It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Activists deface Bank of America ATMs in San Francisco

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Activists deface Bank of America ATMs in San Francisco

www.rawstory.com

Activists with the Rainforest Action Network recently devised a clever way of promoting their message: defacing Bank of America ATMs with non-adhesive stickers that look like the bank’s software interface, bearing some startling truths about the nation’s largest financial institution.

As part of a campaign they’re calling “Bankrupting America,” the activists claim to have visited 85 ATM locations, turning the “automated teller machines” into “automated truth machines.”

Their sticker asks users to “select your transaction,” with options like: “invest in coal-fired
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I think activism is spreading slowly, but surely.

Besides the large movements like OWS (which was the only time the world ever protested together in history), and of course the Ron Paul revolution, there are smaller groups spreading activism.

Not that long ago an app was released on the android market that allows you to scan items to see if the company that produces the product supports SOPA, thus allowing you to avoid it.

Now people are starting to use harmless ways to communicate their message in the form of non-adhersive stickers. This is a very clever way to spread ideas, and I can only see these movements spreading. They're like anti-bodies trying to cure a sick country.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 13-1-2012 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Those are awesome!!!

I like the fact that they are non-adhesive material, meaning they cant charge them with a crime can they? It wont leave a mark after being removed...

I doubt it would reach that many people though... figure 1 avg american would complain about it and have it removed before other people see it...

Gotta be some other ideas out there to catch everybodies eyes

Very creative though!

edit on 13-1-2012 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
That's a pretty clever way of protesting a companies actions. The stickers are non-adhesive so they won't damage anything and they certainly are not lying about the bank, it's all true. I hope to see more clever way of protesting and raising awareness. You know.. without camping in a park..

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
HAHA! i love it!
now where can i get some?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
ahhhh, i love the cacophonists in my city!
brilliant work and love the statements!
and because they are non-glue films, no property has been destroyed.

new topics

top topics

join