower in waiting).

Look at history - it was us before you, Spanish and Ottomans before them, Byzantines before them, Romans before them, Greeks before them - if you rule you get the vitriol.

Thank you for that. That's exactly my point!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I think you're right to say if the US never existed, there would be another entity marauding the world under the guise of democracy. I also wonder if western art, culture and entertainment would be less watered down.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
This sounds like another "The USA is important and nothing would be good without them" thread

No worries though, i don't hate the USA.

Not many things would be different in my opinion. Yeah, the Americans can argue all they want about technological advancements, but the truth is, they were going to be discovered anyway.
edit on 16-1-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
This sounds like another "The USA is important and nothing would be good without them" thread

How do you get that from my OP?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I was only joking mate

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
They would probably stop feeling they have an 800 lb gorilla on their backs. It's a good thing to be patriotic about our country, but we have to take the blind folds off and ignore the propaganda. The U.S. has caused a lot of problems in the world and a lot of countries would like us to stay out of their business.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
More than likely, live in peace without an invasion to force a country to be a member of Central Banking.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
They would probably stop feeling they have an 800 lb gorilla on their backs. It's a good thing to be patriotic about our country, but we have to take the blind folds off and ignore the propaganda. The U.S. has caused a lot of problems in the world and a lot of countries would like us to stay out of their business.

Originally posted by AnswerSeeker2012
More than likely, live in peace without an invasion to force a country to be a member of Central Banking.

Please (re)read my OP.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
If America had never broken free of Britain and let's say France kept a hold of and developed the Louisiana territory, we would probably end up in multiple wars on this continent on behalf of Britain against the French and Spanish interests, as well as sending troops to help fight British wars abroad. Beyond that I cannot imagine how different the world would be and who would take America's place in the future of the heavy handed interventionist superpower

Candidates would be Germany, France, Spain, Russia, China, and perhaps Sweden, India, Persia, or Japan
edit on 16-1-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I think generally people like the American people but hate their foreign policy.

"We" never asked the USA to be the world police, so I think that is where a lot of the animosity comes from.

As for who we'd hate without the USA, that's easy... the French haha

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Thanks OP this is a nice question

If the US had never existed, European countries would have continued their "Empires" longer.
After that Germany would have won the World war and would take over these Empires.

Maybe even they would have taken a large part of Russia.
Japan would have great influence in the larger part of Asia.
Russia would been crippled and China also.
No free trade and no development for China.
African Countries would still be colonies.
The only continent with a bit of freedom and free growth would be South America.
I am nor sure about Australia and NZ, probably under Japanese influence.

new topics

top topics

join