It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RE: I bet you cant work this out. Answered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
its just like if i say:

i barrow 100 dollars from friend#1, and then lets say you loose it, so then i go to friend#2 and barrow 50 dollars, so now im 150 dollars total in dept. so then i spend 20 dollars of that 50, then i go to friend#1 and give him the remainder 30 dollars, so now i owe friend#1 70 dollars. sooo now we add it up

70+50+the 20 i spent= 140, but were did the 10 dollars vanish to ????????
`
`
`
my answer is: there is no answer to it just like this pic here below.

`
`
` this my friends is THE answer to Gods existence, to all none believers, you ask how can God be? if he is real then why cant we see him? how is it possible that we have free will yet God knows your next move. well the triangle will tell you that its reality that you can see but no explanation.
edit on 1/13/2012 by o0pinMind0o because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I'm astonishingly mind blown right now.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by atoptreetops

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Hey, I'm blonde and not scared to admit it. I stared at your pic and I gotta tell ya I thought it was just my blonde mind not able to take it in. Hmmm..... how is this possible?

I don't get how either of these problems are possible.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
so.......why exactly did you start a thread to answer a question on an active thread??

Oh i get it...

You have 2 threads.
You loan one to a friend and................

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Ahem...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Pub (bar) con tricks is probably the right forum for these. People (myself included!) are easily fooled by this kind of thing.
There should be a law against it imho.

ETA I vaguely remember an older and more complicated version of this. Bear with my bad memory and incomplete details.

John owes Dave 5 pounds but as he has no money he borrows 10 pounds from Jack. John gives Dave the 10 pounds he just borrowed from Jack but Dave doesn't have 5 pounds in change, only 2. John proposes that Jane lend him 3 pounds by taking the 2 pounds from Dave and giving a 5 pound note to John. That's just the lead-in... Before you know it, everyone is as confused as hell and no one can "follow the money" except for the one guy at the bar enjoying his free beer.

edit on 13/1/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

edit on 13/1/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

edit on 13/1/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by o0pinMind0o

You start with 0 dollars. You end up owing 150 dollars after borrowing everything. You lose 100 dollars = spending 100 dollars so now.

Owe - 150 Have - 50 Spent - 100

You pay your friend 30 dollars so now

You owe 120 - you have 20 - you spent 130

Lets say you pay back the 20 dollars -

now you owe 100 you have 0 and you spent 150

I don't see the issue.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Very good

After reading it tried to apply it to a way of dealing with money's and debt
But then you start off £100 down lol

So sod the missing ten, where the frag did I loose that 100

edit on 13-1-2012 by Neocrusader because: Auto correct

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

imagine a room that exact shape built and you cover the floor with flooring like plywood so it solid tight, then cut them in those peaces and shuffle them around like so, you then will get a whole in your floor from no were.

there is now explanation to it. well you can say its a MIRACLE.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Ptenjakin

go read it again.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
If the gist of the equation is to find out how much money you still owe, then you're math is wrong. It SHOULD look like this:

100 + 50 = 150 total borrowed
100 - 30 = 70 + 50
70 + 50 = 120

The 20 you spent doesn't factor into the equation, because you still owe it.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

There is nothing to read again.

Your math is faulty in the OP due to the logic you use.

As for the triangles. It's an illusion. I've seen this one years ago. In fact they are not triangles but the two shapes are different quadrilaterals.

You should search it on the internet.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

the " triangle puzzle " is a hoax - look carefully at the hypotanuse - the 2 are different sizes

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by o0pinMind0o
its just like if i say:

i barrow 100 dollars from friend#1, and then lets say you loose it, so then i go to friend#2 and barrow 50 dollars, so now im 150 dollars total in dept. so then i spend 20 dollars of that 50, then i go to friend#1 and give him the remainder 30 dollars, so now i owe friend#1 70 dollars. sooo now we add it up

70+50+the 20 i spent= 140, but were did the 10 dollars vanish to ????????
`
`
`
my answer is: there is no answer to it just like this pic here below.

`
`
` this my friends is THE answer to Gods existence, to all none believers, you ask how can God be? if he is real then why cant we see him? how is it possible that we have free will yet God knows your next move. well the triangle will tell you that its reality that you can see but no explanation.

I hate to be a grammar Nazi, however:

*Borrow

*lose

*I'm

*debt

*where

*non

*can't

*it's

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

The problem lies in the wording, making things appear more complicated than it really is:

You borrow $100 from Friend A

You borrow $50 from Friend B

This leaves you in debt $150

(forget the $20 spent on personal uses, as it is still borrowed money that must be paid back, so that part of the equation is irrelevant)

You pay $30 out of $50 to Friend A.

You now owe Friend A $70, but you still owe Friend B $50, leaving the total $120 owed + the $30 paid = $150.

Nothing has disappeared.

The oddity stems from the useless data, which only serves to over-complicate things.

So in a way you're right, that's an exact analogy of "god."

[eta]

I thought I'd better explain this further.

The $20 you're adding to your equation is already a part of the $50 borrowed. It's a miscalculation, which makes the "mystery" a cheat to fool the masses.
edit on 13-1-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
It is a miracle!

The evoultion of spontaneous fractional threading

AKA .. making something out of nothing...... ... OMG! LMAO

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

If this is in response to the thread about the shirt
There is an answer:
they each payed 48.50
48.50+48.50=97
97+3=100

edit on 13-1-2012 by LongbottomLeaf because: ert

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by o0pinMind0o

`

I'm still confused...... So, is god an optical illusion or a short change artist, when it comes to free will?

Personally, I don't believe in free will, because I'm unable to believe certain things. For example, someone could tell me that the sun is actually the moon. I could lie and tell them they're right, but I can't change what I truly believe or truly don't believe, at will.
edit on 13-1-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join