It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's really sad and it just pisses me off

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
It's 28 degrees here, with frost on the ground and I was walking my dog and I walked past 2 houses with dogs in the backyard.

These dogs had nothing more than a mere, cheaply built dog house. I don't really understand why anyone would bother with dogs if they're just going to keep them locked n their backyard their entire life? I know that some people keep them for "protection" but they should at least be somewhat considerate of them. I wonder if they just see the dog as that, as just a dog?

Dogs feel cold just like we do. I'm about to report these owners as animal abuse.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I don't really understand why anyone would bother with dogs if they're just going to keep them locked n their backyard their entire life?

I question the same thing to. Not all dogs are "built" for some extreme weather conditions. Sure, some are, but not every single dog is built to live in 28 degree temp. (and on top of that...keeping them locked in a cage forever....no, just no, thats not right...disgusting)

I also understand some people want animals as protection, but ill leave that part aside for the moment....When I think of pets (no matter what creature they be), I think of them as part of the family. My dog is always there when I wake up, eat breakfast, lunch, dinner, play video games, sleep, brush my teeth, answer the door, and so on.......and he is there whenever Im here. Literally...he is part of the family. If he was human, I could say he is my little brother....dog.

Next part may not make alot of sense, but I feel the same way about other animals to. I used to have anoles, and they were always there. I cant say I could see their happiness or emotions as much as dogs, but I cared for them as best I could.....and they were still there. I did what I could in my power to try to help them live a happy life.
edit on 13-1-2012 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-1-2012 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

It also depends on the dog.

My staffy terrier would have never stayed outside at night. Especially during the winter. Poor thing has less than an inch of very light fur...

But my chow chows would refuse to come inside on a chilly night. I had a cinnamon who would bury himself in the snow and you wouldn't find him for hours.

Even had to shave our teddy bear chow in the summer just to keep her cool in the heat.

I agree though, I hate seeing shorthaired dogs shivering and whining in the cold. I've even walked up to doors and knocked before.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I used to have a friend, and her and her mom owned a dog... Except they kept it in a small dog crate all day that was barely bigger than the dog itself. I think they only let it out to go outside to go to the bathroom... And then back in the crate it went.
I will never understand what they thought the point of having that dog was considering they just kept it locked in a box.

It pissed me off too. People shouldn't own an animal if they can't be respectful to the animal.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

My dogs, are working dogs but they are a part of the family and stay in the house (which also makes them better guard dogs)

Having said that, dogs don't actually feel the cold like us due to the configuration of their arteries and veins etc. they withstand the cold in a completely different manner that's before even taking into account the coat/fur.

read this: www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
It stinks, down here....Australia it can get up to 50 Degree C and I still see dogs in the yard. It's way too hot!! I think keeping a dog in the yard is sh1t. A yard should be for exercise, play time etc etc....not it's home.
Sure I understand the whole protection thing, but god, on freezing/boiling days?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

How do you know these dogs are out all day, do you what kind dogs they were, and who says the dog houses didn´t have a blanket or something in them?

Reporting the owners because you are projecting human emotions and traits onto a dog, seems a bit out of proportion, don´t ya think?

edit on 13-1-2012 by IncarnationSix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I know because I've been walking past these houses for about 2 months every day I see the same dogs outside at the same time. I know for a fact that they spend their lives locked up in the back yard.

Either way a check up from Animal control wouldn't hurt.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

If you always see them at the same time, how can you know what they are doing the rest off the time?

I think most dogs will rather be outside all day, and in a bachyard they probably have quite some space.

Do you feel like the dogs should be cuddled and pampered inside all day?

Do the dogs look healthy?
edit on 13-1-2012 by IncarnationSix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

yeah its pretty sad hey.
We live in a hot climate and the air conditioner goes on mainly for the two cats, our big English mastiff and our bearded dragon. Our house is our den and we all look out for each other.

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I really hate dog owners like that.

I wonder the same thing too.
edit on 13-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Seems to be a lot of hate going on there.

Wanna hug, I am a guy, but still, I can be really gentle.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Hear here!
It is why I have a dog door, the dogs come in and out as they please.
They are my best buddies.
I don't even see them as anything other than our 4 legged, smarter children.

Ehhh our 2 legged ones are ok, but they are so hard to train!!!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I often think people reflect who they really are by the way they treat animals.

I don't see animals as pets. If you have taken on the responsibility of living with an animal. That animal is a friend. And for many, a better friend than they deserve.

If you are sensitive to the needs of an animal, you'll be sensitive to the needs of humans. And vice versa. Though I have seen those who place animals above their own family and friends. This is the opposite extreme, and a total lack of balance.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

What kind of dogs? Some dogs are "outdoor dogs". How did dogs ever survive prior to central heat and air?

We have a small dog that is indoors quite a bit, but the big dog is an "outdoors dog". He can handle the cold and heat. Nothing abusive about it.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by muse7

Hear here!
It is why I have a dog door, the dogs come in and out as they please.
They are my best buddies.
I don't even see them as anything other than our 4 legged, smarter children.

Ehhh our 2 legged ones are ok, but they are so hard to train!!!

I second that sentiment!! I think dog doors should be mandatory if you want to have a dog. It should be a law. We have 3 dogs, and one older dog (who is actually very large) hates to be stuck outside, but has a bladder problem and has to urinate quite often. With the dog door, he can go out whenever he needs to, but doesn't have to be stuck out there all day and night (and I don't have to let him out/in 15 times a day, so it works for me too!)
edit on 13-1-2012 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join