It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something "hit the Earth hard" in Alabama, anyone see/hear it?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
A friend from south Alabama just posted to Facebook that a guy that lives near her reported seeing "something bright falling from the sky at 6:28 pm" (Central time), that it was "flat" and then he heard something "like thunder." My friend said she didn't see anything and found it surprising that she didn't hear anything based on her proximity to him.

My first thought was that it could be a piece of the Russian probe Phobos-Grunt, but didn't they project that would fall over the Indian Ocean?

My friend's husband is a volunteer firefighter and she hasn't heard any calls in the area like you'd expect with a plane crash or something similar.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
the russian probe was projected to crash on the 15th n/e ways so dude man should go check it out and report back asap with pictures

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by fusion47

Russian satellite?

Hmmmmmmm...time to do some research.

If this person's claims are true, then the locals should expect some unusual activity, helicopters would be the first sign.
edit on 13-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Please tell me this was Beibers career!

Any further details you can garner would be awesome, was there a bright green flash? (I'm thinking bolide)

edit on 13-1-2012 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroUnlmtd

I'm about a 5 hour drive away from that part of AL. I'm following the conversation on FB.

There's an AFB about half an hour's drive from my friend's place. People on FB kept asking her friend if he saw a meteor or a plane crash but he kept insisting that what he saw was FLAT.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I'm not sure what "Flat" could be exactly describing?

Unless a rock band threw a LCD tv out an air plane window?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

Well in this UFOs forum, flat could mean....yeah, an LCD TV
Right on.

Doesn't look like Phobos-Grunt passed over Alabama tonight.

www.n2yo.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Stealth aircraft are pretty flat ?

Just guessing ?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
It wouldn't necessarily have to be a piece of the Russian probe to have been debris. Debris burning up in reentry and sometimes reaching the ground is much more common than I suspected until I looked into it.

Why "hit the earth hard"? is that because of the "thunder like" noise That could describe a sonic boom fairly well was there some other indication of impact?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ProRipp

Gosh, if a stealth aircraft crashed then there's no way we'll hear about it in the news. I'm tempted grab a flashlight and drive down there.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

IDK, to quote the witness...

"Something just fell from the sky to the north northwest of this location . The bright object was flat looking and came straight down. Just before going behind the trees it moved to the west. Approximately 20 seconds later there was a sound similar to thunder. It was nothing like a falling meteor. This happened around 6:28 PM tonight."

and

"No, I do not think it was a Russian satellite. If it was an aircraft of any type we will hear about it. There was a definite sound as if an impact had been made."

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by fusion47
reply to post by ProRipp

Gosh, if a stealth aircraft crashed then there's no way we'll hear about it in the news. I'm tempted grab a flashlight and drive down there.

Yes good idea. Go ahead and do that and report back with your findings (if any).

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I suspect nothing that can be explained easily will ever be seen on TV. There's no "perceived authority" in a perplexed look. Any idea how quickly the sound came after the flat object hit the deck? This might give an idea of distance.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply, intriguing sighting, be nice to see some more information come out
somebody go check it out

link   
reply to post by objectman

He said he saw it falling to the west, it went behind some trees, and 20 seconds later he heard the sound "like thunder."

link   

Thanks for the reply, intriguing sighting, be nice to see some more information come out
somebody go check it out

link   

Originally posted by Qumulys

Please tell me this was Beibers career!

Any further details you can garner would be awesome, was there a bright green flash? (I'm thinking bolide)

edit on 13-1-2012 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

PEMLMAO. Please Excuse Me Laughing My Ass Off.

I'm interested. I used to live in AL.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by cry93

I asked him what color it was. Red or orange? He said it was more yellowish in color as it fell.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroUnlmtd
the russian probe was projected to crash on the 15th n/e ways so dude man should go check it out and report back asap with pictures

It would be radioactive and there was concern for new strains of created bacteria/virus type stuff. So I wouldn't go near it or get too curious.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I live in AL, What city was it in? ill keep a look out for the news

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join