It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake effects of "global warming"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I want you to do this little "experiment". Don't worry, it's not something you can't do. I think that, even 11-year old kid could do this "experiment".

Take a glass and fill it halfway with water. Then put a few ice cubes in it. Put a line on the glass where is the water level. Leave it to for a few minutes, so the ice cubes you put in the glass can melt. And then see what happened. The water level remained the same, or it raised for a little bit.

Why did i ask you to do this "experiment"?
Because the so-called scientists who are working under the control of elites, want us to believe that if ice on the south and north melt, the ocean level will raise for 100m!
The ice is made of water, but it's also made from air, and since 75% of iceberg are under water, the conclusion is clear.
There is ice and snow on the island, but the same rule applies. Snow thickness 10m produce only 1m of water, maybe less.
There is no chance that the see level could raise for 100m, even if all ice and snow on the world melt!
If see level raises for 100m, more than 90% of the land would be under water.
But this so-called scientist are saying that, if see level rises for 100m only coastal towns would be flooded.

This is my little contribution to the truth!

If I missed the right section, please mods, be free the move it to the one.

edit on 13-1-2012 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Do you know how much ice and snow are on the poles? Have you done the math to see how many gallons of water that would be? If you don't know that, then you can't say for sure that it won't.
Edit: also, you are assuming that all of the frozen water in the world is floating in the ocean, which it isnt. See: glaciers
edit on 1/13/2012 by MeesterB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I understand your thoughts about ice that is already in the ocean, but there is a great deal of ice that is not, it is on land, and when that melts, it very well may raise the level of the ocean.

If there is global warming, I don't believe it is something done by man, but by the sun. Just my six cents (adjusted for inflation).

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Sorry but I think your wrong.

All of the ice above water level would add to the water. Therefore making it higher. Your icecube test is of cubes that only sit a tiny bit higher than water level when floating.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I-used-scotch-whiskey-instead-of-water-and-by-the-time-the-ice-melted-the-glass-was-empty
Tried-a-few-more-times-but-the-result-was-the-same.
The-moral-of-the-story---there-is-nothing-you-and-i-can-do-about-it-except-enjoy-our-time-here-before-Waterworld

(i-think-you-should-try-this-experiment-with-salt-water-for-a-more-accurate-result)
edit on 13-1-2012 by 12voltz because: of-the-missing-space-key

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
There is ice and snow on the island, but the same rule applies. Snow thickness 10m produce only 1m of water, maybe less.

And every thought is welcome!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
What about the ice that melts on land? Not all ice is floating ice - Glaciers
edit on 13-1-2012 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Well-I'll-have-to-agree-with-12Volts-on-this-one-for-some-strange-reason-his-post-grabbed-my-attention-the-most

Global-warming-is-real-its-just-the-amount-man-is-contributing-to-the-factor-is-not-worth-mentioning.
Sea-levels-have-been-rising-pretty-fast-over-the-past-decade-and-in-the-next-20-to-30-years-its-predicted-to-rise-7-meters-globally...sht that was hard
edit on 13-1-2012 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

The op (other than the title) is not saying Global Warming is fake. He is saying the effect to sea levels due to global warming melting the ice caps is fake.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by groundy056

You're right.I change the thread title.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Nikola014

do not mix everything..

what the elites have to do with that?

edit on 13-1-2012 by maritimo69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by maritimo69

What elite has to do with aliens?With economy?With power?With science?
See the ATS.

I don't have the correct answer to that question, but i myself have a few assumptions.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I think your experiment works for the north pole ice (is greenland iced up?) but the Antarctica you would need to balance the ice cubes on the rim of the glass (up on land) and see if the water level raises as it dips off the rim(up on land) and into the water(sea). I think the water would rise. Now how high?

edit on 13-1-2012 by ZeussusZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeussusZ

Very little i think.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

"so called scientist" i think its disrespectfull...

i dont find my information about economie, science, power, aliens, etc on ATs sorry.. i have all the web for that

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nikola014
reply to post by ZeussusZ

Very little i think.

Too easy to say that like that, its not an answer

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

You said above -"Snow thickness 10m produce only 1m of water, maybe less" .Antarctica is covered by ice that averages at least 1 mile (1.6 km) in thickness. That if melted would add more water into the sea.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Try telling this to someone who believes in "man made global warming" and they'll come up with a variety of excuses about how wrong you are like they do when you tell them there's no such thing and that the world goes through regular cycles of extreme hot and cold.

Shame really but keep up the good work and hopefully we'll educate idiots who believed Al Gore's stupid movie.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I'm doing this right now while drinking my Kool Aid.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Neat little experiement to try. While I don't think the sea level would rise as much as many are prediciting, I don't think it will rise so little as what you are saying. I think it would be somewhere in middle ground. And to the person who said they were throwing in their six cents - for inflation...

You have made my day.

new topics

top topics

join