It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan will honor US sanctions on Iran.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Iranian oil makes up about 10% of Japans crude oil and Japan has told Washington DC they will do what it takes to cut Iran's imports from their oil supplies. Just wanted to post this since we're hearing all about China, India, and Russia saying No to US sanctions on Iran.

Iranian oil imports to be cut to aid U.S. pressure: Azumi

www.japantimes.co.jp...

LONDON — Japan is ready to reduce crude oil imports from Iran to help Washington put pressure on Tehran to give up its nuclear program, Finance Minister Jun Azumi said Thursday in Tokyo.

Speaking at a joint news conference after a one-hour meeting with U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner, Azumi said Japan will further reduce its reliance on Iran, the source of approximately 10 percent of its crude oil supply.

Iran's disputed nuclear program "is a global concern," Azumi said, adding Japan "understands the actions taken by the United States."

"We will take measures that will reduce imports (from Iran) in a planned manner," he said.

Geithner, who was in Beijing before arriving in Tokyo on Thursday, also asked China's leaders to consider cutting oil imports from Iran, which is defying the global community by enriching uranium beyond the point needed for power generation and close to that needed to make weapons. But Beijing reportedly refused to cooperate with Washington.

Japan and the U.S. "will work closely to substantially increase pressure on Iran," Geithner said at the news conference while welcoming Tokyo's support.

edit on 15-1-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Always ask yourself why, then think of where the money fits in.

Japan is gonna need a few billion ,to help with the on-going radiation clean up.

Guess who is gonna bank roll that.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Oh for sure. Japan and the US have a good thing going, they're not gonna ruin that for 10% of their crude oil supply.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I'm not sure which news story is right, but simply saying confusion is the order of the day might be accurate here. I'd posted this at another site earlier and found it odd to come across yours here.

Japan also is drifting towards Iran, backtracking from its promise last week to back American sanctions aimed at persuading Iran to halt its unsupervised nuclear development.
Source

Now yours is the 13th while this one says it's the 15th but is 2 days that large a difference or is the Media simply lost as to what is coming or going here? I'm leaning toward the latter but who knows at the moment. So much we aren't seeing or hearing.....

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Europe is about to decide if it will still buy Iranian oil, I can well imagine the outcome. I guess having since gained at least a foothold in Libya now "they" are feeling confident. It all comes together, as if by magic...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

That website you got there is, well, maybe wrong, but who knows, this is a hot issue and anything can change anytime. That said, I did find this on another Japanese news site from Jan 10,

Saudi Arabia: 'Internal' matter if Japan buys Iran oil

www.japantoday.com...

The latest U.S. sanctions target Iran’s central bank and are aimed at hindering Tehran’s ability to receive payment for its oil exports.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Just once, I'd like to be a fly on the wall of the room where the person sits at the chessboard as they are sipping their Merlot, deciding what moves assorted countries will make on the international scale. Perhaps then I will know the answers, and my life will never be the same.

A part of me is happy that I'm not represented by any piece on that chessboard. Most likely, I and others are the raw materials that make up the pieces themselves. It's nice to feel important.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Indeed... Mine may very well be wrong. It's the level of confusion I'm finding to be the only common denominator. Can there really be this much uncertainty and mixed communication in the world capitals or are they simply having this much trouble getting their messages on the same page and running to the same tune? It's hard to say. The former is probably the scariest, isn't it? If they really are reacting and not in more control than it appears, the world is in serious trouble.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Japan will honor US sanctions on Iran?
like i said before here Japan acts as a Puppet to America.

top topics

join