It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Forum Proposal: Consultants & Subject Matter Experts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I was reading this thread, in which the OP is having trouble deciphering some Chinese characters he found in a text file on his computer.

The text may be gibberish. All attempts to translate it so far suggest that it is. But what is really needed is for someone who speaks and reads Chinese (and/or Japanese written in Chinese characters) to look at it for the OP.

That should be easy to arrange. From posts I've seen on various threads in the past, I'm pretty sure there are Chinese ATS members, and a few Japanese ones, too. Unfortunately, I can't remember their usernames, so I can't u2u them. Neither, I suppose, can the people participating in that thread.

Now, wouldn't it be great if there were a forum where people could call out for subject-matter experts of all kinds? I don't just mean experts on UFOs or Atlantis or near-death-experiences or chemtrails, but people with real-world skills and expertise, too.

Even a megathread on which people could register their particular skills might be helpful.

Of course, some would claim skills they didn't have. But they would soon be exposed as fraudulent and people would stop consulting them, so I don't think that's a serious problem. We may be able to find other ways round it, too.

What would be ideal is a searchable database of subject matter experts whom members could consult at need. Of course, search is a weak area on ATS, so I'm not hoping for much there.

But possibly a forum, or a thread?

Any takers? What do other members say?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
OK I am an expert on if there needs to be a new forum or not please feel free to consult me.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
could be a very useful tool, with very little maintenance cost for the amigos.

flag.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
There is a list out there already. I just looked for it, knowing I had seen it before. It needs to be more centrally located than where it is, but here is the link to the thread.

Location/Language Link

Just found another one.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 13-1-2012 by Ceriddwen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Ceriddwen

Thanks. That's helpful for translations, but I was thinking about casting the net wider than just translation skills.

Mathematics, for instance...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Or dog behavior and training?
Members have dogs, right?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Sure. Maybe someone should start a thread: If You Have a Skill, Post it Here.

top topics

join