It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happens to a Person With Multiple Personalities After Death?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Let us speculate for a while, philosophizing about the afterlife aside. Let's say it does exist.

As you know, there are many who claim they are what is commonly known in conspiracy circles as ''multiples''. People who - due to unimaginable trauma - created many identities unaware of one another.

That being the case, a multiple dies. Normally, we would assume the main personality IS the one to experience afterlife, but is it really clear when a person has DID?

Take it to a religious level: who is going to be judged? Mr. Smith or Mrs. Rose? Or an infant personality?

This is an interesting dilemma, to say the least.

What do you think, ATS?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Each personality goes to it's appropriate location in the afterlife I am fairly certain that a personality I am familiar with that shows it's face around here about once a month is going to hell.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
What if each personality is a different soul? All of the personalities (souls) would then be recognised in the afterlife.

Very thought provoking question.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

Gotta love "aunt Flo"

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
well the multiple personalities is a disorder in the brain .

the main soul , is the person who is sick with this disorder.

it is not two souls , its one personality with branching personalities. But the main personality is the sick person , who neuron connection misfired , or misconnected somewhere .

when they die , they will probably end up in a place before there disorder , or when they were at there most "normal" state . I believe .

or perhaps there is a special place for dualities to pick and choose which one they want. I imagine it would be the more positive one , and they leave there other demon behind

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by survivaloftheslickest

The person dying has one body, one soul and one spirit. In their mind...is housed...several personalities...I think that at the time of death...all of the personalities (they created in their mind) integrate into one being and they cross over to the (other side).

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

Well I try but sometimes whew

Honestly though I believe that assuming an afterlife a person would need to be judged on the whole of their actions and I don't think this hinges on personalty(ies) so much as it does what the purpose and consequences have been

I suppose if I was an omnipotent judge I would easily be able to give mitigation to a truly fractured individual who might have done things as one part of their personality that another would never had considered. Does that relate somehow to considering circumstance and environment? To me it seems to. Those would be things in my opinion that all knowing judge would be remiss to ignore.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Ouch, never thought about this before.... In my mind I can see all the personalities split off and become beings on their own, or would they? Or maybe the person that is dying, can pick out their favorite personality, and only that personality will go forward....

Geez, why do you have to ask these complicated questions when I am quite sober? Next time you ask it, make sure I am quite tipsy, because then a very philosophical character takes charge of me...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

As you know, there are many who claim they are what is commonly known in conspiracy circles as ''multiples''. People who - due to unimaginable trauma - [color=FFFFB0]created many identities unaware of one another.
First off: Personally, I have never in my life heard of anyone referring to themselves, or to someone else, as being a 'multiple', until now.

That being the case, a multiple dies. Normally, we would assume the main personality IS the one to experience afterlife, but is it really clear when a person has DID?
You have clearly stated that this is one person, who at some point during their life, [color=FFFFB0]created another personality(or several more) for themselves.

Randall Mario Poffo died last year(2011). Continuing with the hypothetical scenario that there is something after death(other than rot, decay, & rigor mortis), then Randall Poffo must be somewhere right? During his life, Randall Poffo had created a type of alternate character for himself.....

Do you think that there are two versions: Randall & Macho, whom are both flying around somewhere in an afterflife world? Or would the more logical answer be that Randall is somewhere experiencing an afterlife, but the alternate character that he had created for himself, is long long gone?

Regardless of whether or not the person is aware that they have created these multiple personalities/characters, the result is the same= 1 person, created multiple personalities for themself.

edit on 1/15/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
you reject truth existence that is why you invent those livings that never exist

one existence is only from dealing with else existence objectively, else existence could b reduced to another objective move, but there is noone but the object one move constancy as a fact existing

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

The seperate souls are either released or integrated. I think that much like a tulpa that they can actually create real souls just by beleiving they exist, so either they will become free agent fully formed souls or they will be re-integrated into the "origin" soul. Depends on how involved their beleif is, and back story, etc.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
It's a mental disorder, when your brain dies so then does the disorder it was afflicted with.. We return to the elements, nothing more and nothing less..

Multiple Personality Disorder tends to manifest due to trauma that someone can't properly cope with.. it's a strong defense mechanism but still nothing more than a mental disorder.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
It's a mental disorder, when your brain dies so then does the disorder it was afflicted with.. We return to the elements, nothing more and nothing less..

Multiple Personality Disorder tends to manifest due to trauma that someone can't properly cope with.. it's a strong defense mechanism but still nothing more than a mental disorder.

Damn, the voice of reality always has to come in an spoil things

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Well i hope unity is the answer.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Yes, but what if this personality - the main one - was a very young personality? From my understanding, if we take trauma-based mind control into account here, that is precisely what would happen.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
A multiple has created different aspects of him/herself, as we all do. We create aspects to create our reality. We are a mother, a child, an employee, a runner, an actress, a friend, and the list goes on. We also have millions of aspects that we are consciously unaware of ... from past lives. It's a huge topic. Integrating the aspects is what enlightenment is all about. Becoming one with yourself .... or the I AM.

A multiple has aspects that are unaware of their link to each other, through the human. These aspects believe they are each separate from each other. I have only topical knowledge of the phenomena, but integration is possible for the multiple. There is some new psycology that is making great headway.

A multiple who hasn't consciously integrated and dies, will find mainly the same issues on the astral realms. The identies go their own ways ... toward their own belief systems, and in the next human incarnation, or lifetime, they will have the same issues to work out. Just as when you die, you will be pulled toward where your beliefs lie. So definitely integration into ONE is the key to enlightenment and the end of karmic lifetime cycles.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
In trying to find where these personalities go it does help to know where they first came from. From some reports it does take a lot of trauma to create a multiple. When the original personality / spirit / soul has had enough it gets out and away from the stress. In this process it does appear to create a fracture at some level, which other personalities can step in and compete over for conscious control of the body. With demonology a part of some mind control experiments there does appear to be some influence of will by the practitioners as to what personalities do step in.

There is more than enough going on to indicate that something is going on with the cycles of life. The specifics are hazy with many different philosophical beliefs going around. Maybe the power of thought is strong enough for many of these ideologies and beliefs to be right, maybe things are much more organised and their are many errors in our understanding.

Out of body experiences, reincarnation, ghost and possessions all have pieces of this puzzle. It is a great question you pose to help with our understanding of existence. With some increasing interest and study in these more mystic topics hopefully the facts can be sorted out from the fiction one day.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
If you assume the brain to be a computer, and the "ID" or "personality" to be a program, then you can see multiple-personalities as glitches or errors in the system. The "core" self exists within, and when one is overwhelmed by the artificial self, they are much like someone whom is asleep in thier own body, the "brain" taking over from thier true "soul" - thus, upon death, the "core" will remain, and if it is asleep, will likely remain so until it finds its way into another incarnation, where, hopefully, it will not be cursed with such a condition.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Sorry. There is no such thing as "multiple personalities". It was MADE UP for the movie sybil. in the early 1970's. Do a little research. Once the author of the movie "sybil" (spelling may be wrong) made up "multiple personality disorder", psych professionals started diagnosing people with it and it became accepted as a real thing by the quack establishment. The author only recently admitted that he made the whole thing up for the movie and there is really no such thing lol.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeAndAware

This is not entirely accurate. Multiple Personality is not a proper label. Most of the explanations on this show why. . .the cultural meme associated with MP are not accurate,so the term has been official replaced in an attempt to avoid the stigma. It is now called Dissociative Identity Disorder.

There is significant argument about DID. Wikipedia actually does a good job, in this case, of describing the two sides fairly. Wiki

On the OP question, the multiple personalities would be integrated together and taken as a whole. In our world, that is the most successfully method of treating Dissociative disorders of all kinds. Seems to be the fairest option in dietyland as well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join