It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Ron Paul moves into top tier in South Carolina (Rasmussen)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
For those of you that said that Dr. Paul was going to struggle in South Carolina, it appears you might just have to eat your words...

Congressman Ron Paul (R-TX), a candidate for the Republican presidential nomination, has moved into the top tier in South Carolina. Mr. Paul surged four percentage points in the latest Rasmussen Reports poll of likely South Carolina Republican primary voters to tie former Pennsylvania Senator Rick Santorum with 16 percent of the votes each.

It is still too early to tell, but the latest surge brings RP back to the action in South Carolina. Keep the support strong in SC, as it's working!

Exactly one week ago, Rasmussen Reports polled the Palmetto State. At that time, Mr. Paul had 12 percent of the votes and Mr. Santorum had 19 percent of the votes. A week later, Mr. Paul has trended up 4 percentage points and Mr. Santorum has trended down 3 percentage points.

Rasmussen Reports surveyed 750 likely voters in the South Carolina Republican primary on January 12th. The poll has a margin of error of plus or minus 4 percentage points.

There is a poll at the bottom of the article:
No surprise here on the results - but I think even we RP supports know these numbers aren't accurate. Keep in mind this is an article with Ron Paul in the title...most likely to be read by RP supporters.

Source
edit on 1/13/2012 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Rasmussen helps lead the country in deceptive reporting. Those numbers will change. The RP is fast becoming a force of nature though. I would remember that TPTB be will take any steps to keep Ron Paul out of the White House. And that they are still afraid of us.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
RP's message of returning our troops to American soil while maintaining a strong military is finally being heard by the 'unwashed masses' , in spite of the msm blackout. He's the only candidate saying these things. I fear for his safety and a 'false flag' terror event.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Some say last real present we had was john f kennedy. And look what happened to him. paul does make it. let's hope and pray that he will remain safe.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I'm ready to see what PPP Polls and Selzer & Co. have to say.

Rasmussen is about as credible as CNN in my eyes but I would also have to see the demographics of this poll first.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

He Also Placed Second in the New Hampshire Democratic Primary . Interesting , 19 Pecent of Dems Voted for Someone Other than Obama in that Primary . Seems the Dems are Finally Realizing that their Political Careers are at Risk Supporting this POSER for Another 4 More Years.......

www.prisonplanet.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Here's another poll for those who are unhappy with Ramussen. This one actually has Dr Paul at 20% in SC and climbing, but it mirrors the posted poll and shows Santorum decling also.

www.revolutionpac.com...

Go Ron Go!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
This one has Ron Paul climbing up to third. Keep in mind that the South Carolina primary is on the 21st, so if he jumped 11% already, the 9% needed to close the gap and actually take first place isn't out of reach.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Thanks for the contributions and polls guys.

My point was Rasmussen hasn't given RP correct reporting in the past. I thought this was good news considering.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by baphomet420
Removed Political Troll Post

Somebody obviously didn't bother to read the OP where we discussed a: The actual Rasmussen Poll and b: the fact that the online poll will be shifted in Paul's favor.

Oh the rage! (LoL - eLpresidente!)
edit on 1/13/2012 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Removed Quoted T&C Violating Post.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by baphomet420

I think you are missing the point regarding these online polls. I see polls online for football (soccer) & the polls are always biased towards 2 teams, the reason why is because the 2 teams have a lot more young fans who are more internet aware.
The same goes with Ron Paul, the reason he does so well online is because he has a lot younger voter base than most of the other candidates. This for me speaks volumes for Dr Paul because there is a disconnect in politics with younger people because they see the same old snake oil salesman whereas with Dr Paul they obviously see something different.
So yeah they are biased towards Dr Paul but that shouldn't be a slight on him rather it should be a positive.

And I'm not American so I have no political affiliation with any of the candidates but I will admit that I do like Ron Paul. He is one of the few politicians I actually believe has integrity and although I don't agree with all of his policies, I do think he is the 1 candidate that could make a difference in America and bring it back to the ideals that made your country once great.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
I'm ready to see what PPP Polls

www.publicpolicypolling.com...

PPP 01/13/12

29% | Romney
24% | Gingrich
15% | Paul
14% | Santorum
06% | Perry
05% | Huntsman