It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joplin Missouri Getting Hit Again?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I live in Joplin and yes the May 2011 tornado was bad. How bad? So bad the Gov lied to the American public on many levels including death toll........but thats another thread.....

I typically don’t start threads in this forum but the “animal” senses are making me do it……….

There are many threads here on ATS of personal pets freaking out prior to some type of natural disaster.

We have a cat and this morning she was acting very odd. Very secluded compared to other mornings as she typically begs for the food bowl to be filled. I really did not think much about it until my employee told me how her dog acted last night and this morning……

Her dog is totally “freaking” out. She woke up to her dog standing over her pillow staring at her just a couple inches from her face. Her dog would not leave her side all morning as she prepared for work………

Our weather here is not even close to being one of our typical winters. Yesterday seemed as if spring has arrived. Today the high will hit close to 70 with winds from the south gusting around 50 mph…..

Joplin is not too far from those earthquakes down in Oklahoma and Arkansas were the “fracking” has occurred.

Based on our present weather conditions, a earthquake is more likely to occur compared to other type of weather related natural disaster…….

Maybe these pets actions are something or nothing at all…………

Are there other members around this area having behavioral issues today with their pets?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

I'm in Oklahoma about 30 miles from the "BIG" quake, which rattled us quite a bit.
I've got 4 dogs and a cat and they are all chilled out, nothing weird this morning so far.

Just to add the cat and two dogs were way clingy for about 12 hours after that first quake until about 24 hrs after the big quake. My Lab is 100lbs so it's hard not to notice when he his clingy!

I think it is always smart to be a little more aware when the animals have their "spidy" senses aroused!

edit on 1/16/2012 by HiHoAZaway because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by HiHoAZaway

Like I said it could be nothing............But our weather has been quite strange.......

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Could you be experiencing a major change in air pressure?
Wild swings of the barometer could possibly cause sensitive ears a problem?
50 MPH winds seem to indicate some major weather front moving in or out too.....
Not that there could nt be even deeper vibrationary things going on....
There are a series of recent quakes across the center ofthe country that seem to indicate a long diagonal fault slanted towards mexico previosly unknown to us....
Perhaps they are seensing the vibrations of thiese or echoes of same?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I agree it has been way warmer than usual. Yesterday and today were supposed to be sunny and warm and clear and it has been completely overcast, like out of nowhere. I was just telling my wife yesterday how weird I thought that was. I am probably just "paranoid"

On second thought all of this started happening about the same time as the cruise ship in Italy struck ground!

edit on 1/16/2012 by HiHoAZaway because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

It seems there is strange weather all over the place these days. Up here in Ontario Canada, we had about 6-7 inches of snow on Friday, then bitter cold over the weekend and another possible 6-7 inches tomorrow. We had a very mild winter up until last week more or less.I also have 5 cats so when an earthquake is impending, they get a little more restless. We have had a couple of quakes over 4.0 in the last year in our area, looks like our fault line is waking up as well.Have a nice day, and just keep your eyes and ears open to anything.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
What many here don't know is that Joplin as well as the surrounding area was built on top of mines. Below the city is a maze of tunnels, shafts and openings that stretch for miles.

The St John’s 300+ bed hospital was destroyed by the tornado leaving a 10 story shell of a building. Engineers and officials have "banned" the use of blasting in fear of creating a much larger disaster due to the mines below.

They will have to take down the building piece by piece........

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I am very close to Springfield. My cat wanted me to come pet it today. It was also hungry. Other than this, the wind is blowing.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I just made an account, just to respond to this thread. I am in the same area, and I noticed you posted this on the 16'th...

Sunday night, the 15'th was that wierd "trumpet-grumbling noise" that people have been hearing all over. To me it sounded like the noise that was made during the earthquake we felt in Joplin. High Rushing wind with a Loud Jet engine mixed in. My sister said, to her it sounded like a trumpet'ish sound.

Perhaps that is what spooked your animals ?

new topics

top topics

join