It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just want to show that there is good Politician's out there

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Like i said in the title there is some good Politicains and this is prove of it they are trying to ban red light cameras they say it doesnt do any good expect to make more money for the government and that there is too much big brother. In my case they dont work! Denver is the only city in Colorado to have a law if you run the white line after the redlight you will get a 75 dollar fine. Which is crazy so hopefully this gets passed and eliminate more big brother! There is the link to the story below.

denver.cbslocal.com...

DENVER (AP) — Republican lawmakers want to ban red-light cameras in Colorado, saying municipalities are using them as revenue boosters that do little for traffic safety.

A bill introduced this week would prohibit cities and towns from using the automated traffic enforcement devices on streets or highways, joining several other states that have done so already. There’s dispute over whether cameras that capture speeding would also be banned.

“I think when you look at the role of government within this, we should be about safety and not about generating revenue,” Weld County Republican Sen. Scott Renfroe, the sponsor of the bill, said Friday. “And I think the data is really starting to fall out that red-light cameras are more of a revenue source than increase of safety.”

Mod Edit--Posting Work Written By Others

Starting A New Thread?! Look HERE first.

edit on 1/13/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Nothing more than a political tactic for reelction.

After all, everything any politician does is in the name of creating revenue to line their pockets. We are their never ending account.

They're all scum and should be tried and executed for treason

join