It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We Monkey's? - The Humorous Answer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MentalData

You know that a human child and a chimpanzee baby develope at exactly the same time intellectually till the age of four?

There is always one species better then another. That IS evolution. you just proved it, lol

And yes, monkeys can swim. Every animal can swim if it has to.

Stop spreading such crap.
edit on 18-1-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

They would have us lowered to animal status since it thereupon becomes easier for them to take away our, "inviolable", human rights. Our hubristic atheist friends are oblivious to the fact that they've corralled themselves into their own cow pens.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

you don't even have a grasp of basic biology to continue this conversation. Much less argue against evolution. Understand more about species before making such claims.

Your pathetic attempt to explain away the similiarties to try to make your differences seem effective is just sad.

We are animals, we are mammals, deal with it.

To think we are any more is an egotistical and elitist viewpoint that we are more privelaged and its an outmoded way of thinking.

Our success is due to our (evolved vocal cords) and communication skills, and our ability to raise children for 18 years that gives time to pass on more information. As oppossed to two.

To say we have differences is like saying the platypus isn't an animal because it isn't like the others. You would also have to throw in elephants(who have memories we could only dream of) marsupials, the panda bear. and a dozen other unique animals.

The whales closest living relative is the hippo, completely different animals, both mammals.Both decended from some funky deer.

The elephant is a decendant from a shrew of all things. But is related to the manatee. Again, both completely different animals.

So really, animals have come much further then us evolution wise, since we still look like the chimp and have a lot of the same behaviors, whether you want to believe it or not.

BTW, as for the sex thing, no animal is thinking about procreation when mating.

Even moral awareness has been proven in other primate species. So we are not even unique in that.

There are huge differences between a primate and a cow, sorry charlie but they are both mammals, just like us.

And just because one mammal, us, and another mammal, don't look alike, doesn't make us a non mammal.

My six year old has a better grasp on this.

The definition of an animal:

1: any of a kingdom (Animalia) of living things including many-celled organisms and often many of the single-celled ones (as protozoans) that typically differ from plants in having cells without cellulose walls, in lacking chlorophyll and the capacity for photosynthesis, in requiring more complex food materials (as proteins), in being organized to a greater degree of complexity, and in having the capacity for spontaneous movement and rapid motor responses to stimulation

So unless we turn green from photosynthesis, we are an animal.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

So your saying that every species on earth that God created is an inferior product?

I think God wouldn't like you demeaning his handiwork.

You know what makes every animal superior to us?

They actually have a place and use in the ecology.
edit on 18-1-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Great vid!
Thanks for posting!

Why do monkeys take each other seriously?

Found this somewhere...

EXPERIMENT

Start with a cage containing five monkeys. Inside the cage, hang a banana on a string, and place a set of stairs under it. Before long, a monkey will go to the stairs and start to climb towards the banana. As soon as he touches the stairs, spray all the other monkeys with cold water.

After a while, another monkey makes an attempt with the same result – all the other monkeys are sprayed with cold water. Pretty soon, when another monkey tries to climb the stairs, the other monkeys will try to prevent it.

Now, put away the cold water. Remove one monkey from the cage and replace it with a new one. The new monkey sees the banana and wants to climb the stairs. To his surprise and horror, all of the other monkeys attack him. After another attempt and attack, he knows that if he tries to climb the stairs, he will be assaulted.

Next remove another of the original five monkeys and replace it with a new one. The newcomer goes to the stairs and is attacked. The previous newcomer takes part in the punishment with enthusiasm. Likewise, replace a third original monkey with a new one, then a fourth, then the fifth.

Every time the newest monkey takes to the stairs, he is attacked. Most of the monkeys that are beating him have no idea why they were not permitted to climb the stairs, or why they are participating in the beating of the newest monkey.

After replacing all the original monkeys, none of the remaining monkeys have ever been sprayed with cold water. Nevertheless, no monkey ever again approaches the stairs to try for the banana. Why? Well, as far as they know, that’s the way it’s always been done around here.
edit on 18-1-2012 by LajanAytik because: Sorry, forgot, but remembered I found this on ATS, but unfortunately can't remember the poster. Should he/she recognize this, thanks for that post!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by LajanAytik

I am not sure what you are getting at.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

The OP title says it all.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by LajanAytik

I watched an experiment this morning that showed humans sitting in a room filling out forms that started filling with smoke. About half would respond and say something.

But when placed with actors who did not respond and did not react, most people followed suit and stayed sitting too.

So yes, pretty much the same thing.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

chimps do not swim...a four year old can read, sing, talk and explain themselves prob better than you can..educate yourself, awaken to the dumbness of society that you subscribe to

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

When did I say we are not mammals? The rest of your point is moot after that. All animals have similar organs who's debating that? Same creator. If we are the "youngest" of the animals, why are we the most intelligent creation to ever walk the earth? Somewhere evolution got it all wrong. The oldest creatures would have had more time to "evolve" wouldn't they? So it should be a shark educating you right now instead of a practically new species in terms of your timeline, no?

Or better yet a monkey since that is our "ancestor". Then why do I study him instead of vice versa?

Darwin was a fool and I feel sorry for any child learning from you.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

www.blackpineanimalpark.com/Animals/chimps.htm

Chimps don't swim like I said

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Mod. Interuption.

Okay, folks, that's enough.

Keep it civil, or don't post.
edit on 1/18/2012 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

EDIT: I dont think we are from ape/monkeys
on QI the other night they showed what
appeared to be three pics of a mouse,
hedgehog and a mole mr fry asked what
the animals in the pics were and they were
all wrong on the three above
they were all one species and have just
checked to see if i got it right and yes
they are called TENRECS
which means animals can have the same
looks but be of a different species.
edit on 18/1/2012 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

edit on 18/1/2012 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Oh never mind.
There's too much to say and it's been said before in other threads.

I'm guessing you're of a religious bent and refuse to accept any sort of tried, tested and proven fact (again covered in other threads) and keep pulling out the same old tired hoaxes as if they're proof of anything other than the devious nature of some people.

Your comments are obviously from a position of willful ignorance and you could do well to educate yourself more about the complex interactions and interrelationships of all the organisms on this planet.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

No not self-entitled, the entitlement was given seeing that we DO have dominion over every other creature is not debatable. If you allow your ignorance to dismiss every other point that was made then join the rest of the darwinists or whatever you consider yourself.

Answer me this, if you really are just another animal same as a dog or what have you,

then why do you clothe yourself?
Cook your food?
live in a mathematically constructed home?
drive machines with complex systems?
communicate with me on a computer?
know your position in the heavens?
Plan events?
Design?
create art?
maybe write music?
Debate?
read?
pray?(or maybe you don't)
believe anything? (do other species believe anything?)
bury your dead?
use electricity?
etc etc

This is a short list of human abilities or traits that no other creature would even be able to or even want to contemplate, the most intelligent are still simple in comparison.
Yes we share the same physical make-up as the other mammals, but the mind IS everything IS who you are
IS what makes you. To deny that is to deny yourself. Certainly we ARE our own species. ALWAYS have been just as chimps have ALWAYS lived in trees..just the way it is

top topics

<< 1   >>

join