It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today...( recorded in time lapse)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Emerging....

apod.nasa.gov...
Zodiacal Light and the False Dawn

Explanation: Is it dawn or false dawn? During certain times of the year, the horizon near the rising Sun will begin to glow unusually early. This early glow does not originate directly from the Sun, but rather from sunlight reflected by interplanetary dust. Called zodiacal light, the glowing triangle of light may be mistaken, for a while, for a sunrise, and so may be called a false dawn. Pictured above, two false dawns were recorded in time lapse movies each spanning about five hours from the perch of the highest observatory in the world: Mount Saraswati near Hanle, India. At its brightest, the rising zodiacal triangle on the left glows brighter than even the central disk of our Milky Way Galaxy -- visible as the diagonal band moving left to right across the frame.

www.webcamgalore.com...

...its false

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by nii900

I had never heard of the zodiacal light, until about a week ago, when I came across this MSN article about the Quadrantid meteor shower (Jan. 3-4, 2012). Photographer Jeff Berkes went to the Florida Keys, in hope to get some good pics of the meteor shower during it's peak.

This year was a particularly good year for the "Quads," in part because the moon had set by the time the meteor shower really got going. This year's shower was reported to reach a peak rate of roughly 80 shooting stars per hour in the wee hours of Jan. 4.

[color=C2FFED]Berkes benefited from a bonus: the faint glow of the zodiacal light.
You can see it in the picture below:

FYI: Jeff Berkes has many beautiful pics on his website. Gallery

edit on 1/16/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
It gives more of a feeling of how we (Earth) spin and satellite throughout the cosmos. It felt like being on the bow of a mother ship in the cosmic ocean of stars and creation...Mother-Ship Earth.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Very nice, wish we had a view like that in London.

p.s really love that music.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

p.s really love that music.

- The Way We Were -

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Today......Démodés posts --at GodLikeProductions

Lili Marleen
Démodé

Lili Marleen
Dare to say I'm Nazi, just dare to say it!!!

Enjoy the MUSIC instead...

If you don't get me it's because of my ECLECTIC mind.

First i thought 'mi seeing written words - electric mind
then i saw -->

(from wiktionary)

eclectic
/ɛkˈlɛk.tɪk/

Adjectivecomparative: more eclectic; superlative: most eclectic

Selecting a mixture of what appear to be best of various doctrines, methods or styles.
Unrelated and unspecialized; heterogeneous.

Nounplural eclectics

Someone who selects according to the eclectic method.

by giulianopietra on Apr 29, 2008

Marlene Dietrich - all'anagrafe Marie Magdalene Dietrich - (Schöneberg, 27 dicembre 1901 -- Parigi, 6 maggio 1992) è stata un'attrice e cantante tedesca.
Fra le più belle icone del mondo cinematografico della prima metà del Novecento, la Dietrich fu un vero e proprio mito, lasciando un'impronta immortale attraverso le sue immagini, l'interpretazione delle canzoni (arricchite da una ammaliante e sensuale voce), e la sua recitazione. Un mix raramente ripetuto dopo di lei sufficiente a farla entrare nella leggenda dello showbiz quale modello di "femme fatale" per antonomasia.
Grande scrittrice di lettere e diari, ha raccolto nella sua casa di Parigi circa 300.000 testimonianze della sua vita. A Berlino le è stata dedicata una piazza; pare che Bob Dylan si sia ispirato a lei nello scrivere la canzone Forever Young.....
www.youtube.com...
STUPENDO VIDEO E AUDIO. - unottico43
...and i always liked this song

top topics

join