It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Message of Realization for 2012 & Beyond - From Me to You ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Dear Friends,

Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.

When you lose something, do not lose the lesson that came alongside it.

Respect for Self : Respect for Others : Responsibility for all of your actions

Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

Learn the rules of the game, so you will always know how to break them in the correct manor.

Don’t let a meaningless dispute injure a relationship.

When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it, and accept your part in them.

Spend some time alone with yourself, every day.

Open your arms to change, but do not give up your values.

Remember that silence, is sometimes the best answer.

Live a good and honourable life... then when you get older and think back, you’ll be able to enjoy it a second time around.

A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.

In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don’t bring up the past.

Share your knowledge and what you have learned in the past.

This year, go some place you’ve never been before.

Remember the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.

Judge your success by what you had to give up....was it worth it?

Be gentle with mother Earth

Peace, Love, Happiness to all my brothers and sisters out there

edit on 16/1/2012 by Kluute because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
There was once a story of a god who punished a man with a burden. That burden was to push a stone up a hill every single day of his life. At the end of each day the man would struggle to get the stone up the hill inch by inch sweating and straining all the bones in his body. At the end of the day upon a successful arrival upon the top of the hill the rock would tumble down and the man would have to repeat his duty.

Many will say that's life. You get up everyday work your ass off and have the decency to know you did a job well done. Well look at the world of today. What happens when you realize this rock has been nothing but a burden and you have not made a single inch of progress at the end of your life. Will it be worth it then? Will it be fair to bring your child in the world of dogma? Pushing his father's and grandfathers rock up the same hill. Enslaved by the feelings of ''tradition'' and ''discipline''. No, sorry guys but if you watch my post's ill open your eye's a little further and further so when the sun comes shining all the birds can get up early and share the worm.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by BigDogNY

Thank you for your insight.

Love & Guidance.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Loved this

Wise words to live by

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Kluute

All great clichés.

I love clichés. They boil things down to the essence of what is true in my opinion.

These one liners are often described as “Words to live by.”

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Whose message?
www.snopes.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Kluute

It is indeed a nice message, I've received it by email many times over the years. You really should use
ex tags however, and give credit to the Dali Lama, who wrote this.

Use ex tags in this manner. Have a nice evening.

edit on 1/21/2012 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by angeldoll

Apologies if the message was misunderstood - I do not mean to take any credit from this, the messages are just perfect and need sharing!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
No harm done, Great message nonetheless

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by BigDogNY

Maybe the god was waiting, hoping the man would figure out that he could push just a little bit more and reach a plateau. Or maybe put something there to hold the rock in place for the next day's pushing. Or maybe figure out a way to get that rock up the hill utilizing intelligence rather than sheer brawn. Maybe the man disappointed himself as well as the god. Maybe the man needed to think.

Move beyond that hill, beyond the rock. Even if the god told the man to push the rock, did he have to do it? He chose to follow the command. He could have lived his life just fishing, if he'd chosen to. That rock didn't have to define his life. He allowed it to.

new topics

top topics

join